COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Confused on Wards

After going through the Q&A's again I am still confused on Wards and how their tribe selection differs from a character that's already part of a family. If anyone could explain it more, I would be grateful.

Running the Elyrian PC Assistance Program! (https://discord.gg/4UepZJZ)

6/26/2017 8:30:48 PM #1

How it works is that you select an orphanage on the map during character creation, and it gives you a list of the viable tribes based on the demographics of the near-by population. There are plenty of orphanages, and players can build them themselves.

Do you have any other questions regarding wards? I probably remember the answer.

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

6/26/2017 8:36:04 PM #2

Just my opinion, I don't think it would. There is a huge difference between joining an already established family and becoming a ward of the state, however I see both being part of the same tribe. I have heard a few questions (without official answers) wanting to know if we can have alternative tribal choices for wards, but don't think this will happen, but you never know. Usually a Ward is like a Orphan so having a different Tribal Ward than the Tribe of that Biome would be odd but challenging.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

6/26/2017 8:37:33 PM #3

Posted By Corin at 3:30 PM - Mon Jun 26 2017

How it works is that you select an orphanage on the map during character creation, and it gives you a list of the viable tribes based on the demographics of the near-by population. There are plenty of orphanages, and players can build them themselves.

Do you have any other questions regarding wards? I probably remember the answer.

Thanks for the answer, I plan to choose a tribe that's different than the one that my Kingdom is currently headed towards. I was hoping that since Wards are orphans that you could choose any of the tribes available, but I guess there are limitations.

6/26/2017 8:43:31 PM #4

Posted By Sullen at 3:36 PM - Mon Jun 26 2017

Just my opinion, I don't think it would. There is a huge difference between joining an already established family and becoming a ward of the state, however I see both being part of the same tribe. I have heard a few questions (without official answers) wanting to know if we can have alternative tribal choices for wards, but don't think this will happen, but you never know. Usually a Ward is like a Orphan so having a different Tribal Ward than the Tribe of that Biome would be odd but challenging.

Thanks for the Feedback; For me, I'm choosing my tribe based on mostly appearance but I'm also taking advantages and disadvantages into account. In terms of certain biome's being challenging in the real world you adapt toy our environment a lot faster at a younger age. I really don't know and will have to see in later Q&A's.

6/26/2017 8:44:16 PM #5

Posted By Norvol at 1:37 PM - Mon Jun 26 2017

Thanks for the answer, I plan to choose a tribe that's different than the one that my Kingdom is currently headed towards. I was hoping that since Wards are orphans that you could choose any of the tribes available, but I guess there are limitations.

If they want to pick the Naran, you may be in luck. I heard in a Q&A that the Naran in particular would have more foreign families in their territory than others, but it will take me a while to find it.

Edit: Found what I was remembering. so it is possible that you may have the option to pick a ward from one of these "enclaves", but I don't have any official confirmation.

You could always upgrade to bloodline, and use the no-combat grace period of the exposition to make the journey to your kingdom, but the viability of that really depends on the distance.

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.