COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
About Vampires

About Vampires and Souls:

• Once a vampire turns you into a vampire, you loose your soul, which is stored inside him.

• If you die as a vampire and your soul is still inside your vampire-father, you will have to start with a new soul, as the previous one is unavailable.

• Once that vampire is killed (even if by another vampire) the souls he had stored inside him are released back to the Records and made available for reincarnation by their previous owners once more.

• Skills you attain as a Vampire are lost to you once you die

• Once under the sun they loose access to their powers and take damage

• NPC's will attack confirmed vampires on sight

1 - Are there limitations to the number of souls a vampire can "store"?

2 - How often will a vampire have to feed?

3 - Can a vampire feed on NPC's? (to avoid impairing other players games)

4 - If a vampire feeds on a Lich Philactery, how long will that suffice in terms of not having to feed again?

5 - How often can vampires turn others into vampires? As in, will there be more involved to turning people other than just biting?

6 - the previous brings up another question: where will the difference lie between feeding, turning and killing?

7 - Can vampires feed without the victim noticing it? (like the lore stories of vamps feeding on sleeping young maidens lol)

8 - What exactly are the perks of being a vampire so as long you feed, apart from condicioned immortality?

9 - If you feed on someone who isn't logged on (OPC) how will the player be able to tell what happened? Will he be able to identify you the next time he see's you?

PS: i'll update this first post with the answers as they come =P

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p795/SilDarklight/Chronicles%20of%20Elyria/Forum/Sigs/Luccheno%20600x100altzpsuev3knqe.jpg

10/6/2015 4:26:12 PM #1
  1. Stored in the vampire somehow that converted you.

2. You will have to start with a new soul.

3. Maybe unfair, but it seems that many people wants to be a vampire, you have to consider the risks. Now the question is would a vampire want to create other vampires? And it's not a random hungry attack. Creating another vampire is a willing act it doesn't happen by accident.

4. No the souls are released back the the Records

5. No idea

10/6/2015 4:26:36 PM #2

EDIT: Rhaegys answered in a much better way.

6/16/2017 7:35:41 AM #3

I wonder, can a vampire put a soul in a Phylactery? Not that there would be a benefit for the vampire, but I am curious.

6/16/2017 8:36:50 AM #4

You forgot about the weak vampires. They don't start out being able to capture souls and turning people. They feed on some of spark of life.

They gain power the more souls, and or spark of life parts they take. They can even grow with talents awarded by the soul they have stolen.

They are ageless, Which means the age you become one, you will stay till you die and when you die the first death is permanent

can only go out in night.

2,) Undefined mechanic, however they said you have to do it in order to sustain the soul the vampire is missing. Read, a ticking time bomb.

3.) Obviously, and in some respects an NPC life could very well be more "beneficial" to a settlement than a PC's slightly lower soul loss from being CDG.

4.) The lich phylactery isn't something you can eat, I would expect because vampires aren't soul reaver vampires. Unless mechanics are working otherwise..

5.) You will have to be a strong vampire to be able to turn other's into the tribe.

6.) We don't know the mechanics. I assume it'd be your action instead of CDG when you CDG you have a different thing that happens.

8.) See above, but we don't know what talents he gains or the stat increases that are achieved while being a vampire.

9.) We don't know, but I assume you would understand what had happened when you have to buy another spark of life, or with an event log on the time of log in.

10.) be a hrothi, if you wanna vamp, their settlements aren't in the sun :D

6/16/2017 3:30:41 PM #5

It seems like a lot of people wouldn't mind becoming a vampire. It's very unlikely though...

6/16/2017 3:43:12 PM #6

Just to point out this is an INCREDIBLY old thread and while speculation is fine all we really know for sure is vampires are rumored to exist in the world as well as other mythological creatures. Everything else is speculation at this point.

6/16/2017 4:06:27 PM #7

Another thing to mention is that you don't take damage from the sun while wearing a hooded cloak. Wearing a hood will make you look suspicious, however.

I wonder what would happen if you turn into a vampire as a child. Would this mean you're a kid for the rest of your life?

6/16/2017 4:19:30 PM #8

Posted By BenjaminVonGrey at 12:06 PM - Fri Jun 16 2017

Another thing to mention is that you don't take damage from the sun while wearing a hooded cloak. Wearing a hood will make you look suspicious, however.

I wonder what would happen if you turn into a vampire as a child. Would this mean you're a kid for the rest of your life?

I am unsure that they mentioned that.

6/19/2017 5:58:19 PM #9

What I want to know is if someone could keep a PC vampire hidden and safely fed to use for breeding Dhampyr. Then you get all of the sweet benefits and can Praise the Sun!

NA-West Barony Corvoviste | Founder of the Farstriders | FC: DAF200

6/19/2017 6:07:01 PM #10

Posted By Malais at 10:43 PM - Fri Jun 16 2017

Just to point out this is an INCREDIBLY old thread and while speculation is fine all we really know for sure is vampires are rumored to exist in the world as well as other mythological creatures. Everything else is speculation at this point.

Thanks I was starting to wonder what I had missed somewhere that vampire was going to make it into the game. The OP seems to post as if it was all factual but hopefully if still pipedream status.

Click Banner To Visit town. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

6/20/2017 3:02:15 AM #11

Posted By BenjaminVonGrey at 12:06 PM - Fri Jun 16 2017

I don't see why the rules would change just because you're under 18. Plus it would make hunting vampires even more compelling -- trust nobody, not even the children.

Referral Code: 912EC9

6/20/2017 3:04:21 AM #12

Maybe all children (And Kypiq 'cause they look like children) Should be executed. Just in case they're vampires.

6/20/2017 3:10:39 AM #13

Posted By Zantonny at 11:04 PM - Mon Jun 19 2017

Maybe all children (And Kypiq 'cause they look like children) Should be executed. Just in case they're vampires.

That's legitimately a good idea.

Last I heard, children in CoE are gonna be immortal (you can only knock them out). So executing all the kids until ones dies would actually be a solid way to weed out any pocket-sized vampires.

Referral Code: 912EC9

6/20/2017 4:14:59 PM #14

Posted By SilkyBazaar at 2:07 PM - Mon Jun 19 2017

Posted By Malais at 10:43 PM - Fri Jun 16 2017

Thanks I was starting to wonder what I had missed somewhere that vampire was going to make it into the game. The OP seems to post as if it was all factual but hopefully if still pipedream status.

Its not is as real as becoming a lich.