COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN FICTION & ROLEPLAYING
Chronicle: The Fall of Zygethia

Preface

This is a summary of events that led to the unfortunate conclusion. I made this for those unaware of what had happened, Zygethians and Elyrians alike. It saddens me that our intense effort to make this work was futile in the end.

First break up (before my time)

The leaving of House Zabi, Hari, Mercer and Stormborn. From gathered information the lack of communication and way of dealing with things by specific individuals have led to this outcome. For more details, ask those involved please, my apologies.

Rash Decisions

A little before the comming segment there was the accusations towards Arkadia and its King ‘poaching members of Nirath and Zygethia in private chat. If this is true i cannot tell you. In it’s wake, Zultra rashly decided to declare war on Arkadia and got Nirath along with it. This created a huge amount of stress on all parties involved, mostly Arkadia as they felt they were wrongly accused. Many did not like this rash decision and would’ve rather seen a consensus between most zygethians before this was put into effect, even if it was Role Playing.

Second break up

A little while after the merger of House Golzkiin and Romaria with Romaria being the ‘upper house’ rumours were being spread. Arthos was being accused of trying to grow too strong and overthrow Zultra as a king. Alongside with the Golzkiins now being rated a secondary house the tension began rising. There were talks, there were minor compromises, but the tension remained. After some time, this tension became too large mostly by miscommunication and the bond that had grown was cut in half. Arthos stepped out of Zygethia to form his own Empire. Every Romarian or Golzkiin had the choice to either stay, or go with Arthos. Some stayed, some left. To generalize: Romarians (apart from Arthos) stayed, Golzkiins left.

Internal fallout

Although the name has escaped me, his quote was certainly applicable to Zygethia: “Without a common enemy, we’ll simply be fighting amongst ourselves”. With the recent joining of the Serrated clan into the Kassigarh house Zygethia grew a little stronger. However, this didn’t last as long as we had hoped. Soon it became clear that the Kilmaars did not like the way the House Kassigarh was run and they decided to split into the Kilmaar family.

The big bang

Pressure was rising from the beginning and some were more resistant than others. But these last 3 to 4 weeks the steady but slow increase of this pressure began to speed up. Homophobic comments, wrongly timed sexual remarks and unclear communication were amongst the many reasons for this massive increase of pressure. Whilst some of us had stepped towards Zultra with our issues privately, others took their issues public. Lack of information and more miscommunication regarding a ToS draft made this worse. The last few days a couple of individuals and myself tried to fix those issues that arose, but only more showed up and the cracks began to grow. The Kilmaars called it quits and those left tried to get a meeting with Zultra and all willing to join. First night, Zultra didn’t have internet. So we decided to make agenda points to make the meeting the next day go a little quicker. We had a list of agenda points that could have fixed the issues, possibly. The next day, around the same time, a lot of people came on, some even whilst being on vacation cleared some of their time to fix what was about to collapse……. But not Zultra. After waiting for about an hour we gave up. Which led to the final blow that made the card house collapse.

La Revolución

The final blow to those that were left behind in the rubble, baffled by what had just happened, was Zultra’s own actions. Instead of asking those that gave him their last bit of hope first, he went to the IRC to see if anyone was interested in a ‘Nation run by a president’ after getting a hint that ‘Presidents might be possible wink wink’ from Caspian on IRC. This was the final drop that made the bucket spill. Rumours now have it that Zultra is building a new Discord with the intention to build a Democracy with a single President running the nation, influenced by the commoner. ‘Down with the feudal system’

*For more information, please see to those below: *

• Aléxandros Thonos
  • Wrrynth
  • Darhk Kilmaar
  • Hilda Ehrenstein
  • Lirathu Kassigarh
  • White

And ofcourse those directly involved like the Houses themselves.

7/14/2016 12:58:35 PM #1

Very interesting read.

7/14/2016 1:03:04 PM #2

There was no conflict behind the Stormborn leaving Zygethia. It was a question of autonomy and that I thought Dragor had a more similar view on how in-game life would be with us than Zygethia. It was also the comfort of joining a pledged King rather than having to fight for a up-and-coming kingdom.

We left on good terms with Zygethia, that's at least how I've understood it.

House Storm

7/14/2016 9:48:53 PM #3

Presidency? I wouldn't vote Zultra for dog catcher. What I have read is that it is just another bid for his own power. It won't be a democracy, but the Zultran dictatorship. But, if you want to try, go for it and then volunteer to run against Zultra. Bet he kicks the competition out extremely quick.

Countess of Tarnham

County Tarnham, Rhynelands Duchy, Vornair. Luna Server (NA-E)

7/14/2016 9:52:18 PM #4

Presidency? I wouldn't vote Zultra for dog catcher. What I have read is that it is just another bid for his own power. It won't be a democracy, but the Zultran dictatorship. But, if you want to try, go for it and then volunteer to run against Zultra. Bet he kicks the competition out extremely quick.

@Moonlynx - 10:48 PM - Thu Jul 14 2016

I see the Revolution is quickly mustering rivals, which is good.

7/14/2016 9:57:00 PM #5

@Moonlynx - 10:48 PM - Thu Jul 14 2016

I see the Revolution is quickly mustering rivals, which is good.

@Zultra - 10:52 PM - Thu Jul 14 2016

Good? I don't think you'll be voted as president of this republic you're making if you're welcoming conflict.

But this OP is an interesting read. It'll be interesting what sort of history we create once the game is actually a thing. :)

7/14/2016 11:49:06 PM #6

Well shit, that happened fast. Rest in Pieces some of the most fun weeks of my RP life ;)

Hjalmar Jarnfell, son of Eerikki.

7/14/2016 11:54:44 PM #7

Well shit, that happened fast. Rest in Pieces some of the most fun weeks of my RP life ;)

@Milkcarton - 0:49 AM - Fri Jul 15 2016

Hjalmar was definitely one of the best parts of Zygethia from what exposure I had to it :)

7/15/2016 12:03:10 AM #8

@Milkcarton - 0:49 AM - Fri Jul 15 2016

Hjalmar was definitely one of the best parts of Zygethia from what exposure I had to it :)

@Barghest - 0:54 AM - Fri Jul 15 2016

Thank you my kind sir ;)

Hjalmar Jarnfell, son of Eerikki.

7/15/2016 12:09:19 AM #9

Wait, so the lack of communication from someone with so many plans was the cause of the fall?!? Say it ain't so!

Friend code: 172B2A

7/15/2016 3:27:32 AM #10

Greater things have come from the fall of this kingdom than were ever created by the kingdom itself.

Good riddance to a very poor leader and his lackeys.