COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Creating Cataclysmic Events

So, I've been giving thought to talents for awhile. I recently came up with the idea of being able to cause destruction by creating events such as earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, hurricanes, that can damage and even destroy structures depending on how they're built. Now, a talent like this would very well seem unfair, but considering how rare I'd personally make it to be, it would be an interesting thing to see. It would create a good antagonist for people to try to take down (If the person decided to go public about his talent). What are your thoughts on something like this happening?

8/10/2016 2:20:29 AM #1

This is basically the point of the rarer talents. The powerful ones will be used to create epic events like you say. A sorcerer doesnt seem like much, but his scope will likely end at the ability to do such things, if he becomes powerful enough. So it either goes to whether he wants to be subtle, or destroy/conquer the world.

~Blink your eyes just once and see everything in ruins~

12/7/2016 9:15:54 AM #2

ha if said person is smart, he won't show people his skills. he'll develop them in secret and come out with a bang

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nurarihyon#/media/File:Suuhi_Nurarihyon.jpg Master Merchant