COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Jobs?

was unsure where exactly to put this let me know if this is the wrong place. do we yet have a compiled list of jobs of some sort? i want to figure out what i am going to do for work. if someone vould point me in the right direction.

6/6/2016 11:51:09 AM #1

There is no list, and probably won't be one. You can essentially have any job you want that makes money. If you're looking for a skill list, that doesn't exist yet either. They might not release a full skill list ever. Might be that we have to figure out what skills exist in game.

6/6/2016 11:55:09 AM #2

ok! thanks for the quick reply, ill look around and try to get an idea from what we know then.

6/6/2016 1:52:52 PM #3

Somewhat like deffcon said, you can do anything that makes money, however there are official professions: Herbalist, Hunter, Miner, Lumberjack, Farmer, Prospector, Merchant, Weapon-smith, Armor-smith, Blacksmith, Tailor, Leather-worker, Cartographer, Scribe, Mason, Tinkerer, Carpenter, Artist, Cook, Alchemist, Candle-maker, Glass blower, Fletcher, Paper-maker.

6/6/2016 5:38:27 PM #4

And jeweler, sculptor, painter, tavern-owner, tamer, etc. There really is no limit and you can take on multiple professions or make one that suits you.

Xuerou Wyvernwood Mayoress of Imbrium Ridge Kingdom of Ashland Duchy of Fioralba

6/6/2016 6:15:33 PM #5

Hi

Check this journal here about the professions DJ #9: Crafting & Professions
and maybe check the wiki Chronicles Of Elyria at Official Chronicles of Elyria Wiki

Think that might help you

See you in the next life...

6/6/2016 6:26:58 PM #6

All of the above being said, put yourself in the moment of launch, among the masses who have not pledged and don't enter the game with the perks so many of us early adopters will take for granted. What will they want?

The top two considerations will be food and outfitting. Everyone will begin with some sort of shelter so even though that is a need, it won't be as vital at 15 (the starting age for many) as it will be a bit later. But they will need food to survive and they will be looking to outfit themselves. I say "outfit" rather than "clothe" because no one will run around naked out of necessity, at least at first. But depending on your chosen skills/crafts, you will need special equipment and tools, unless you apprentice yourself out.

Consider also that the time of the Exposition will be one of building and preparing for the invading masses. The nobility will be wanting to build up their troops. A monarch or noble who cannot protect his domain just invites casus belli to be overthrown. At the very least, you have to show those jaded masses, most of whom will be completely unfamiliar with following the dictates of other players in games, that you mean business and can protect their interests in exchange for their deference. But at the end of the day that deference you must have and that will require troops. Supplying those troops will be a lucrative business. Think armor and weapon smithing, food, gear, even healing services!

Inns and taverns will soon after take on a great importance as players set out to expand into villages, towns and cities. I expect a boom in demand for architects, masons, carpenters, cooks, and auxiliary workers. And naturally both inns and taverns will need a constant supply of food and drink. Farming will be a guaranteed income source if you go into it with eyes open and make arrangements for the security of your farm! Any local baron or baronness worth his or her name will plan on regular patrols to protect the providers of the foods necessary for the health and happiness of his or her troops and citizens.

If the players are comfortable that their needs are being met, then intermediate needs will come to the fore. Expect a demand for those skills affecting appearance and adventure. Tailors, herbalists, cartographers, investigators, animal tamers/breeders, etc. You name it, and at some point there will likely be a demand for it.

I've just scratched the surface here, of course. But the smart players will apprentice themselves out early, earning skill increases, equipment, seed money, and reputation. Consider those early months a training time for meeting the demands to come and you should prosper.

J

12/21/2016 11:42:35 PM #7

Most foot soldiers will not be in exposition as only higher teir players are invited

John Baelfyre, Lord commander of the Frostmoon Legion, son of wolves.

2/3/2017 11:29:33 PM #8

Theoretically you could do anything as a job. As long as someone is paying you then you could do anything. Even be a comedian.

Baron Rogoth, County of Kybourne, Duchy of Losthollow, Kingdom of Aequitas. Server: OCE. FC; 2AA213