19 September

The Festival of Passage

By Serpentius

Greetings Elyrians!

We're fairly certain your event attendance desires and button smashing proclivities have been satisfied for the time being thanks to our previous event.

With that in mind, this month we're celebrating new lore and information that hasn't been released before!

History

Once per lifetime, every 52 years (in Earth's fall), the Faedin celebrate the Festival of Passage. This is a year-long festival, in which the Faedin observe and recognize their relationship to the animal spirits of the world, the process of reincarnation, and the transition from what was before, to what will come.

Read the revealing lore associated with this promotion and learn how Nanna became the first in this new story: The Leader of the Pack

Observances

The Kypiq celebrate this time by hosting The Masque of Passage - A masquerade lasting a full month similar to Mardi Gras where people dress up in costumes to honor the different animals of Elyria.

The Pursuit of Passage is a hunt lasting a full month, where Brudvir dress up as wolves and attempt to join the wolf packs, and then proceed to hunt with them. They hunt and kill in order to usher in the end of an animal's life to prepare for Queen's Gaze and the chance for reincarnation.

The Janoa honor this time with the Contest of Passage - a month-long tournament where people fight within a circle against other people, or against a selection of animals, to demonstrate their prowess.

Others who share a close relationship with a Faedin tribe may join in the celebrations and use them for their own means.

Notably, the Neran may use this as a time to join in with the merry-making of the Kypiq, and the Hrothi may use this as a time to foster and encourage relations with the Brudvir, offering to sell them thematic weapons, etc. The To'resk may use the contests of the Janoan as a series of events in which to gamble upon.

As this time in Elyria is celebrated, you can be certain there will be stories passed down through the ages about grandiose Masque of Passage costumes, and unfathomable skills demonstrated by young Janoans during their contest.

However you celebrate, think of your animal spirit as you do and your life will be richer for it!

Promo items

Keeping with our tradition, this month during the Festival of Passage, new limited-availability items are now in our online store!

These promo items will be available starting on September 19th, 2018 and lasting through Friday, September 28th, at 12pm PDT.

After that, all promo items will return to the vault.

Here are the new store items you can currently purchase:

Sounds of Passage

Description: Honor the transition of the soul and the Festival of Passage with traditional Faedin instruments.

They say that the howl of Ylva''s pack, the first wolves to connect with the Brudvir, can be heard through their flutes, while the berimbau of the Janoan Contest marks the entrance of a new warrior into the fray. Whether you are joining the Pursuit or taking up the Contest, steady your mind and attune yourself to the spirits around you with the Sounds of Passage.

Contains:

• A flute-like instrument used by the Brudvir that makes a sound like a wolf howl
  • A string-percussion instrument used primarily by the Janoa that resembles a berimbau

Wolf's Clothing

Description: Adopt the form and techniques of the wolf and join the pack!

Celebrate the Brudvir connection to the spirit of the wolf and the Pursuit of Passage as you follow in the footsteps of the first Brudvir, donning the wolf costume and stalking your prey.

Contains:

• A hide & fur-made wolf disguise w/ pattern
  • Camouflage codex teaches basic camouflage technique

Masks of Passage

Description: Celebrate the many forms of the spirit with this collection of Kypiq masques!

Each mask represents the Faedin's belief that the animal spirits of the world are deeply connected to the Tribes of Elyria. Don your masque and enjoy the many shapes and forms a soul can take in the Cycle.

Contains:

• Set of 5 animal masks for the masquerade (wolf, squirrel, horse, alligator, badger)
  • Paper maché recipe using Ironwood leaves
  • Book of patterns for making the 5 masks

Animal Journey

Description: Embark on a mind-expanding spirit journey through the Astral Plane as an animal spirit!

It is said that the form a spirit takes in the Astral Plane is a reflection of its place in the Cycle of Souls, and that each of us, even as we live but a single lifetime, still have within us the past shapes of our soul. With meditation and reflection, these forms can be explored...

