COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Fountain of Youth

So, in a game where your character ages and dies, having something like "The Fountain of Youth", would be an EPIC end-game find, effectivly making your character immortal and not subject to the normal aging effects!?

Also - how about anti-aging potions (lik D&D) that say may take 5-10 years off, extending your characters life!?!

"The Light of Hope Burns Brightest at Dawn".

8/3/2015 2:22:33 PM #1

One of the biggest draws of CoE is the perma-death/new life mechanic so I don't think a Fountain of Youth would really fit.  However they have said that there will be ways to extend your characters life, just not make them invincible.

Found my guide helpful? Show your love by adding my Friend Code:1996D8

8/3/2015 2:36:22 PM #2

"There is rumor of an ancient relic handed down by the Antepyrovians that suspends the normal aging process. But what length would the Children of Mann go to, to obtain such an object? Would anyone be safe wearing something so coveted?"

Anara Starsong - Keeper of Chronicles

8/3/2015 2:40:50 PM #3

I stand corrected!

Found my guide helpful? Show your love by adding my Friend Code:1996D8

8/3/2015 3:20:03 PM #4

Sounds interesting, I can't wait to obtain or even see the ancient relic. I hope its a relic that only a single person can obtain and find.

8/3/2015 3:28:57 PM #5

"There is rumor of an ancient relic handed down by the Antepyrovians that suspends the normal aging process. But what length would the Children of Mann go to, to obtain such an object? Would anyone be safe wearing something so coveted?"

I hope this will be like a Holy Grail in our world, more a mystery than actual relic to obtain.

"would be an EPIC end-game find, effectively making your character immortal and not subject to the normal aging effects!?"

Definitely not an EPIC end-game object, which would be available eventually to large mass of players. That would ruin the concept of the game.

On the other hand, a one on the realm item, obtainable by series of epic, chain quests. With the reward of being recognised as a most famous relic hunter / discoverer / crusader * you name it. And given the official parade, show, presentation at the royal court. Well that would give some nice roleplaying, some well deserved recognition, and of course knowledge to the whole world of shady people the name of the person that is in possession of world's most sought relic.

I can imagine those theft contracts, those assassination plots and political arrangements.

It's dead, Jim.

8/3/2015 4:04:41 PM #6

It would be awesome to find that one relic, and then spend my whole in game life fending off the hoards of assasins and thieves xD

5/27/2016 3:55:54 AM #7

sounds very cool

hopefully it will be ridiculously hard to find and use though

5/27/2016 3:59:42 AM #8

If we are on this topic, I need to add that at the start of the story someone has woken up a Antepyrovian and may have started the end of the world.

Xuerou Wyvernwood Mayoress of Imbrium Ridge Kingdom of Ashland Duchy of Fioralba

5/27/2016 5:57:00 AM #9

I think they will go down the rout of it begin able to be stolen, which makes it a bit more fun for everyone one, also if the person who has it is well known it wont be long before people notice he is not aging.

Fate is but a flip of the coin

Friend code DB6317

5/27/2016 7:43:42 AM #10

I still want the fountain of youth.

Sadly, you'll have to wait for me to get to that part of the story I am writing to reveal how we might be able to make one, will be a while. ...

I think you'll really love it. ;p)

Link to my story

5/27/2016 9:04:49 AM #11

Anti-ageing stuff needs to be really rare. Remember that in the long term SBS are going to be relying on people buying new Sparks of Life in order for the game to continue. If everyone has access to immortality/extended lives then them game would have to shut down after a few years.

That's why things like vampirism and Lichdom are cool, you can be immortal (or at least greatly extend your life) but if you die you have to buy a new Spark.

5/27/2016 10:20:00 AM #12

I don't know if anyone tells you this but as your games community, we all love you. <3

Friend code D248D6

5/27/2016 2:59:42 PM #13

To be honest, I'd love for some kind of anti-aging potion, ring, or amulet even if it doesn't actually work. You know, just for appearances only. Like Melisandre's amulet on Game of Thrones.

5/28/2016 2:35:38 AM #14

If such and object exists it needs to be brought to the Fennec Academy for study...

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

5/28/2016 3:13:15 AM #15

if there is a relic that turn you immortal, would have to be something that it's your life, in other words... If this object is taken away from you you just die and lost your spark of life. At least, if you have passed the time you should have. It would be cool to see a insta-aging effect.

Hello, i am trying to write a fancfic and need help with it since english is not my first langague: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/8070/help-nedded you can read it here: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/7546/the-spirit-of-the-void-chapter-3-is-out-0605