COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Shiny?

Did I miss yesterday’s Shiny?

Was there another delay post somewhere that I missed?

1/26/2020 3:37:03 PM #46

Posted By RedDoggybone at 05:10 AM - Sun Jan 26 2020

I would be for this plan Zairick IF they tell us thats what they are doing. They can't just do it and not say whats happening.

SBS has done a wonderful job so far with the little resources they have had to work with. I find the sales and promotions very creative and I feel that has brought in much more money for them than most games have been able to garner. :)

Have at me down-voter brigade.

I agree with you and logain both. It would be best if they gave us a heads up then went quite for a while to take inventory on everything. Thank you for the reply! :)

Luna server. Brudvir, Mayor/Shipwright/Lumberjack/Hunter. Kingdom Vornair, Duchy Dawn's Reach, county Penhook Bridge, Town: Amber Harbor, Currently, have 2500 EP at my disposal to develop my business. Friend Code: AB0DD0

1/26/2020 4:54:16 PM #47

As others have said, I would not take issue with them intentionally "going dark" to focus on the game, but as I have mentioned in the past, it would be how that is communicated that is important.

Just dropping silent, with no comment, simply...looks bad.

By all means, shut the blinds and knuckle down, just tell us that is happening, and we can do away with all these repetitive questions.

Once again, simple solution...yet oddly not taken advantage of.

Imgur

1/26/2020 10:19:18 PM #48

Posted By Marovec at 5:54 PM - Sun Jan 26 2020

As others have said, I would not take issue with them intentionally "going dark" to focus on the game, but as I have mentioned in the past, it would be how that is communicated that is important.

By all means, shut the blinds and knuckle down, just tell us that is happening, and we can do away with all these repetitive questions.

They’re pretty much all active on Twitter. So ignoring the boards and discord is a conscious decision of theirs. Take that as you will, I find it insulting.

Fun twist; Kyleran is Avastar’s alt.

1/26/2020 10:27:31 PM #49

Posted By Hawarth_Hugiz at 2:19 PM - Sun Jan 26 2020

Ok, that made me laugh. Otherwise, the marathon seems run...

1/26/2020 10:28:57 PM #50

Posted By Zyzax at 3:27 PM - Sun Jan 26 2020

Posted By Hawarth_Hugiz at 2:19 PM - Sun Jan 26 2020

Ok, that made me laugh. Otherwise, the marathon seems run...

LOL how did i miss that! That's hilarious XD

1/28/2020 12:43:40 AM #51

Posted By Marovec at 11:54 AM - Sun Jan 26 2020

Exactly...

Do whatever you want to do...

But have the courtesy to the community you have developed to tell them what you are doing...

Especially if you want to come back to them later looking for more $upport...

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

1/28/2020 2:03:10 AM #52

Posted By Hawarth_Hugiz at 5:19 PM - Sun Jan 26 2020

Posted By Marovec at 5:54 PM - Sun Jan 26 2020

They’re pretty much all active on Twitter. So ignoring the boards and discord is a conscious decision of theirs. Take that as you will, I find it insulting.

Nonsense, I am much better looking. 😁

Wait, they regularly frequent Twitter?

😈

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/28/2020 2:42:46 AM #53

Posted By Marovec at 10:54 AM - Sun Jan 26 2020

Funny. This is exactly the reason they go quiet. People complain no matter what they do.

If you like alchemy, settle in Amestrys. If you can find it...(NA-E)

1/28/2020 3:08:37 AM #54

Posted By Higuy333 at 03:42 AM - Tue Jan 28 2020

Funny. This is exactly the reason they go quiet. People complain no matter what they do.

They‘re in the wrong business, if they can‘t handle that professionally.

Managing the community and its expectations is paramount to the success of this game, as it is their sole source of income. Doing it might leave them feel like being damned at times, not doing it damns the whole project. Nothing funny, really.

1/28/2020 3:56:28 AM #55

Posted By Higuy333 at 9:42 PM - Mon Jan 27 2020

That was, like...the most tame "complaint" ever. I acknowledged that I was fine with them going dark, encouraged it, even, because I think it would preempt a lot of these types of threads, but pointed out they should say something if that is what they are going to do. I also made a reference to how I don't really understand why they don't take simple steps like this (i.e. proactively communicating).

I can't wrap my head around how you can possibly view that comment as a "complaint" that is somehow negatively impacting the studio.

Or, are you of the opinion that we simply can't ever question, or criticize, or point out a preference for them to do something different, ever?

Whatever they decide to do, or not do, no matter what, should just be embraced, because no negativity allowed?

Come on man, meet me half-way here. That was the essence of constructive criticism - present a problem, state reasoning why you think it is a problem, suggest a solution, and why you think the solution would be effective.

Maybe I just need to lay it out bullet point style next time.

Imgur

1/28/2020 11:48:57 AM #56

Almost every Pre-Alpha I've followed the devs have inevitably edged away from the community, due to the relentless shit storm and neediness of the people who are watching for any drop of content literally day after day.