Contains:

• Psilocybin mushroom spores
  • Mushroom wine recipe
  • Mushroom wine which allows temporary "travel" on the astral plane as one of a number of spirit animals

Wolf Sled

Description: Travel in style – Brudvir style – with this sled and your own private wolf pack!

Though meant primarily for the snow, these sleds can be drawn across almost any terrain with the right team and there is no team as determined, loyal, and lethal as your very own pair of domesticated pet wolves!

Contains:

• Single-occupant sled to be pulled by wolves or other medium quadruped animals (requires 2-6 animals)
  • Domesticated wolf pet (x2)

Based on numerous requests, this item has been added to this promotion: (9/20/2018)

Domesticated Wolf

Description: Start a pack of your own with this domesticated wolf!

A wolf's pack is its family, when one adopts a wolf, they are adopting a fiercely loyal companion. Family in spirit, if not in fact.

Contains:

• Domesticated wolf pet

In closing

That's all for now folks, we hope you enjoy this promotion and the lore story that accompanies it!

Make sure you head on over to our online store and grab the items you are most interested in as they return to the vault on Friday, September 28th at 12pm PDT!

If you have any questions about this promotion, please reply to this thread or email us at support@soulboundstudios.com.

More to come!

Jenaut - 2 months ago

The clothing/dressing as a wolf sounds pretty interesting! A shame I can't play the game yet...Hopefully I will be able to find or make such a unique appearance. Might wanna try a bear or an Elk. Makes me wonder how would that look now lol.

GregFrost - 2 months ago

Can I change coat color and eyes color at exposition? For the coat an wolves

Sagan - 2 months ago

Yes, you will be able to use spores to grow more mushrooms.

No, sleds will not work well in the Jungle. Wolves won't do so bad, as long as they stay far away from anything poisonous and bigger than them (Fanged Crescent Jaguar).

Varhukan - 2 months ago

I can now say it, cause I found a friend I can't live without, take my money SBS and gimme that 🐺

Abbajan - 2 months ago

Can I grow more Psilocybin mushrooms out of the spores in the Hrothi underground boime?

Blade_of_Bone - 2 months ago

Will we be able to grow more magic mushrooms with the spores provided?

Goro - 2 months ago

cool!!

Ballin Stormhammer - 2 months ago

The singable wolf should be added to pet/mount section of store...better yet a dire wolf

Ballin Stormhammer - 2 months ago

I just want to know if the sleds two dogs can be breedable... so you can actually get pups and have a full pack of 6..eventually?

Lestat - 2 months ago
@Ballin Stormhammer:

Posted By Ballin Stormhammer at 9:50 PM - Fri Sep 21 2018

No answer to this? Wondering the same about the single wolf, can you choose the gender or will it come at random?

VioletWinterlynn - 2 months ago
@Lestat:

Posted By Lestat at 07:38 AM - Sat Sep 22 2018

Posted By Ballin Stormhammer at 9:50 PM - Fri Sep 21 2018

Yes you can breed them. The post does not state random gender, so you will be able to pick the gender with your token.

Dreamar - 2 months ago

Love the addition of separate wolves. <3

Pack slowly increasing...

Esoba - 2 months ago

Oh hell yeah wolf.

Serpentius - 2 months ago

Due to numerous requests from the community, a 6th item was added to this promo:

Domesticated Wolf

Description: Start a pack of your own with this domesticated wolf!

Contains:

• Domesticated wolf pet

Enjoy!

SerMedieval - 2 months ago

Haha yup, I'm going to have to try and buy that Brudvir Wolf Outfit. That looks too awesome. Really loving the lore, I need to pick a day to sit and read it all!!

Marovec - 2 months ago

Do the instruments come with the recipes/blueprints to make them?

Snipehunter - 2 months ago
@Marovec:

Posted By Jokaes at 05:04 AM - Thu Sep 20 2018

Why a mask is 12.50$ but a pet 6$?

Actually, it's 5 masks as well as the recipes to make them in the crafting system for $12.50, or about $1.25 per item in the set.

Hope that helps! :)

Jokaes - 2 months ago

Why a mask is 12.50$ but a pet 6$?

