COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Environment Artist Intro

Hello all.

My name is Zachary (Zach) Schwartz, and I go by the monikers Raelsatu/Raevantiel. Some people call me Vantiel, Raelsatu, Rae, or Zach. You can call me whichever. :}

I'm a 3d artist currently living on the East Coast, and my skillset is primarily hard-surface modeling, materials, lighting and rendering. The body of my work can be viewed on my official website http://zach-schwartz.com. When I came across CoE I could immediately recognize there was a lot of drive here for creating quite the mmo experience --- between Caspian, the involved community, & the devs this became even more clear to me. The passion is there. & The technology has come to a point where such creative collaborations are building up to be the renaissance of gaming. Being able to partake and do artwork for Chronicles of Elyria is quite an opportunity... a chance to work with other talents, to help in immersing the players in this world.

As for my hobbies... well, probably as to be expected. =] I've had an interest in video games (and CGI in general) since I was a kid. Rollercoaster Tycoon, Age of Empires, Legend of Legaia, Zelda:OOT, GW1, ES:Oblivion & WoW are just a handful of some of my fondest older gaming memories. For movies and books I was especially into fictional plots that mirrored potentials in reality (the list is probably a bit long ;p). I've always had a deep interest in experiencing alternate worlds, and the development of games is making this even more [un]real. Really the creations that spring from imagination have no end.

I can't wait to see the development of this game unfold, and exactly how everyone interacts with it over time!

-Zach

1/27/2016 2:48:12 AM #1

Love your work, Zach! It's very exciting to see what becomes of all this and it's fantastic to have you with us. Cheers!

1/27/2016 2:54:42 AM #2

Really liked your art at your website, really can't wait to see what you come up to in the future! O/

1/27/2016 2:58:27 AM #3

Welcome, buddy! Love your stuff and can't wait to see wha you do for CoE!

World Class Indoorsman

1/27/2016 3:06:01 AM #4

Welcome offically to our community Mr.Schwarz. May your time here be filled with good fruits of labor and much enjoyment. A few of us here in the community heard about your coming before this post and sought out your work, your work seems splendid to quite the quality degree. Hopefully we can all one day see more of it soon enough with CoE. We'll be hoepfully seeing you around the IRC or Discord, it would be lovely to learn some things from you and chat. God bless ya.

P.S. Horde or Alliance? :3

-MX.

Alt text - can be left blank

1/27/2016 3:21:27 AM #5

A 3D Artist! squeels Notice m...

I'm a 3D CGI student aspiring to become a Character Artist/Modeller, so this excites me! I'm currently only studying 3DS Max, but I think I'll begin self-teaching myself Zbrush very soon so I can try to impress some companies to score some internships this summer.

I, and I'm sure many others, would love to see all the work you do for CoE! The portfolios on the website are awesome btw! I love that Eternal Laboratory!

1/27/2016 3:45:40 AM #6

Hey, welcome! It's really exciting to see the team growing every week!

1/27/2016 3:52:57 AM #7

I really appreciate the warm welcome. Even when I first hopped on IRC the responses I saw gave me the impression of how great the community is. It's nice to see (and extra motivation as well).

Lech it was Horde ;]

@ Psyso; it's a great time to go with 3d (the software and plugins are only getting better), and pretty exciting to learn/grow in too. Plus there's the new frontier of VR, which is going to begin rattling things up a lot. Keep studying (& self-teaching), and I'm sure good things will follow. =]

1/27/2016 3:57:46 AM #8

Thank you, kind sir! True words of wisdom, well received.

1/27/2016 7:47:22 AM #9

About time you stepped in here, Raevantiel!

Welcome aboard, and I wish you luck!

1/27/2016 9:36:35 AM #10

Pretty nice to see someone talking about Legend of Legaia, great forgotten game.

Anyway, Welcome.

1/27/2016 9:52:59 AM #11

Welcome, Rae! Again!

I think most of the community has seen your work and is very excited to see you bringing Elyria to shape! (no pressure there ;)

1/27/2016 9:57:06 AM #12

Welcome Raevantiel!

The works from you that Caspian showed us were touching

1/27/2016 10:11:05 AM #13

Welcome to the CoE community Raevantiel. It's safe to say we are all looking forward to seeing how you bring Elyria to life for us.

Have you read any of the works by Harry Turtledove? You may enjoy the series World War. It's Alternate history with a Sci-Fi twist.

1/27/2016 10:41:41 AM #14

Welcome Raevantiel ! Glad to have you here !

If you're looking for a powerful guild with a rich history, The Order of the Black Fang are looking for fresh recruits. Check us out and sign up today!

Friend code : 3080C7

1/27/2016 10:52:49 AM #15

I humbly welcome you to the community, as well as many others surely.. I must add, I am looking forward to see how your work is implement unto chronicles of elyria. Cheers to you, and a good time to you.