COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
I have been reading the recent article on families in CoE and came across this: "Wards are able to select any Gender"

Does this mean that if we chose to be a part of a family we will be randomly assigned a gender? I can imagine that being rather... unpopular.

9/10/2015 10:52:00 PM #1

I don't think it will be unpopular, it seems to have more benifits than being a ward and an untradtional character.

I also wouldn't mind being a male instead of my prefered choice; female, in a family. As long it has what I want, and a good helpful family.

Too bad i'm going to be a ward ;) .

9/10/2015 10:57:31 PM #2

I wouldn't say random. But if the family you wish to join only has male children, how will you be a girl? And vice-versa

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p795/SilDarklight/Chronicles%20of%20Elyria/Forum/Sigs/Luccheno%20600x100altzpsuev3knqe.jpg

9/10/2015 11:00:50 PM #3

There will be restrictions, but they're more realistic in a way, if you want to play a female with black hair you can, but you don't know in what family you'll get into then. So it's not only gender, but also hair colour they're "restricting" because they're not really restricting it, since you can always just make a ward of the state :>

9/10/2015 11:18:39 PM #4

All the search options in family view are usable together.
If you only want to play a male character its just going to cut your options in half, you wont be assigned a random gender after you pick what family you want.

9/10/2015 11:45:29 PM #5

Yes when you join a family you are presented with the options available in the family... if it only has male children, if you choose that family you won't be a female. You can always choose a different family where they have female options

9/11/2015 12:20:34 AM #6

pretty much about genetics, personally I will only play as males since I am a male and it would be easier for me to RP one.

9/11/2015 12:39:11 AM #7

Correct, you will be able to choose what gender you are.

-Miguel

\[T]/

9/11/2015 12:56:45 AM #8

Wait, can you choose what gender you are, or can sort options based on gender?

9/11/2015 3:28:53 AM #9

The latter. You select your gender by filtering which family you want to join.

9/11/2015 3:49:40 AM #10

Had this conversation with DerryFH just yesterday in IRC. I was under the impression that a Ward can select their gender but if you are to start as a traditional character or a non-traditional character your gender would be locked as you are joining the game as an already existing character.

For instance if you were to start as a traditional character and wanted to play as a male, you would only be able to join a family that had male NPCs available.

Found my guide helpful? Show your love by adding my Friend Code:1996D8

9/11/2015 3:52:06 AM #11

That is exactly how it works.

9/11/2015 4:00:31 AM #12

Yea I know that now lol. I didn't see Caspian's post before I submitted mine.

Found my guide helpful? Show your love by adding my Friend Code:1996D8

9/11/2015 10:42:42 AM #13

All I can really say is that I am a sparkly homoseckshul with very long hair, a love of vogue, and a regular weightlifter with six pack abs and a nice chest. I am a special snowflake with uniqueness just like everyone else in this wonderful community is.

I felt everyone in this thread needed to know this. But if I must have a point it would be to say I love deconstructing gender and taking bits and pieces that I like from both. Doing "boy things" and "girl things" and turning them into "David things".

I think it would be so cool to not have restrictions based on gender in the game regarding hairstyles, clothing, and what you can do in society. Maybe that doesn't fit in with your vision for this game. I don't know, but for the types of experiences I enjoy having it would be a great thing for me and those who are like me. So I just wanted to put the thought out there.. in the world.

Lets get some drag queens out into these tavernses! But it's really whatever you guys wanna do. It is your game.

9/11/2015 12:21:11 PM #14

I've never heard of a homoseckshul, could you please clariefy ;9!

but do remember that it's a medieval setting, so drag queens weren't as pompous (know i spelled it wrong) as they are today, back then there were trans people, women mostly tried to go as men char, and some men even went under being women.

But we don't know yet if we'll be able to have skinny guy, big girls etc. But do look forwards to it ;9 Also I don't see a problem with the restrictions that limits you to your mother anf father's hair colour etc. As this game is more about family and dynasti =w=? So we'll probably see a lot of families rise (lige a p-nix) ;3!