COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
The soul of crafting.

My question is in regard of the crafting system within the game and certain legends that i've come across studying cultures. I have read that crafting will require real skill to create items on top of materials and techniques (love the idea) my reason for the post is more of a interesting musing with the theme of the game itself: legends among certain cultures (in real life) spoke of blades taking on traits, skills, or even power (or curses... like insanity) from the person that crafted them, often due to the sheer amount of dedication the craftsman used to create the items (mostly related ot part of their soul, spiritual energy) becoming a part of the work... sometimes even claiming the very life of the artisan in order to create legendary items and such. I believe that speaks closely to a certain extent to the themes among CoE, and I was wondering if that could ever be a part of the game itself (in terms of crafting?)

4/29/2017 9:12:17 PM #1

I hope so - that would be amazing!

4/29/2017 9:23:41 PM #2

Cool concept, would have to be done using discretion though if suddenly everyone is getting a magic sword the game will become silly. I know that is not what you're saying should or will happen, but if a few of these swords get made over the 10 year period I think that would be super cool.

Aspiring Lumberjack, NA-W

4/29/2017 10:28:49 PM #3

Why only weapons?

Never heard of the "hungry man´s table"? Its creator was a nameless ever hungry fellow and while he finished his masterpiece of woodwork he passed away. Now anyone who eats while sitting at this table gets even more hungry and gets fatter and fatter... ;) :D :D :D