COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
[NA] The Freehold Duchy of Zylphania

Coat of Arms of House Bombastus

The Freehold Commune of Ƶylphania [Luna (NA-E) | Kingdom of Alésia]

Join us on Discord

A Welcome from Bombastus, The Most Excellent Familiar of Ƶylphania:

If this is your first time reading this, welcome. This post is about getting to know Ƶylphania. I have endeavored to remain within the bounds of acceptable speculation, never the less please be aware that everything below is subject to radical change. Above all, it is my firm intent to foster an environment fit for all styles of play. Where Producers, Suppliers, Champions and Explorers can dwell in the light or brave the darkness as they chose.
Though I am the name on the page, the work below reflects the incredible creativity and passion of dozens of other players. Ƶylphania is a collaboration toward a shared dream. We're making something magnificent, and we're only getting started. Won't you join us?

With utmost sincerity,
Bombastus

【Ƶ】Experts Wanted

A duchy is diverse in both its needs and composition. In order to be prosperous, we must tap into the expertise we each possess. Elyria will test our prowess in leadership, analysis and problem solving, creativity, critical-thinking, risk management, interpersonal relations, and above all our patience. It is for this reason that advancement and achievement in Ƶylphanian society will weigh heavily on expertise and professional conduct. If you take pride in your personal skills or talents, and if you take ownership of your part of the team effort, then you will go far.

【Ƶ】The Three Pillars of Ƶylphania

The goal of the Freehold Commune of Ƶylphania is to create a place for our individual stories to take center stage, and where we can all take part in building a great society. The Three Pillars are the foundation in which all activities in Ƶylphania are grounded. Our aim is to maximize everyone's enjoyment.

Role-Play

To me, role-play is first and foremost about immersion. This game is designed to be incredibly immersive and those who seek to increase that immersion through role play deserve and environment which enables them to do so. This means respecting the immersion of other players by keeping real-life intrusions into game play minimal, but this ideal also includes actively encouraging and enabling the immersion of others. Some may feel intimidated by the notion of role-play, or perhaps have some preconceived notions of role-play. We want to ease the barriers to approaching role-play so that players who are unfamiliar but curious can approach the experience with an open mind.

Cooperation

As a duchy we will face shared troubles and enjoy shared triumph. It is well known that a united force can withstand any threat that would otherwise overwhelm an individual. A player who is cooperative should be competitive but fair. With limited resources we will all be competing to a certain extent, but the overall goal should be to grow stronger together as a group, not to eliminate competitors without mercy. In that spirit, the Duke has encoded a series of rules guiding internal conflict resolution. These formal structures for dueling at the gentry and nobility levels are designed to encourage direct and final satisfaction for most issues and to prevent rivalries from impacting the greater duchy.

Mutual Respect

We must be accepting of the diversity of our fellow players in all situations. It will be imperative that we treat one another with the respect due to any human being. It is only in this way that we can each grow to achieve our fullest potential. Prejudice and harassment of any player for any reason will not be tolerated. This includes, but is by no means limited to, a player's gender, genetic background, social background, worldview, age or game experience.

【Ƶ】Our Law

The Duke has commissioned the creation of a tripartite governance structure.

The Familiar of the Commune

The Familiar is the custodian of the land. His or her responsibilities are to ratify and enforce laws created by the Galleries of Governance, to provide for the military defense of the Duchy, and to appoint the heads of each Ministry.

The Gallery of Freeholders

This body is comprised of Aristocracy and Freeholders (gentry) and contains one representative from each ward in a county. These representatives are elected by popular vote from among all Freeholders in the representative's ward. The Gallery of Freeholders may propose legislation for the consideration of the Gallery of Ministers.

The Gallery of Ministers

The Ministers are appointed from among the Freeholders of the realm, the exception being the Minister of Freeholders, who is elected by the Gallery of Freeholders to represent them. Together with the Nobles of the realm, the Ministers propose legislation for the consideration of The Familiar of the Commune.
Click on the images below to view the information for each Ministry:
Ministry of Infrastructure Ministry of Scholarship Ministry of Culture Ministry of Commerce Ministry of Warfare Ministry of Truth and Justice Ministry of Noble Relations Ministry of Freeholds

【Ƶ】Pledged Noble Houses

House Bombahzet of Skydown

House Ablar of Malren

House Baldloc of Battencia

House Bodhi of Tarot

House Bombastus Soleil of Ubertaas

House Byrcha of Falkyriiah

House Helvglazt of Glassraven Valley

House Salle of Bhailedar

House Sepulcris of Akritheos

House Stolz of Daemascus

House Marshall of Wolfwater

House Star of Red Thorne

House Muhrder of Ebonguard

House Burrmeister of Értékesmegye

【Ƶ】Learn More

If you have questions about how we operate or wish to join our venture, please join us in the following venues:

Discord chat: Here you can talk with members of the realm and other prospective members, and join in the conversations forming our Duchy.

