COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Design Journal #8 on MMORPG.com

On Monday, October 12th at 9am EDT Soulbound Studios posted their eighth design journal titled "Character Rolls and Skill Advancement" on MMORPG.com. This design journal talks about how Chronicles of Elyria uses division of labor to allow players to focus on just the areas of the game they want to, the different skill categories, how skill hierarchies work, and the multiple ways players can advance their skills.

Learn more over at MMORPG.com.

10/13/2015 4:06:45 AM #1

This may open up the possibilities of training schools totally run by players... reach a high enough level, increase scholarship skill, give lessons?

10/13/2015 8:04:29 AM #2

I like the idea, it overcomes one problem that I have with a lot of Multi Player games. Where the Devs either try to force people to 'play together', with impossible to solo instances. Or they do nothing to encourage players to interact. A prime example of that being Secret World. A great game, but in essence an off line game with a social element. What is proposed is a system where players will interact without being forced too.

It also provides a nice circular system that will help the game be driven forward.

Crafter interacts with Gatherers for materials

Gatherers interact with fighting types for protection

Fighting types interact with Crafters for weapons and armour.

10/14/2015 5:54:04 AM #3

Idea is just perfect. So many possibilities. I can't wait to see my self in the game. I am looking forward to pay for the game and play it :) I really like the idea of character roles and I love new screenshots.

10/14/2015 2:03:03 PM #4

I can imagine the crafting schools - 1 hour of schooling in game... containing those kids who play after getting home from 6-8 hours of school during the day.

But even then, a great way for high-level crafters to have some downtime and make some extra $ in-game from other players. Sign contracts to attend the classes for 1-hour in exchange for 100 gold pieces, and have 60 players observing for that hour.

That's a potential crazy amount of passive income for an hour of nothing... especially if you have your OPC perform the tuition.

11/6/2015 6:52:39 PM #5

This is a great idea. Allow people to earn coin by teaching the new players things. Would encourage the family aspect as people looked to the family elders for help in learning the trades etc.

Good Day Sir Ty Barr

1/11/2016 11:22:43 PM #6

My heart melts every time I learn something new about this MMORPG. It's just so perfect sounding, I think this may be the game I have been searching for my entire gaming life. Does anyone know when they plan to release this?