COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Suggestions] Site v.2

Hey all! In the interest of keeping the forums clear of a multitude of topics all revolving around the new website, we're making one ourselves to compile all the suggestions, feedback, and constructive criticism that you guys might have about it.

So please, post below! And if you can provide documentation of any bugs you encounter in the form of a screen shot, we'd greatly appreciate that!

7/14/2016 8:04:03 AM #1

The background image around our profile image is broken. I'd post a screenshot but I don't see how to upload an image.

7/14/2016 8:06:42 AM #2

Suggestion #1: Single line breaks.

Suggestion #2: BBCode.

Suggestion #3: CKEditor.

Suggestion #4: Some CSS for links so they're colored ± underlined, dang it.

7/14/2016 8:10:17 AM #3

Hi SBS.

My personal opinion and balance about this week.

I'm decepcionated with web update. You (SBS) have a 1 week of delay and you UP web without store and more secundary objectives (web v2 with messages, email and link KS, IP, webkit fansite,...). I hope more organization with contract a web developer to solve problem, timeline organization, delays,...

You was done a great work with litle new content, new sketches, menus, etc... and hardwork to UP the Web. I know that new web are very similar than old.

I hope that you learn about this problem. Now rest a long way to up the comunity hype again to fortgot this problem and only rest with a anecdote.

And I hope too that in short time you will implemented store and rest that you promised to the comunity for this update.

If you would want my vote in my opinion for balance, state and progression of this week.

Work SBS group: 6/10. Web finish update: 3/10 New content & Design: 4/10 Balance of week & updates: 6/10 Timeline & delay: 3/10

TOTAL: 4.4/10

Regards!!!

P.D: Sugestions tu add the web:

1. Link in name/nick of member to look/acces profiles.
  2. Button to ingore/block members in profiles.
  3. ¿Fan media kit?
  4. Subscribe/Unsubscribe

7/14/2016 8:12:57 AM #4

typo in FAQ:

Q. I read somewhere this was an RTS, RPG, kingdom managemen?t

7/14/2016 8:29:03 AM #5

I am on mobile, so perhaps some of this is available and I'm just not seeing it.

Ability to subscribe to threads Ability to see all the posts by an individual (off their profile) Ability to see all unread posts since your last visit

And many other modern forum table-stakes features.

Avid wiki editor, with a special interest in categories, navboxes, and infoboxes.

7/14/2016 8:29:45 AM #6

Ability to edit on mobile!! 😀

Avid wiki editor, with a special interest in categories, navboxes, and infoboxes.

7/14/2016 8:33:38 AM #7

Making links a different color than the text, would be much appreciated.

Members online

Moderator colored usernames

Dev colored usernames

Larger text for Dev posts

Supporting HTMl or BBcode

Dev posts link to a dev tracker and not just the announcement thread for the view all section

7/14/2016 8:37:19 AM #8

I see an option to like/dislike your own posts which I don't think should be there.

To like/dislike/reply/edit something you have to mouse over the signature rather than the post (including signature).

There are no page numbers at the bottom of a page, so we have to scroll to the top to go to the next page.

Staff names are not a different color (yellow or red) like on the old site.

I miss there being a part on each post under recent topics saying "XX mins ago" "XX hours ago" etc.

I don't think there is a way to view someones profile.

7/14/2016 9:23:13 AM #9

Media pages (screenshots and concept art) need a way to go from one image to the other without going back to the thumbnail list.

Caspian said they're working on it and will be implemented together with description for each picture.

7/14/2016 9:59:11 AM #10

I quite liked having the staff posts section under recent topics, where you could see any recent dev/mod posts.

Also I havent seen any likes/dislikes on any posts so far so that doesn't seem to show, I'm not sure if that is intentional or not.

@Meralith - 10:37 AM - Thu Jul 14 2016

7/14/2016 10:32:37 AM #11

Please make 'remember me' on the log in page actually do something. Even after putting a tick in the box, just closing the tab then coming back to the CoE site forces me to log back in again.

7/14/2016 10:33:56 AM #12

Put the thread page tabs back at the bottom in addition to the top, forcing users to scroll to top is just poor UX.

7/14/2016 10:35:42 AM #13

Suggestion #1: Single line breaks.

Suggestion #2: BBCode.

Suggestion #3: CKEditor.

Suggestion #4: Some CSS for links so they're colored ± underlined, dang it.

@Tiffany - 10:06 AM - Thu Jul 14 2016

I second that! Can't stand this Markdown #### any longer. :)

7/14/2016 10:48:09 AM #14

I'll wait until they get the features they said would be implemented such as the store and messaging done, before I add my 2 cents. I believe those should be done before anything else.

7/14/2016 11:02:11 AM #15
  1. Please, I would like to have the pages links at the bottom of a forum topic again. Also the list of pages at the top would look better at the very top instead that under the OP, otherwise, you have to chase it around which can be annoying for long OP tests.

2. Make the edit box for posts to cover the wider, right now there is a wasted space between the edit box and the border of the page.