COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Chronicles of Elyria Themed Mafia

Once,

Elyria was a magnificent place. People were free to do as they willed, with no apparent need to care of maintaining order, or safety. There was no crime to commit; the people had everything they needed. We had means of providing for our families, in every facet of the desire. We had community worth defending, even if the only attacks were harmless jabs in good nature. We had friends we could believe in, friends that would become our trustworthy leaders, with proven records of good will and decency.

They’re all dead now…and we let it happen.
We made it happen.

We were careless. Care-free, even. We assumed that the good nature of humanity would prevail in all. Why would anybody want to take from what could already give them everything? That’s a question I’m still trying to answer.

It’s been years since it began, I can’t remember how many. At first, we thought the Summit was an alliance that could save us all, something that could keep us together and focused on saving our Kingdom. But, even from within the highest ranks, the Traitors made true their will. They started small in number, but we underestimated their deceit. Or our prowess.

There’s no telling anymore. Death after death, we couldn’t solve it, and I only now know they were my friends because I voted for their execution. I helped see them all through. I really thought I was doing Good for the Kingdom. Am I true, or Traitor?

I must be true. This is my last chance to prove it to myself. Despite my mistakes, I have been granted one last opportunity to end this once and for all. There are only three of us left, and one is not who they claim. If I choose correctly, my magnificent Kingdom will see the Spring one more time, and we can start to rebuild.

If I choose correctly…

What is Chronicles of Elyria Themed Mafia?

The basic idea of Mafia is that out of all the people playing, there's a small group of betrayers trying to bring everyone else down. The betrayers are the Mafia, sometimes called "scum" or other unpleasant names. Everyone else is in the Town, otherwise called 'villagers' or 'innocents' or so forth.
- Quick Guide to Mafia, MafiaScum Wiki

Mafia is a community-oriented, text-based Murder Mystery game that we have flavored for our favorite upcoming game, Chronicles of Elyria. With a voting and execution system as well as the possibility of recieving private roles with unique abilities, Mafia is a role-play friendly (but not required), well-balanced game of logic and intrigue.
Do you have what it takes to survive the Summit?
Are you /in?

7/26/2016 6:22:59 PM #1

Super excited for this game to start! Mafia is so much fun!

Count of Boros

Luna (NA-E)  Ⓛ  Vornair Ⓥ  Dawn's Reach (The Stormlands)

7/26/2016 10:14:16 PM #2

I couldn't agree more. Who around here do you think would make the best scum?

7/26/2016 11:31:21 PM #3

I have joined.

7/27/2016 9:02:00 AM #4

@HeyLookAtMyBeard - 3:14 PM - Tue Jul 26 2016

Idk but Zultra's right Vampire looks fun as hell to play.

Count of Boros

7/27/2016 5:33:48 PM #5

If you end up as a Vampire, remember that you are likely without partners. As a third party, the game is much, much more difficult.

But, I think that makes it much, MUCH more rewarding to win, as you do not share Victory anybody else.

It's one of my favorite roles in Mafia.

7/28/2016 6:02:23 AM #6

The more I think about some of these roles' functions within Mafia, the more powerful they get. Even a scribe could cause some serious havoc, not to mention a Lich.

Count of Boros

7/28/2016 4:53:19 PM #7

The Count role is also very powerful in this game. Counts have the added bonus of being confirmed Kingdom members, so if you're able to prove to the other players that you're a Count, you've got an entire group of players that can be confirmed Kingdom.

Of course, once the Vassals are exposed, they're easy for the Traitors to pick off.

7/29/2016 3:57:44 PM #8

All Counts do is let people talk to each other.
Though I do suppose it confirms them as Kingdom aligned.

Still doesn't sound as awesome as Beastmaster.

Count of Boros

8/16/2016 2:12:20 AM #9

Game 1 Image Log

Lost forever.

Count of Boros

8/16/2016 3:33:04 PM #10

Hey, just wanted to let everybody know that we only need one more player to start our second game!

Come and join in before somebody else does!

8/24/2016 3:17:58 AM #11

The second game turned out to be a real bloodbath.

I can't believe we have a traitor who's gone 2 for 2 so far.

It's even a riot to read.

Count of Boros

8/25/2016 1:04:26 AM #12

Just 4 more players until game 3.
Introducing 3rd party alignment roles and increasingly deep metagame balance.

Count of Boros

9/17/2016 6:41:32 PM #13

Game 2 Image Log

Lost forever.

Count of Boros

11/10/2016 7:49:15 PM #14

Game 3 Image Log

Lost forever.

Count of Boros

11/10/2016 9:17:25 PM #15

Count of Boros