COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Alpha, Beta, and everything else

Hey, ok guys, just wanted to know when the Alpha and when the Beta start, considering to maybe buy the game, and donate some stuff, but i really need to know when they start. Thx Trin

3/30/2017 1:24:15 PM #1

I would probably bring some friends with me too, and therefore i am probably going to try to form a clan here before the game starts, just hoppe this community will be awesome. I really anticipate the start of the game, so pls tell me when the Beta and the Alpha start. Thx Trin

3/30/2017 1:26:21 PM #2

Hard to say. I think there will be something tangible for the end of this year. Maybe another person can tell you more.

3/30/2017 1:47:56 PM #3

We do not have any definite dates.

Soulbound Studios has not announced any.

If you want to keep an eye on things and see how close we are getting... Here is a rough overview of the Timeline. Things will happen in roughly this order.

Ongoing Website Upgrades <--We Are Here

Prologue: The Awakening (Offline Demo available to all backers. Part of this was Demoed at Penny Arcade Expo this year)

Domain and Settlement Selection via Website (If you plan to be a noble...you probably want to have backed by this point, or you're going to be getting the absolute leftovers in terms of territories)

Kingdoms of Elyria & Elyria MUD (Website-driven games that serve to establish the political and diplomatic climate of each server prior to launch)

Alpha 1

Alpha 2

Beta 1

Beta 2

Exposition (Backers at Bloodline Tier or higher get into the game. This is NOT the same as playing the game, this is a heavily restricted time in which the land-owners get to build up their stuff, and place all of their backer rewards before the game actually launches)

Game Launch

As I said, there are no dates announced for any of these...but it shows you their roadmap.

Knowing what I can do isn’t the same thing as knowing what I can’t do.

3/30/2017 2:05:42 PM #4

Soulbound Studio wrote on the Kickstarter webpage that December 2017 would be the date that the game is released. However, I believe they also stated that Kickstarter required them to give a date, so they gave the most optimistic date. December 2017 is the earliest possible date, but we all realize that it is unlikely (but still possible I guess. Just extremely unlikely) it will be completely done by December 2017. However, you can probably expect a alpha by December 2017. Of course, this is all my opinion, and nothing is confirmed by the developers.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

3/30/2017 2:42:57 PM #5

I saw something that said that Kingdoms of Elyria and Elyria MUD are expected to run for 8-12 months (alpha and beta will happen while these are running), and end before exposition. We may see alpha before end of the year, but I don't think we'll see Exposition until late next year.

Shieldwall Strong!

3/30/2017 4:28:55 PM #6

In the meantime while waiting for the game You can watch the Q & A videos, read through the Dev Journals and wiki to get an impression about the planned features and functions. You can already join a player community also, look for a kingdom/duchy/county that seems to fit into Your preferred gameplay, time-zone and/or language, join their discord and make new friends.

Life is too short to play bad games.

4/3/2017 8:36:55 AM #7

Ok, thank you for the nice feedback! <3 Love this Community and their helpful comments.