Or, comment below!

... ...
6/10/2017 3:18:48 PM #286

Settle in scenic and prosperous! Benevolent Dictator Duke Bombastus promised my family a free parcel of land and two affirmative nods of the head to be given should I ever walk past him on the street!

6/12/2017 5:00:23 PM #287

Posted By En at 08:18 AM - Sat Jun 10 2017

Settle in scenic and prosperous! Benevolent Dictator Duke Bombastus promised my family a free parcel of land and two affirmative nods of the head to be given should I ever walk past him on the street!

That's one affirmative nod and one nod of genial recognition. The difference is important.

6/18/2017 4:13:44 PM #288

What tribe excites you the most? I am fond of the Kypiq (as I have always loved climbing trees) and the Neran (for their practicality) so far. I can't wait to see what comes up next!

6/20/2017 8:32:51 PM #289

I'm interested in the Hrothi (I was hoping for a tribe with smithing prowess and knowledge focus -- here it is), Neran (for their love of technology and knowledge) and Janoa (for their strength and love of the hunt).

I want to learn more about them all though!

6/20/2017 9:35:38 PM #290

The Waerd/ To'resk/ Neran

We are a nomadic community, so The Waerd would fit in well with our history, but we hope to become a melting pot of different backgrounds.

Am looking forward to more information. Janoa was a contender but for me, they don't fit what I wish my character to be.

Alt text -

6/20/2017 11:48:40 PM #291

Brudvir!!! Because beard.

6/25/2017 3:08:00 PM #292

Beard, but no beer'd.

6/27/2017 2:15:20 PM #293

Posted By Bombastus at 11:08 AM - Sun Jun 25 2017

Beard, but no beer'd.

Deal breaker. Not interested in this duchy anymore.

7/6/2017 7:53:15 PM #294

Too late. You're up to your eyeballs in responsibility.

7/9/2017 2:42:02 PM #295

Even a tenured teacher can be fired under the right circumstances.

On an unrelated note, the following shall be enacted immediately:

Freeholder's Epigram of Silly Hats

1.1 Let it be known that all members of the citizenship must wear silly hats in which the size scales accordingly with their seat in society.

i. Should any member of the gentry own a hat larger than that of the nobility, they will be sentenced to public execution.

ii. Should any member of the nobility own a hat smaller than that of the gentry, they shall be put on bound and stoned.

iii. Speaking out against this article will result in exile into Zygethia via catapult.

Please expect Ministry officials to be making frequent rounds gauging the size and objective silliness of any given hat. Note that they are allowed full entry into your homes and places of business by order of the newly founded Ministry responsible for overseeing this article.

Signed: The Minister of Autocorrect

7/12/2017 10:08:30 PM #296

Hey guys. I posted a while ago about having a couple of families join this duchy. I was wondering if the type of topography for the duchy has been discussed?

Two of my friends want to be Hrothi and I want to be Kypiq, so we are looking for a way to be near eachother/play together.

Thanks!

7/13/2017 8:16:15 PM #297

Posted By Slorf at 3:08 PM - Wed Jul 12 2017

Hey guys. I posted a while ago about having a couple of families join this duchy. I was wondering if the type of topography for the duchy has been discussed?

Two of my friends want to be Hrothi and I want to be Kypiq, so we are looking for a way to be near eachother/play together.

Thanks!

My choice is limited by what my King choses, so I cannot say for sure what tribes and biomes to which we will have access. Sorry, that is the best I can say for now. However we plan to be very kind to immigrants; free land, free schooling, etc. So if you move your families to Zylphania from elsewhere you may have a leg up.

7/14/2017 12:49:08 AM #298

Posted By Bombastus at 4:16 PM - Thu Jul 13 2017

Posted By Slorf at 3:08 PM - Wed Jul 12 2017

Thanks!

My choice is limited by what my King choses, so I cannot say for sure what tribes and biomes to which we will have access. Sorry, that is the best I can say for now. However we plan to be very kind to immigrants; free land, free schooling, etc. So if you move your families to Zylphania from elsewhere you may have a leg up.

Thanks for letting me know. Worst case we'll probably do just that.

7/20/2017 1:09:13 PM #299

Attention Citizens of Zylphania!

Nominations for the seat of Minister of Freeholders, an elected seat for an exemplary member of Zylphania's citizenship act as voice to their peers within the highest levels of governance, are being accepted.

All citizens are encouraged to participate in the upcoming debates, QnA's and general banter!

8/3/2017 3:28:43 PM #300

Our new Minister of Freeholders is The Most Gentle Varin Ragnvald. Let's congratulate him on his election victory.

... ...