COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE ORGANIZATIONS
[EU] Angelica's Academy

Out of Character:

I have always believed that education is the cornerstone to community, and that community is the cornerstone to growth. Because of this, it has always been an aspiration of mine to find a way to help encourage interaction between individuals and guilds, allowing us to further our knowledge and promote a cause, all on one platform. This academy provides a place for just that platform. Here, we can set politics and economy and pursue a better understanding of that which binds us in the first place, technology.

If that the field of technology holds some of the greatest promise for mankind today, so why not for Elyria? In our world, technology is always advancing in almost every direction. If we were to apply a similar approach in Elyria, (by coming together at this project) we can make sure that by working together, we will always be at the forefront of those advancements, constantly remaining a step ahead and keeping the wheel of technology turning.

Short story:

Going through his father’s desk, Usif found that for, the most part, things were actually less chaotic than he had prepared himself for. It would seem that during his descent into the clouded state that he eventually did not return from Usifan had been proactive, he must have realized his health was failing and almost all of the most important papers were already transferred into the capable hands of his privy council. All that was left were the notes that he wrote to himself before bed in the last few months of his illness, and while they were painful reminders of his poor failing mental health, they were otherwise easy to sort through and discard.

As he threw parchment after parchment into the hearthside his hands fell over a large scroll, clearly indented by furious scratching of a quill, but otherwise illegible from the twin stains covering the entirety of the front side, one the unmistakable opaque onyx of spilt ink, and the other what could have almost been blood but was too purple still for its age, clearly marking it as a deep, velvet red wine.

Even in the end, this kind of disorder was out of character for his father, but so was the length of the writing beneath it. Most of the notes in this desk were mundane quips about the day, “Saw Duke Magnus’s newest child. It seemed more intelligent than him already, but I guess it would only take 4 days to accrue the amount of knowledge that he has in a lifetime,” making this all together an interesting find.

As Usif contemplated what to do with this irregular find his sister swept into their father’s chamber. She had foretold that this would be a day of discovery and couldn’t resist responding to her brother’s inquisitive aura. “I feel you have come across something of great importance dear Brother. Please, share your discovery with your sister,” she breathed, coming to look over his shoulder.

“It’s nothing dear Sister I am sure, however this parchment is just so out of place among the others. My thoughts have lingered on it as you yourself linger over your crystals. I have completed my task. The desk is cleaned. And yet, here I stand, still grasping this soiled scrap of refuse.”

An ever inquisitive and open spirit, Tulipa had much more faith in her brother’s intuition than he had. She reminded him of this, and of his strength of intelligence and spirit, as she reached for the parchment.

The moment her delicate fingers graced the page the room around her became dark as if twilight. The candles flickered. Some flickered out. Looking up, she could see her father sitting at the desk in front of her, his glass of wine curiously full and his face sagging with untold misery. Her heart broke and she sent her spirit out to him. As her light enveloped his diminished spirit, she saw him blink, as if becoming awake for the first time, before hurriedly shuffling the papers on his desk into a pile, stuffing them into a drawer. He took out a fresh piece of parchment and began to scribble wildly. The plans for his legacy were etched into Tulipa’s mind as if her thoughts themselves were the parchment, and before her brother even realized that she had fallen away from him, she blinked and returned to the present, the sunlight still shining into the now closed window.

She clutched Usif’s arm with a gasp and closed her eyes, she could still see the plans for her father’s academy laid out in full detail, wine and ink hovering around the sentences in wet streams, just waiting to fall. “Brother,” she clung to him for support, and he gave her strength, unfazed by the clairvoyant episode. “Our father was a man of great intelligence and great compassion. He has left us with a plan to make sure that those attributes are associated with him and our family for the rest of time. I have seen the plan, and we will carry it through.”

Extended lore is a work inprogress

O.W.L.

