COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Animal Agro

So I thought of a really important question when I was playing Elder Scrolls Online recently. I was able to agro a beast and drag it onto a player opening a chest. My question is will this be possible in Chronicles of Elyria? Because if so I can see how this would be a big issue with trolls and griefers.

11/22/2016 8:32:00 PM #1

players been dragging spawn onto other players for ever

i do recall running around in Destard in Ultima Online back in 1998, agro'ing a few greater dragons, running up to a player and going invis

always laughed when a bard was able to dump them back on me and kill me!

ah the good 'ole days :)

11/25/2016 9:23:46 AM #2

Well, it is more or less a realistic way to annoy/harm others. In reality, you can do the same, even if it is far from common. It reminds me of an old joke.

'When you and your friend are being chased by a lion, you don't have to be faster than the lion. You just have to be faster than your friend.'

Basically, it can be abused. But the world isn't fair to begin with.

Alt text

11/26/2016 8:56:43 PM #3

I think being able to report something like that is important, but unfortunately/fortunately the mechanics of Chronicles of Elyria make that difficult. If you have not previously met the person doing it (and on more than one occasion with introductions), you don't know who they are. Likewise, the person doing it probably won't know you or what you are capable of. Perhaps you are the mighty "Beastslayer" and can quickly dispatch the aggroed monster before turning your attention to this potential griefer.

11/26/2016 9:04:11 PM #4

Posted By Dleatherus at 3:32 PM - Tue Nov 22 2016

players been dragging spawn onto other players for ever

i do recall running around in Destard in Ultima Online back in 1998, agro'ing a few greater dragons, running up to a player and going invis

always laughed when a bard was able to dump them back on me and kill me!

ah the good 'ole days :)

---- Man I miss T2A, those were definitely the days

• "The only thing certain in Life is Death, do not fear that which is known." - Orashna, Master Warrior and Expert Herbalist
12/14/2016 1:40:52 PM #5

I think it would be in keeping with the game world if it were allowed to happen by the engine. Although I think it would be neat if it were illegal and there were consequences if witnessed by a guard or something.

12/14/2016 1:59:35 PM #6

Back in the early EQ days when "goody-goody" players would venture into the evil lands, I would "call out the guard" by aggroing every guard NPC I could find, training them to the visitors and gating away. Invasion Repelled! Hey, I wasn't griefing, I was "Role Playing". Unforunately I was killed by my own guards multiple times while I was trying to get the process right. Good Times.

1/3/2017 1:07:00 AM #7

Posted By Traegore at 05:59 AM - Wed Dec 14 2016

Back in the early EQ days when "goody-goody" players would venture into the evil lands, I would "call out the guard" by aggroing every guard NPC I could find, training them to the visitors and gating away. Invasion Repelled! Hey, I wasn't griefing, I was "Role Playing". Unforunately I was killed by my own guards multiple times while I was trying to get the process right. Good Times.

I remember hours of fun dodging Lower Guk trains to the zoneline. Or the awesome trains pulled in Unrest.

Nothing is more thrilling than playing a game where death mattered.