COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Mounted Combat

Will I be able to engage from my mount? I was not 100% sure where to make this post.

7/31/2017 3:41:18 PM #1

Mounted Combat is not included at launch.

Though they did just hint at jousting during the State of Elyria post. They plan (unless It's changed) to add mounted combat after launch, due to it requiring so many more systems and animations, they cut it from the initial release.

7/31/2017 3:46:28 PM #2

Ah, I am wondering because of forensics. I figure there will be a lot of mount thieves. Trying to foil getaways.

8/10/2017 5:52:19 AM #3

Posted By Iota at 11:46 AM - Mon Jul 31 2017

Ah, I am wondering because of forensics. I figure there will be a lot of mount thieves. Trying to foil getaways.

Archers would be good for taking down fleeing criminals.

Governor of Fararo, In service to Duchess Hela and Duke Nimb Zephyr of The Anemoi and their TRM King Evelake Rhyne and Queen Lagertha Rhyne of Vornair. Join the Dance of Destiny because 'Winter is Coming.' Friend code: 3F53D0

8/10/2017 6:15:35 AM #4

Posted By Iota at

Will I be able to engage from my mount? I was not 100% sure where to make this post.

You might want to check Kaizen answer in this post

We're developing a mounted attack. This kind of simple attack while on a mount is in-scope for release. The Mounted Combat system, which we've discussed previously, is not.

Mounted combat, aka the ability to use your combat skills on a mount will not be available at launch.

But they are developing a (maybe a few) mounted attacks, using specific weapon(s) that will let people fight from a mount.

8/12/2017 4:02:17 AM #5

Like others have said, mounted combat won't be available from launch. But, if I were to put in my two cents, I would say that mounted combat will likely involve the use of lances, bows, and other weapons that can be easily used on mounts.

I feel like the use of other weapons on mounts would be possible but unintuitive.

Ehhh.

Friend Code: 9AA6A4

8/15/2017 12:24:23 PM #6

Im hoping for a bombard camel myself

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.