Owl order of Wisdom & Knowledge

To Seek Knowledge in all forms, and instill knowledge in all Mann

Introduction:

Welcome to The O.W.L, the prestigious center for education, research and betterment. We are honoured to be able to offer you the best support in all aspects of technological development, from resources to community. Here, you will find a thriving environment of bright minds that have come together to share, support, and encourage each other while we advance the progress of the technology that brought us together to begin with. All are welcome to come and teach, learn, research and explore their passions in various fields at the O.W.L. By working together, we know that we will have the best chance to truly push the limits of our understanding. Join us, as we truly test the boundaries of knowledge and ability in technological innovation.

Why has the Academy been found?

The O.W.L was founded by Usif and Tulipa in order to stand forever as a memory of their father, Duke Usifan. This academy reflects his excellence as a collaborative, compassionate, innovative and respected leader. In the same way that Duke Usifan served his Duchy and encouraged his people to work together to serve their kingdom, the O.W.L will bring education to the people of Delmunya and its neighboring cities to offer them the best support as they research, discover and generally advance the knowledge of technology to better serve their kingdom.

It will also play a vital role in preserving the current culture and knowledge of the land. Our extensive library holds and protects essential records and the most up to date maps of Elyria in the library.

Why the name Angelica?

The Academy was named after a wise creature and a symbol of Al’Khezam. the O.W.L is a reprieve from the selfish, cold and socially cut off society that has started taking over our world. It is a place to join all of our lights as individuals and guilds in order to become one shining beacon of knowledge and community.

To whom has it been found?

While the O.W.L is incredibly prestigious, we are proud to offer a limit free environment to all members. Everyone is welcomed to join the academy whether they be a student or a teacher or a scholar or a researcher. The question is not of who you are or what you bring to the table, but instead, it is of how passionate you are to learn, disseminate knowledge and innovate the technologies of Elyria.

Available departments: At the O.W.L we understand the importance of developing knowledge in multiple fields in order to come together as a whole eventually inspire the advancement of our kingdom. With this in mind we offer rooms to serving as schools for every field required. There will be no discipline that is seen as less or more, rather a multitude of discipline working together to become the best.

Anyone can register, whether it be a guild or an individual to take charge of a certain school. Each school is tailored to a specific audience, and in order to have an audience one must have a teacher. At the Angelica Academy we understand that there is no real difference between a teacher and a student, except that one is willing to learn and one is willing to share. We understand here that those two things are not mutually exclusive, and we invite you and/or your guild to come and learn and teach with us.

Available Ranks:

🌷 The Academy Chancellor

reports to the Duke directly and holds a permanent seat in the Duke’s privy council

🌷 chronicler scribbler

will also be the library keeper

🌷 School teachers/masters will be selected depending on the registered schools

These will include individuals and/or guilds

Why join us?

At the O.W.L we offer you the unique opportunity to come together with a group of like-minded individuals and guilds, such that you may fuel your passion to research what interests you. After joining our Academy you will have limitless access to the research facility of the academy for your own enthusiasm, giving you the freedom to let your ideas and hypotheses grow into founded and proven theories.

We are firm advocates in community and will do everything that we can to create an environment that will allow the formation of a positive and reciprocal relationship between our alumni. As such we encourage you to take advantage of the unique opportunity at this institution to petition the duke to support you in starting up your own shop near the academy. What we ask in return is that you feed into our community as we feed into you. Simply, that you continue teaching at the academy for the betterment of the whole community.

Information worth noting:

What Can I Expect from Life in the City of Dilmunia?

Studying at The Angelica Academy you will be given the exciting opportunity to experience the best that this Duchy has to offer by living in its thriving capital. Opportunities open up as you network in our extensive research facilities, expertly lead classes and our unparalleled library. This is a colourful and open community for you to experiment and progress in.

What Support Can I Expect For My Wellbeing as a Member?

As a member of our institution you can look forward to an accepting and nurturing environment. You will meet a multitude of diverse players that will help you to advance your gaming experience, making things more interesting and fun! More than that you can feel at home while you take advantage of our campus facilities where you can roam and explore without fear. You are safe with us!

What Support Can You Offer After Graduation?

