COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Shields?

Before my follow up questions, are there shields?

5/4/2016 11:45:19 PM #1

I'll add a bit more to the question. I was on my phone at the time so I didn't want to type everything out if there weren't.

Basically shields, depending on how they are implemented have the possibility of completely changing combat and tactics used. So far it seems only knives and rapiers have been indicated, maybe sabres.

Anyone else see any info I missed? If not, and there just isn't any currently, what are your thoughts?

Why ask? A large family with a shield wall and good teamwork could take out dozens of enemies...

5/4/2016 11:50:12 PM #2

Rapiers are the only weapon that I have seen demoed. However there will be othe weapons as well including long swords, bows, claymores, axes, daggers, and possibly even poles and spears. And I have seen images of shields (coats of arms) in housing pics so I would have to assume they will be in game as well, though I am not 100% sure.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

5/4/2016 11:54:28 PM #3

Good point about the pics. I remember reading that the devs teased that they had actually put a lot of unknown hidden spoilers in the pics that hadn't been made official yet. I have a feeling you're on to something.

Any thoughts on combat with shields? The most elite militaries before full plate mail mostly did a spear and shield.

5/5/2016 12:43:09 AM #4

Check this out. Yup. You're fine.

5/5/2016 1:01:55 AM #5

Thanks Caspian! It's beautiful. :D

So full on Spartan warrior is on the table!

5/5/2016 1:07:55 AM #6

Obviously just decorative wall mounts. What's a shield? Has that been invented yet?

5/5/2016 2:55:30 AM #7

Oh... take the door off the hinges, cut it in half down the middle and give it a handle? Why didn't I think of that! My mum always said that I made a better door than a window as we watched the firefae dance in the flames beyond the hearth. Who would have thought my talent for blocking the view would one day inspire a superb way to block a bandits blade?

5/6/2016 2:30:26 AM #8

Tower shields and a testudo/foulkon formation... Good times to come.

7/11/2017 12:53:07 PM #9

spartan kindon hope i see it come true. anyone who will build that kindom im going to be part of that