COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Erosion and Pollution?

Reading through SoE, I saw watersheds and acid rain, this got me thinking, will erosion be a thing in CoE? It would make sense for the land to be slowly worn away by rain and wind. Also will pollution be in as well?(since acid rain can be caused by humans and our pollution)

Sorry if these were stupid questions that have been answered already

7/27/2017 4:22:38 PM #1

I believe it's only for building degradation, and killing plant life.

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

7/27/2017 4:36:27 PM #2

That makes sense, though it would be cool to see the land naturally change over time

7/27/2017 4:39:25 PM #3

Posted By Khaine at 09:36 AM - Thu Jul 27 2017

That makes sense, though it would be cool to see the land naturally change over time

That will definitely be post launch if anything, as it would likely fall under any terraforming system. But maybe.

8/2/2017 10:25:06 PM #4

looks like we can change culture,bloodline etc. so i think its possible But even if ist possible there should be way to prevent it and problably it won't rain like that regularly.

8/2/2017 10:52:48 PM #5

I think HUGE weather effects could cause terrain change. Large rain storms cause erosion near cliffs and rivers. Earthquakes or hurricanes could drastically alter the terrain in their area. However, I don't see other weather drastically changing terrain.

Terrain changes assumedly could be made. Now to what level or effect is not likely to be known till later game release. For example can we make simple Dams to form ponds.

Governor of Fararo, In service to Duchess Hela and Duke Nimb Zephyr of The Anemoi and their TRM King Evelake Rhyne and Queen Lagertha Rhyne of Vornair. Join the Dance of Destiny because 'Winter is Coming.' Friend code: 3F53D0