Ibenholt - 2 months ago

Somehow this Elyrian event (time of "year") is something interesting and those masks are pretty nice. I am missing an Otterbear mask though.

This Kipyq approves of this update, just as the Q&A last night.

Varhukan - 2 months ago

Cool outfits and masks and wolves! Yes wolves! Mushroom tripping in Elyria as a animal sounds incredible.

Nyx_Bean - 2 months ago

I only have cash spare for one promo item and, while I adore that wolf sledge, I'm going to stick with the masks and mask patterns.

SilkyBazaar - 2 months ago

Worst timing yet on a promotion package.

I don't know about other "Gentry" level players but I have committed to a Mayor and have no interest in the dance of dynasties. With the upcoming map selection followed by land selection, my biome will be out of my influence as such why would I want to spend on biome specific items at this point in the timeline unless items like the sled are changeable to a biome equivalent item.

Hellmoon - 2 months ago
@SilkyBazaar:

Posted By SilkyBazaar at 01:08 AM - Thu Sep 20 2018

Worst timing yet on a promotion package.

Not sure what influence has to do with buying store items VS map voting, you use store credit or your own funds to buy the items and map voting is dependent on player total-influence, two separate numbers.

Regarding the sled, it's not specific to any biome and says "... These sleds can be drawn across almost all terrain in Elyria" [with or without snow]

Mandos - 2 months ago
@Hellmoon:

Posted By Hellmoon at 7:01 PM - Thu Sep 20 2018

Not sure what influence has to do with buying store items VS map voting,

I don't think he's talking about player influence, he just means he has no influence on where he will begin as a player as it out of his hands being pledged to a higher noble/kingdom already.

Same reason that although I love wolves I can't buy this wolf promo because if my kingdom ends up in an arid location it will be wasted. :)

SilkyBazaar - 2 months ago
@Mandos:

Posted By Mandos at 04:02 AM - Fri Sep 21 2018

Posted By Hellmoon at 7:01 PM - Thu Sep 20 2018

Not sure what influence has to do with buying store items VS map voting,

Exactly the issue, why have biome items before we know what biome we will be in.

Fenrer - 2 months ago

Wolf sled Woop woop! Them wolf furs look mighty warm and comfortable, would not mind visiting the brudvirif I could get transported around in a comfy fured sled.

Melia - 2 months ago

Wolf things. squeals

Poldano - 2 months ago

Magic Mushrooms!

Serpentius - 2 months ago

@Leilah, I recommend checking your Private Messages.

Thank you!

PrinceChawmin - 2 months ago

No love for the waerd i see, guess ill go cry in my communal house.

zimmah - 2 months ago
@PrinceChawmin:

Posted By PrinceChawmin at 9:19 PM - Wed Sep 19 2018

No love for the waerd i see, guess ill go cry in my communal house.

The first thing I was thinking is “hey, sand sled, why not?”
May need to replace the wolves with something else or create a breeding program to make them more resistant to hot and dry en arid environments, maybe cross breeding with local dog species if they exist.

Snipehunter - 2 months ago
@zimmah:

Posted By zimmah at 12:06 PM - Thu Sep 20 2018

Posted By PrinceChawmin at 9:19 PM - Wed Sep 19 2018

No love for the waerd i see, guess ill go cry in my communal house.

The first thing I was thinking is “hey, sand sled, why not?”

That's not a bad idea. Though more generally, if Waerd and Al'tifali (Two-Fold Queen) stuff is your jam, next month's event is probably something worth checking into. You can read a little about it in the Calendar of Events.

Hope that helps! :)

Takeda_Shinukage - 2 months ago
@Snipehunter:

Posted By Snipehunter at 3:18 PM - Thu Sep 20 2018

Posted By zimmah at 12:06 PM - Thu Sep 20 2018

Posted By PrinceChawmin at 9:19 PM - Wed Sep 19 2018

No love for the waerd i see, guess ill go cry in my communal house.

The first thing I was thinking is “hey, sand sled, why not?”