Not much to say about this. They tried to do a nice thing with behind the scenes shinies and it backfired. They're mega late on the latest project, due to (most likely) a poorly built and rushed system with plenty of issues, thanks to the time pressure. They've got a handful of big things on their plate right now.

All we can do is go on standby and listen to their inevitable response. Try to be patient. It hasn't been that long. Other developments I've followed have gone months at a time without any signs of life. A week or two isn't something any sensible backer should be freaking out over. It just goes to show what people have become accustomed to in this community and how the followers are different from other developments. Some of you people need to dial it down and chill.

"You're at an 8 out of 10, when you should be at a 2. Relax."

And as for the "shinies"? Well, I personally think we should all kiss those goodbye. I doubt they'll be returning. That might not be a bad thing either. We might start getting streams again instead, or something neat.

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

1/28/2020 11:52:24 AM #57

Posted By Higuy333 at 03:42 AM - Tue Jan 28 2020

I am sorry for you but you are just completely blind my friend. I am here since 2016 and the progress is just minimal. The can't even get settlers of elyria to work which is a freakin webpage and this is nothing in comparison to the big game they want to program. Look you have to be realistic it would be insane and awesome if this game comes out, but in the other hand the studio is to small to programm such a big game. they cant even get the webpage running it is the simple dark truth.

1/28/2020 12:05:27 PM #58

Posted By Hallvard at 10:52 PM - Tue Jan 28 2020

the studio is to small to programm such a big game. they cant even get the webpage running it is the simple dark truth.

Feel free to leave at any point. If you are genuinely and sincerely making the point that you believe it can't be done, you should be doing something else.

No one came into this expecting it to be quick or easy. I'm not even going to bother explaining how the quality of a webpage and the Dev's ability to create a game are two entirely seperate and distinct beasts, putting aside the comparison of timeframes they've had to work on those projects. There's no point trying to hash this out with someone who has made up their mind, and is only here to dissuade or demotivate people.

I'm sorry you're upset, but honestly if you're at this point you should either be taking a break or be doing something else. Not trying to convince people that your fears make so much sense that they HAVE to be true, even when you don't understand the relevant skill sets or technology you're criticizing.

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

1/28/2020 12:38:36 PM #59

Posted By Marovec at 10:56 PM - Mon Jan 27 2020

Posted By Higuy333 at 9:42 PM - Mon Jan 27 2020

That was, like...the most tame "complaint" ever. I acknowledged that I was fine with them going dark, encouraged it, even, because I think it would preempt a lot of these types of threads, but pointed out they should say something if that is what they are going to do. I also made a reference to how I don't really understand why they don't take simple steps like this (i.e. proactively communicating).

I can't wrap my head around how you can possibly view that comment as a "complaint" that is somehow negatively impacting the studio.

Or, are you of the opinion that we simply can't ever question, or criticize, or point out a preference for them to do something different, ever?

Whatever they decide to do, or not do, no matter what, should just be embraced, because no negativity allowed?

Come on man, meet me half-way here. That was the essence of constructive criticism - present a problem, state reasoning why you think it is a problem, suggest a solution, and why you think the solution would be effective.

Maybe I just need to lay it out bullet point style next time.

Back on topic, going dark is a common practice, Pantheon devs are coming out of a 9 month blackout while they were heads down on a key development phase.

Saga of Lucima devs (a team I truly respect and admire) also went dark a year or so back after securing an investor.

In both cases the devs announced in advance their plans to go dark, reasons for doing so, and necessary milestones to hit before returning to the light.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/28/2020 1:29:32 PM #60

Posted By Pendulum at 1:05 PM - Tue Jan 28 2020

Posted By Hallvard at 10:52 PM - Tue Jan 28 2020

the studio is to small to programm such a big game. they cant even get the webpage running it is the simple dark truth.

Feel free to leave at any point. If you are genuinely and sincerely making the point that you believe it can't be done, you should be doing something else.

No one came into this expecting it to be quick or easy. I'm not even going to bother explaining how the quality of a webpage and the Dev's ability to create a game are two entirely seperate and distinct beasts, putting aside the comparison of timeframes they've had to work on those projects. There's no point trying to hash this out with someone who has made up their mind, and is only here to dissuade or demotivate people.

I'm sorry you're upset, but honestly if you're at this point you should either be taking a break or be doing something else. Not trying to convince people that your fears make so much sense that they HAVE to be true, even when you don't understand the relevant skill sets or technology you're criticizing.

LOL dude at first how can you judge someones skills without knowing him? I am a Software-Analyst and working for years in this how you call it "technology" ma boy. So before talking shit about somebody you should just point out the stuff that you know. I know that there is a difference between developing a game and a webside, but it is quite easy to say that it is easier to develop a webpage than a game of this size. I invested enough money in this game so there is still some faith in me that believes it may come out, but the bad truth is that the studio does not give us enough to believe. I would see something I could tell well they are at half or something, but I don't see much. It is just my opinion and it is okay if you dont share it.

And by the way who are you to tell me I should feel free to leave? Everybody can share his opinion if it is positiv or not. And if it hurts you that much then you are free to leave or to not read it.