COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Support for Ultra Widescreen Monitor 3440x1440?

Will the game engine support playing on an ultra wide screen monitor at 3440x1440? I notice most of the new engines do so I suspect your game will. One new game exception is Resident Evil 7, I guess something about the game engine wont allow it with proper FOV.

Not having support for my monitor would be a game killer for me. Right now I play ESO and it plays great on the monitor. Please tell me that Chronicles of Elyria will. I am really looking forward to this game and considering buying a sponsor package soon.

8/26/2017 12:06:33 AM #1

While I am sure SBS will do what they can to accommodate as many tech variations as possible, those kinds of details probably wont be available this early.

8/26/2017 12:42:50 AM #2

Psh they better have 3440x2160! I wana see it all on my glorious 4k 28in monitor xD

Join Freeport County, we like boats. And dogs.

8/26/2017 5:23:46 PM #3

We won't know if it will for 2yrs minimum, but I doubt it as most players don't use resolutions that high and it'd be a waste of money to do that for a few people, but you never know.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

8/27/2017 12:17:02 AM #4

The game client for Chronicles of Elyria is being built on the Unreal Engine, so I would think that it would support the same settings/resolutions as any other game using UE. I think it's a pretty safe bet they you'll be able to play at whatever your monitor's native resolution is. :)

8/27/2017 9:08:53 PM #5

I expect it will, after all, their goals include VR support.

9/9/2017 4:40:40 AM #6

Posted By Imshada at 8:17 PM - Sat Aug 26 2017

The game client for Chronicles of Elyria is being built on the Unreal Engine, so I would think that it would support the same settings/resolutions as any other game using UE. I think it's a pretty safe bet they you'll be able to play at whatever your monitor's native resolution is. :)

Ok. That makes perfect sense to me. Pretty sure ive played plenty of Unreal Engine games and they support it. Most of the games I play now have it, but some still do not. The newest resident evil does not support it. Why I haven't bought it.

3/15/2018 8:50:19 PM #7

Lots of us have 4k, roommate is dual 4k monitors