COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
Imortaility!

Is it possible?

Obviously it breaks the games money for life model, which is a good model, but as a "End Game" couple of lives thing.

Discuss.

-CCAD93, If you like my articles

-Owner, Editor, Writer, Printer: The Elyrian Scrolls

-If you get them by the "round objects", their hearts and minds will follow-

8/24/2016 5:58:57 PM #1

There's no true immortality, however you can become a vampire but a single death as that is a permideath, you can also become a lich which keeps their soul in an item and if that falls into someone else's hands they control you by blackmail as I think if the container is destroyed then it's pernideath for you. Think the closest thing is an item that's been hinted at that grants you immortality however it can still be stolen if you're beaten, not sure what happens then.

Hope this helps

friend code: DD7F8B

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/Guild-Recruitmet/6254-NA-The-Order-of-The-IX

8/24/2016 6:25:34 PM #2

As Sirrace said (and he did really well), it's rumored you can become 'inmortal' by become a lich or a vampire a both won't be easy. I am not sure if both are related with talents but if so, the % of people who can have a talent like these will be small.

8/27/2016 5:41:17 PM #3

Liches and vampires are not related to talents but instead require certain conditions to be met. It had been mentioned that one condition to become a lich is to be excessively evil.

Encon Bryne, Archon of Nacht Rune

8/27/2016 6:59:39 PM #4

As the others already pointed out:

Players that become a Vampire or even a Lich, which are both powerfull beings, will die a direct Permadeath when they are killed, while normal players just loose some of their lifetime. Source

I think that makes for a good balance and a fun adventure for a group / raid of monster and vampire hunters.

8/27/2016 7:02:57 PM #5

It could be interesting if a wizard find a way to immortality/longer life and can only die by being killed

8/27/2016 7:21:35 PM #6

Posted By Bagger at 7:02 PM - Sat Aug 27 2016

It could be interesting if a wizard find a way to immortality/longer life and can only die by being killed

it would just be a challenge to find both in the same lifetime!!

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/Guild-Recruitmet/6254-NA-The-Order-of-The-IX

8/27/2016 7:53:33 PM #7

Posted By Sirrace at 7:21 PM - Sat Aug 27 2016

Yea! Ofc it should be like a hell to get that knowledge and alone get/use the power but just the possibility would be epic

8/27/2016 8:11:50 PM #8

Posted By Bagger at 7:53 PM - Sat Aug 27 2016

Yea! Ofc it should be like a hell to get that knowledge and alone get/use the power but just the possibility would be epic

Something to aspire to, if you managed it you could become the ultimate boss of the game!

8/27/2016 8:58:10 PM #9

Posted By Sirrace at 8:11 PM - Sat Aug 27 2016

Something to aspire to, if you managed it you could become the ultimate boss of the game!

Exactly! Personal I wouldn't mind that at all! MMOs can be so sterile when everything has to be so balanced, I like where this mmo is going! And if immortality could be a thing! That would just be huge!

8/27/2016 9:23:34 PM #10

Posted By Bagger at 8:58 PM - Sat Aug 27 2016

Posted By Sirrace at 8:11 PM - Sat Aug 27 2016

Exactly! Personal I wouldn't mind that at all! MMOs can be so sterile when everything has to be so balanced, I like where this mmo is going! And if immortality could be a thing! That would just be huge!

And that is one of the things that i love about this game (assuming of course that it'll work as planned)

8/27/2016 10:24:39 PM #11

There is a ring, one ring per server, that makes the wearer immortal.

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

8/27/2016 10:27:40 PM #12

Posted By Corin at 10:24 PM - Sat Aug 27 2016

Where did you find that information from?

8/27/2016 11:18:09 PM #13

Posted By Subaru at 10:27 PM - Sat Aug 27 2016

Posted By Corin at 10:24 PM - Sat Aug 27 2016

Where did you find that information from?

Think they are referring to Daemon's Ring which makes the wearer invulnerable to everything but fire.

"As he was a being of Fire, and her of the Land, he could never get near her without scorching her. So he set to work creating a relic, a wedding ring, that she could wear which would protect her from his swelter. Unfortunately, being a Qin of Fire, he lacked the ability to create such an item. Instead, he created a ring which grants the wearer immunity to all physical harm... aside from Fire."

Source

8/28/2016 12:17:33 AM #14

Also age?

9/28/2016 1:47:14 PM #15

Posted By Zunjin at 2:59 PM - Sat Aug 27 2016

As the others already pointed out:

Players that become a Vampire or even a Lich, which are both powerfull beings, will die a direct Permadeath when they are killed, while normal players just loose some of their lifetime. Source

I think that makes for a good balance and a fun adventure for a group / raid of monster and vampire hunters.

From an RP perspective it could make for a really interesting campaign trying to stamp out either one of those creatures for your King/Queen