COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
The Hype meter

I know, i know, getting Hyped for a game can have some dire consequenses, but still secretly most of us just get hyped whenever we read or see stuff about a game that promises features that we've always dreamed about.

Currently, there are many MMO games in (early) development, and i'd like to see which one you're looking forward to the most.

Based on: -Features -The way the developers communicate with the community

Currently i'm looking forward to:

-chronicles of elyria Not biased at all -Ashes of Creation Link included.

Since they're both the same in a few ways, it makes it easy to spot what i'm looking for in a game.

So what are you guys mostly looking forward to? I could create a poll, but i rather just discuss here!

12/16/2016 11:09:55 AM #1

Interesting how you subtly used a referral link for Ashes of Creation ;P

Personally I'm only looking forward to CoE atm, as the game concept is one I've been searching for a long time.

12/16/2016 11:15:42 AM #2

I've been found out!

And yes, CoE is still number 1 for me. But with many games in the MMO genre in (early) development, there must be more people here that are backing more than 1.

And Hype is ussualy what happens when the developers are doing a good job communicating with the community. I'm not a Sci-Fi fan at all, but i'm still hyped for Star Citizen because of...reasons. Haha!

12/16/2016 11:49:04 AM #3

I've been following those two and I'm also currently backing Crowfall and Camelot Unchained. Ashes of Creation is very early days and, while I like what I see so far very much, there isn't a whole lot of actual info on it. Crowfall looks like it has potential but seems to be a bit more of a casual feel than what I was expecting and the combat hasn't impressed me so far in the alpha. Camelot Unchained has been extremely slow in development. I'm in the Internal Testing tier though, so it might be a factor of how long I've been around it. Still, I think they bit off a bit more than they can chew or were expecting. Another game worth mentioning that I haven't backed is Pantheon but I wasn't impressed enough by what I've seen so far and with a small dev team I'm not optimistic for a launch any time soon.

CoE is honestly my favorite of the bunch I've seen on the horizon. At first I was turned off by the graphics and the "survival" feel of the game in a sea of others with the latest fad leaning towards that area. But what hooked me in the end was the attention to detail in the dev blogs and information about game mechanics released so far. There aren't just promises of the usual host of expected features, some of which inevitably arrive half-baked. There is extreme detail by these devs provided about new and interesting mechanics that have me genuinely looking forward to more than 'just another MMO' for the first time in a long time. Transparency and honesty are also a big factor, though admittedly not exclusive to CoE, and it's refreshing to see devs line up their thought processes and give relevant updates constantly rather than the occasional marketing blurb every few months.

12/16/2016 9:29:03 PM #4

I havent put much time into researching Camelot Unchained, the graphics just turned me down. I know graphics shouldn't play a big role when it comes to a game, but i guess i'm just spoiled now ;)

12/16/2016 9:40:43 PM #5

CoE is def my favorite and i just heard about it when the kickstarter launched. Im backing Shroud of the Avatar, but dont think itll be anything ill put serious time into. Too much focus IMO on Housing, and decorative items instead of story, game mechanics etc etc. and the lack of PvP kills it.

Ive been spending ALOT of time lately playing Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny both very fun offline games to hold me over until maybe an Alpha I for COE !

12/17/2016 11:38:29 AM #6

I'll take a look into Shroud of the Avatar, never heard of it.

12/17/2016 11:48:04 AM #7

that subtle referral link is just so underhanded lol Just can't take the post serious anymore.

But hype for me in CoE is over the top.

Soldier of Dread Legion

12/17/2016 12:39:56 PM #8

I love the graphics style of AoC, very atmospheric, really beautiful vistas. Shame it doesn't have the sandboxy feel of CoE though.

12/17/2016 2:03:14 PM #9

Posted By Ikkerens at 06:09 AM - Fri Dec 16 2016

Interesting how you subtly used a referral link for Ashes of Creation ;P

Personally I'm only looking forward to CoE atm, as the game concept is one I've been searching for a long time.

Me too Ikkerens! Not since SWG was in Beta have I been so pumped for an MMO.

12/17/2016 8:56:04 PM #10

Well, i guess i shouldnt have put CoE in the list, on a CoE forum, haha.