COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Setsumi's Portrait Gallery

Hello and welcome, all! I've decided to set up my little corner here for portraits of random characters. I take most of the fun from imagining who these people could be in Elyria. I like to capture the subtle background and mystery attached to a character, as much as all artists do. There's a certain charm in being able to scratch the surface of a story in a portrait. :)

^_^ Also, everyone is always welcome to visit the CoE community's deviantart page.

Directory:

or Click these thumbnails:

5/27/2017 2:37:05 PM #1

I enjoy drawing portraits that have a little mystery to them. Sometimes it's the subtle details that become quite alluring to the imagination. I'm having a nostalgia of making portraits during the DnD days from years ago.

Cloaked

"The cloak is an effort to conceal the scars ravaging most of his face. It would have done the job if it were not for this individual's unnaturally blue eyes which peek out from the shadows under the cowl. The wear on his armor, his sword, his age -- suggest that he is one of experience... in whichever business he deals with. He seems well-versed in combat, Though it is hard to tell whether he is the kind trusted to protect royalty, or the kind to slay one. Whatever his motives are, they are well sealed from the portrait."

6/6/2017 1:58:33 AM #2

Hello again! Brewed up some new art today. Here's my take on the Qin of Water. Conjuring himself a humanoid mask is my cover-up for not knowing his actual face. Hahah, ah well. Though, I kept his jellyfish-like mane as depicted from the original concept art.

Mask of Oceanus

"Unlike the dark and earthy tones of mortal portraits, this piece is permitted with more vibrancy befitting that of the mysticism that it presents. Oceanus is either conjuring or dispelling a bodily form he has fashioned from his watery surroundings. However, this remains an uncanny rendition of Oceanus, or Qin in general. It seems that he is wearing a vulnerable expression -- which is not an ideal theme for any supreme being. Oh no, no. To be so would be as mortal as the mask he wears. Though it does beg the question: Do Qin wear masks as we do? What imperfections have they to hide?"

6/6/2017 4:11:40 AM #3

these are really good

6/7/2017 1:36:15 AM #4

Thank you! ^^ Im glad you them. It's been years since I've started making artworks again, but my interest in this game has inspired me enough to pick-up where I left and start over fresh.

6/7/2017 6:31:59 PM #5

I like the style, really good. Good job, i gonna be waiting for more. :)

6/7/2017 7:58:56 PM #6

Bravo!

7/15/2017 2:49:46 AM #7

lovely :) and nice art on dA site too :)

7/15/2017 6:37:24 AM #8

Cool work, you have some very intense colors going on in your art =)

And I had no idea we have a CoE Deviantart! It is always good to find where to gather with fellow artists <3

I have a DA account which the last time I used was around 10 years ago, maybe I should create a new one and join with a fresh start lolol

8/10/2017 8:24:04 PM #9

Really good,