Hope that helps! :)

Will the wolves be good to go in janoan lands or is there a different event that would be better for janoan/tropical animals.

Poldano - 2 months ago
@PrinceChawmin:

Waerd are tifa. Their time is yet to come.

Dreamar - 2 months ago

I couldn't pass up the chance at getting some of these items. Wolf related items are the best.

Teagus - 2 months ago

will we be able to breed the pair of wolves or will they be genderless, both male or both female, random gender? i'd defiantly buy at least one pair if we can breed them.

Becky Bowya - 2 months ago

I'm wondering if you will actually learn things while stoned out of your mind on magic shrooms. Like get skills from a past life, or insights leading to obtaining the first point of skill so you can continue to learn by observing, in or out of the astral plane. If it's more than just a way to run around in a different form, then I think my wallet is going to have to spill its guts for this promotion.

Seriously, what hunter would not like a pair of wolf pets? I'm also curious how feasible the sled will be in rougher terrain, or if it can be modified with two axles and wheels for a mini-cart type thing.

Morne - 2 months ago

How powerful are Wolves compared to the Canis Rabbit's? From artwork I've seen, they look fairly intense and Wolves aren't even part of the bestiary on the wiki.

curzman - 2 months ago

Are the wolves pets only suitable for cold brudvr biomes?

Snipehunter - 2 months ago
@curzman:

Posted By curzman at 4:28 PM - Wed Sep 19 2018

Are the wolves pets only suitable for cold brudvr biomes?

Actually, no. :) They're pretty good in most temperate and cool biomes.

Hope that helps! :)

curzman - 2 months ago

Best promo so far

Bradtastic - 2 months ago

Would we be able farm more of those "mushrooms"?

Papa - 2 months ago

I'm loving the chance for the wolf related items. I believe this season speaks mostly to the Brudvir.

Esoba - 2 months ago

I absolutely love this promo. That's probably an understatement. I mean wolves....wolves!!!

Abigor - 2 months ago

If kypiq believe that the spirit resides in trees as well why there's no pinecone masks? 🤔

Miyah - 2 months ago

I need to go shopping! :)

Thanks for more items SBS!

Amarria Starborne

Sylvae - 2 months ago

I'm soooo about this. The wolf outfit and the spirit journey set. YES! Both sets are exactly what I've been hoping for and imagining trying to put together in game. Thrilled, in a word. :D

Verith - 2 months ago

Great! 10/10 needs more wolf things

Gozirra - 2 months ago

Something just dawned on me after I purchased Wolf's Clothing, I been purchasing things all the time without really thinking but how are we going to carry all of this stuff? I will be able to store it in my home but for those who are not that fortunate to own a town/home etc how will they carry all the stuff they purchase?

Papa - 2 months ago
@Gozirra:

I'm thinking we'll have the opportunity to determine when and where to activate it. At least for those with Alpha/Beta access. Or it could be people using wagons, or storing their items in something similar to a bank but for items instead of money.

Gunnlang - 2 months ago
@Gozirra:

Posted By Gozirra at 08:08 AM - Thu Sep 20 2018

At least with these promotion items you have sometime after launch to claim them, compared to EP items which you need to claim before expo ends.

But either way, I expect many people will just fill their house with heaps of crap or really never claim half the things.

Miyah - 2 months ago
@Gozirra:

That is actually a REALLY good question. Maybe most things, other than the animals will fit onto an Ursaphant? However, not sure what your personal inventory holds at the moment. You may need two or three ursaphants? :)

Gozirra - 2 months ago
@Miyah:

At this rate I'll be traveling with a herd of ursaphants to hold all my stuff if I wanted to move HAHA

ShadowTani - 2 months ago
@Gozirra:

@Gozirra You have to claim the items. I dunno if there is a limit to how long you can go without claiming your store items, but you essentially won't start out with everything you bought in your backpack. So no fancy "death by inventory overload" when you start the game.

Rellik - 2 months ago

Can we get a woop woop for brudvir merch

JohnnyViscerate - 2 months ago