COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
shapeshifting and other super natural beings a talent or somthing like a vampire.

i have a few questions. the first one is wherever or not werewolves and other supernatural beings exist? if they do then are they a talent like shape shifting into animals or beings like the vampires and liches

8/4/2017 5:41:12 PM #1

Vampires have at least been strongly hinted at - I cannot remember whether they've been officially confirmed https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Vampire

8/4/2017 10:09:26 PM #2

I hope that they add more were options then werewolves. I would hope that any major predatory animal could potentially be a shape shifting option.

Or that having such abilities would length or strengthen your spirit. Or give options to steal spirit to extend your lifespan.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

8/4/2017 10:36:28 PM #3

Posted By RedAngel at 6:09 PM - Fri Aug 04 2017

I hope that they add more were options then werewolves. I would hope that any major predatory animal could potentially be a shape shifting option.

Or that having such abilities would length or strengthen your spirit. Or give options to steal spirit to extend your lifespan.

Posted By RedAngel at 6:09 PM - Fri Aug 04 2017

I would not expect that 'Were forms' will be a Talent. I expect them to be NPC beings such as Liches and Vampires. I think if you are transformed to such a being it's likely to become an NPC. Otherwise groups would go out playing Vampire bait then giving that ability to the friends and Community. So allowing that would be horribly unbalancing.

Governor of Fararo, In service to Duchess Hela and Duke Nimb Zephyr of The Anemoi and their TRM King Evelake Rhyne and Queen Lagertha Rhyne of Vornair. Join the Dance of Destiny because 'Winter is Coming.' Friend code: 3F53D0

8/5/2017 1:25:57 AM #4

Oh no, I am not giving my hopes up for it. I am simply stating that it would be nice if there were options.

Though it would be cool if it was a contracted disease that was rare to begin with from specific wolves or creatures. One which was completely deadly to anyone contracting it. But either through dying many times and building resistance to it or steming your death with tons of consumable medicines could allow you to contract it.

I could see becoming a ravonous npc for quite some time when you first transform until you can gain enough skill to controll it much later.

I can also see these things as a sort of talent ascension talent in which you need to have multiple disciplines before you could survive in order to become a vamp or were creature.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

8/5/2017 1:35:29 AM #5

I've heard that wereleffits is a thing.

Count Lofi of Skaaney, friend code 8766AA

8/7/2017 12:16:15 AM #6

wereleffits?

8/7/2017 12:22:44 AM #7

though doing werewolves as an extraordinarily rare affiliation would be nice but it would be awesome if that affliction could pass onto your children, in the same vain that you have to types the direct decadents to the original were creature and those turned by the bite or disease and they can pass on that blood, but here is the catch. the ones who descend from the originals are extraordinarily more powerful but hundred times more rare and they will pass on the gene with similar strength to them and if with another were creature then the chance of the kid inheriting it is ore likely. the bitten or infected were wolves can do the same but are no where near as powerful

8/7/2017 12:23:52 AM #8

both types are very rare but the blood relations being even more so

8/7/2017 3:04:08 AM #9

Posted By Falco_Peregrinus at 7:22 PM - Sun Aug 06 2017

though doing werewolves as an extraordinarily rare affiliation would be nice but it would be awesome if that affliction could pass onto your children, in the same vain that you have to types the direct decadents to the original were creature and those turned by the bite or disease and they can pass on that blood, but here is the catch. the ones who descend from the originals are extraordinarily more powerful but hundred times more rare and they will pass on the gene with similar strength to them and if with another were creature then the chance of the kid inheriting it is ore likely. the bitten or infected were wolves can do the same but are no where near as powerful

Yeah pure blood vamps or were forms passed down a bloodline would be sick. I would expect it to be something like 1 in 100 children would have it or skipping a generation but still passed down through the lineage.

8/7/2017 3:15:43 AM #10

That'd be a pretty cool thing to add, although I feel like players who were previously vampires would end up having something like 30 kids to increase their chances of getting one with vampire abilities.

The magic system, from most of what I've heard, is completely random, which is probably a better system. Having vampire genes being passed down by blood might end up with households chock full of children whose only purpose is to MAYBE have vampire abilities.

Ehhh.

Friend Code: 9AA6A4

8/7/2017 3:27:37 AM #11

Random is good though they could have the probability based on how many times you are able to include it into your bloodline. Such as at the start it could be like 1 in 1000 children and get better odds the more generations not born with the affliction to gain it. They don't even need to tell what the odds are and let the players figure it our over time.

Though if such houses rose up they could always add a demon/vampire/werebeast hunter or slayer talents to the game to track them down and deal with them on equal footing. And kill off all your progeny.

8/16/2017 2:29:55 AM #12

Posted By RedAngel at 1:27 PM - Mon Aug 07 2017

Random is good though they could have the probability based on how many times you are able to include it into your bloodline. Such as at the start it could be like 1 in 1000 children and get better odds the more generations not born with the affliction to gain it. They don't even need to tell what the odds are and let the players figure it our over time.

Though if such houses rose up they could always add a demon/vampire/werebeast hunter or slayer talents to the game to track them down and deal with them on equal footing. And kill off all your progeny.

that is actually really cool idea hope they include it

8/16/2017 3:54:27 AM #13

Posted By Falco_Peregrinus at 5:16 PM - Sun Aug 06 2017

wereleffits?

Did you check in the couch cushion?

8/20/2017 11:51:06 PM #14

no (says with a trembling voice)

8/21/2017 2:59:45 AM #15

Caspian said that Lycanthropy is a talent, more aptly put as Shapeshifting. Talents cannot be passed on normally. We dont know yet how talents will be passed on.

Vampirism though is not a Talent. It is considered a curse. A curse you can pass on. We do know of a concept of Elder Vampires that can entirely consume your soul and then turn you into a Vampire. As a Vampire, you dont get spirit loss. You can only die once and then you are perma dead.

The lesser vampires cannot turn others into vampires, just Elder Vampires can.