At the Angelica Academy of Technology and Innovation we believe in forming a community. Once you are a member, you have our support for life. Our prestigious alumni may take advantage of this support through financing, business advice and advancement, and networking opportunities to help you form connections with members who can help you reach your goals. Welcome to the family of the Angelica Academy, where you can count on our attention and patronage.

What is the Culture and Environment of the Academy?

As an active part of an even more active city, you can expect to find a thriving and colourful culture at the Academy. With fairs and festivals, travelling exhibitions and networking events, and some of the oldest and most popular businesses in the kingdom, there is always something happening at Angelica’s.

Some highlights include:

🌷 The annual black tulip fair at the southern outskirts of the city, where tradition and history come alive. Commissioned by the Duke and acknowledged by the ever more prestigious Brand “Terra Magna”.

Click here to learn more about the Brand “Terra Magna”

🌷 The annual festivities of Angelicas light-where joy runs as colourfully as the lanterns in the street.

🌷 The Olde Widow tavern the now familiar setting of so many novels, and home to travelling troubadours and solace seekers.

Click here to visit us at the Olde Widow tavern. [Discord Channel]

🌷 The market place- a hub of activity, where you will experience the food and fares of cultures from all around the kingdom!

Click here to learn more about the Duchy.

Click here to read the Duke’s story.

Duke Usifan Banner

7/21/2016 4:01:47 PM #1

Good luck with your project. :)

7/21/2016 4:26:14 PM #2

I rly love to read your stories, can't wait to play the game and research in your academy ^^

7/21/2016 5:56:06 PM #3

A grand idea, and you have my support!

7/21/2016 6:57:04 PM #4

Looks like this will be cool

Coming Soon(tm)

7/22/2016 7:08:15 AM #5

It always is a privilege to be part of such an amazing supporting community. I'm truly humbled by the received attention 😊

@Hades I'm glad you've enjoyed my stories, thank you. And stay tuned for the extended story I will be posting soon 🙃

@white, @Chipla and @Barghest thank you for your wishes and support.

Duke Usifan Banner

7/27/2016 6:17:47 AM #6

Well thought out.

Duke Usifan Banner

8/22/2016 10:53:10 PM #7

We're still committed. Once you are a member, you have our support for life. Our prestigious alumni may take advantage of this support through financing, business advice and advancement, and networking opportunities to help you form connections with members who can help you reach your goals.

Duke Usifan Banner

8/28/2016 2:54:01 AM #8

Anyone can register, whether it be a guild or an individual to take charge of a certain school. Each school is tailored to a specific audience, and in order to have an audience one must have a teacher.

At the Angelica Academy we understand that there is no real difference between a teacher and a student, except that one is willing to learn and one is willing to share.

We understand here that those two things are not mutually exclusive, and we invite you and/or your guild to come and learn and teach with us.

Duke Usifan Banner

8/28/2016 4:57:56 AM #9

I would love to make my own guild but how do i make my own guild thread? is that even possible just by being a member of this game? If there's any suggestions please let me know. Thank you

eddie myth

10/14/2016 12:43:47 PM #10

This s more than an Academy! It’s an opportunity to take part of a bigger project in Elyria.

We’ve got your needs covered. Learn how to take advantage of opportunities, join the academy and reside in the most vibrant, colourful and peaceful city in Nirath “Dilmunia” Rich with tradition, culture and always advancing with technology a reflection of Duke Usifan personality and vision.

Duke Usifan Banner

12/4/2016 9:38:21 AM #11

Looking forward to seeing this successful Nirathii project.

Coming Soon(tm)

5/19/2017 3:25:51 PM #12

Does the Academy still exist as King Usifan is not a vassal of Nirath anymore?

5/19/2017 9:04:31 PM #13

The Academy still exist in Al-Khezam, although some changes will happen. If you have questions while waiting for an official announcement, you can join us on the Al-Khezam Discord Server.

9/1/2018 10:58:05 AM #14

Good luck. Maybe we'll can work together. Alchemy and technology maybe can help each other :D

Kernothia

9/1/2018 7:57:31 PM #15

Well written Your Highness.