COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
A Few Questions.

Greetings CoE Community,

I have been reading up on the game and I had some questions that I may have just missed the answers to; so I was hoping the community could help me answer them.

Question 1: It seems to be the way I read the developer Journals that both your character and your family gain reputation/fame/infamy. I am unclear if that means they are used for different mechanics, or if only one or the other is used as a check. If the later, which one is used?

Question 2: During land selection, do we see that other players have chosen the titles above and around us; or just the NPC family names?

Question 3: If a Duke from Kingdom A takes a dutchy from Kingdom B, does the dutchy shift to Kingdom A or do you simply have a title in two kingdoms?

Thank you for your time.

~Lp

6/1/2017 1:37:56 AM #1

Hello and welcome to the community @Lord_Piper,

I'll try to answer your questions in the best way I can.

Question1: Reputation, as a messure of how your charater is know in the game, could have good or bad repercussions related to different features: death, identity, etc. There are many mechanics that we don't know yet but it would be related with skill bonus. Anyways, in that page you can find all the related info about reputation.

Question 2 I have to make a break here. During Domain selection people is going to select their settlement, counties, duchies and kingdoms. There isn't any information related to what we are going to on the screen - family name, coat of arms, domain name, etc. It should be happening during Kingdoms of Elyria (pre-alpha experience).

During Land selection all the people who have got land are going to select their parcels of land in their settlements, so it belongs to the Exposition period and Launch.

Question 3: If you have 2 different accounts and you don't merge them, you can have 2 different duchies in both kingdoms. Other thing is if you are able to manage 2 duchies at the same time in different places. It's the same thing as having 2 account and play in different servers.

6/1/2017 1:51:09 AM #2

Just to add about reputation, if you are part of a family and your father is an evil player, the npcs will associate you with your father since you are in the same family..If I had to guess you may start at a negative disposition with npcs until they get to know you because of your father.

6/1/2017 4:14:17 AM #3

Thank you for the Warm welcome and taking the time to answer my questions, Gammea and Deftly. The Wiki was a clean layout of what we know so far about reputation and fame.

It was my mistake in mentioning land selection, not domain selection, and that made it confusing. I understand that most of these systems are not fully designed yet, so we don't have many details. I was just wanting to know if, during the process of choosing land in the domain selection, I would know who my lieges would be to contact them.

The last question was more about conquest or abdication, where a noble under a king loses land to another noble outside of that kingdom. I apologize for not being clear.

Thank you again,

~Lp