COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Timeline

IS there a posted development timeline, and what phase its in. I'm really burnt on early adopting and EA games not coming to fruition.

Thanks

Jeddak

3/28/2017 3:10:51 AM #1

You're welcome.

Freeman

3/28/2017 3:22:39 AM #2

They haven't posted a specific one from what I'm aware, but from some statements they've made on their plans, coupled with screenshots they've posted, they're focusing on one specific area right now, as well as basic game mechanics, for the prologue (demo)

That specific area being Titan's Steppe, the only region that's going to persist over every server.

After the prologue (demo) come some other little things like a text-based MUD to distract us while they bring the game to Alpha I. The timeframe is completely up to speculation, but it doesn't seem like the prologue is terribly far off.

As far as avoiding pledging (I actually wouldn't call it EA because the alphas will be closed to pledges below ~$250), I usually do the same, but this one is a little different for me.

I pledged because I thought about what type of state the game would be in if the devs only delivered on half of what they promised, and that I would still enjoy it in that state. Reason being the core ideas behind the game are solid, achievable, and enjoyable, unlike games like NMS.

3/28/2017 3:27:48 AM #3

This is the closest thing we have to a timeline. We are currently awaiting prologue and Domain & Settlement Selection.

3/30/2017 6:45:59 AM #4

I hope we play at the end of this year....

209920 WALLACHIA

3/31/2017 1:16:12 PM #5

Posted By Crystevil at 02:45 AM - Thu Mar 30 2017

I hope we play at the end of this year....

I think we won't be playing the actual game by the end of the year, but we will be actively engaged in creating the world. The feeling will be akin to watching your team in the Super Bowl being ahead 28-10 in the third quarter: You haven't won yet, but you know that trophy is yours...

• I'm big enough to forgive you. But I'm not stupid enough to trust you again. (A29D00/#9056)
3/31/2017 2:46:22 PM #6

I read that Kingdoms of Elyria and ElyriaMUD are expected to run for 9-12 months, while they are doing alpha and beta, and end before exposition (a 3 month extended launch where players are gradually added to the game and build the infrastructure). I expect to see the Prologue, Domain and Settlement selection, Kingdoms of Elyria, ElyriaMUD, and maybe Alpha I this year, but I don't expect Exposition before the second half of next year.

Shieldwall Strong!