COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Choice of Gameplay

There are many different styles of game play to chose from, wither you farm and sell, jousting, or being a sneaky thief. How are you going to play this game?

8/26/2017 11:08:57 PM #1

Honestly for me it depends on the effectiveness of OPC and NPC scripts. If NPCs are really good at doing jobs you pay them for, my play will initially be focused around getting my house and living established. Then I'll start exploring a bit more. However, my focus will be likely be animal taming, training, and breeding.

Alt text - can be left blank

8/26/2017 11:21:24 PM #2

Actually, I am more interested in the knowledge part of the game and everything you can get out of books. I wonder whether a astronomer will ever be able to read someones destiny.

8/26/2017 11:21:53 PM #3

I applaud the people who know with 100% certainty what they want to do in this game.

For me I am not yet sure what I want to get out of this game and I would like to know about some of the systems like combat, gathering, trade skills, and things first a bit more before I make a choice as there is just so much you can do in this game. I don't wamt to box myself into anything just yet.

It also hinges upon how many of my friends play as well as intend to own land. Once that figure is more solid it makes it much easier to divide what we all intend to do.

I know that I dont want to be too focused into any one thing as it makes you reliant on others and if there are food shortages there could be all sorts of economic impacts or depressions if there is a disaster or bad season. Or if someone decides to destroy your crops or kill your livestock.

It also depends on how huge your operation is too. I plant to maybe have just enough to process gathered goods, forge specific weapons or armor, and grow some food so I can support myself and make some coin at the same time.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

8/26/2017 11:30:38 PM #4

I want to become a royal guard something like that and lead a group of men to battle

8/27/2017 1:20:45 AM #5

Sure, I have plans and dreams but it doesn't mean I won't adapt to the world and situation. If everything goes smoothly I will just set up my town and guild and be an alchemist. I might do some adventuring and exploring if I have the time and try to find some new ingredients etc. If I find myself starting in a hostile area then I'll just adapt to it and play more aggressively.

I often find myself collecting wealth in games but with CoE I would rather be there building something grand and great together with a group than accumulate money for myself. Maybe it's my town or guild, maybe it's the county or the duchy I'm in or maybe the kingdom I end up in. Who knows, we still have a long wait ahead of us before launch and then many years to play so a lot can happen. Can't wait to see how things turn out!

8/27/2017 1:39:36 AM #6

I am not sure about that, in one hand I want to do everything and try it but I guess there will be so many things to discover, in the other hand I want to do something where I will be one of the best and maybe getting rich with it. But its hard to tell i will see it when i played the game.

8/28/2017 10:01:14 PM #7

im not sure, but i think i im interested to start as an adventurer, draw maps or hunt!

8/28/2017 10:26:42 PM #8

Personally I'm looking forward to doing architect type stuff, though I'm not 100% sold on that until I see how that actually works ingame, so it's something I'll probably be doing in the beta to test it all out :D

I do know though that I want to run an arena :D. I guess Arena's will differ from tribe to tribe however that doesn't matter to me, I just want an arena to have organised fighting :D so whatever tribe I end up being, I can make that work so long as I have a place for people to fight :D

8/28/2017 10:38:09 PM #9

Posted By Fatal53 at

There are many different styles of game play to chose from, wither you farm and sell, jousting, or being a sneaky thief. How are you going to play this game?

Why my good sir! You've forgotten that there are no such things! Roles and styles are a thing of the past! When you play CoE, your role is an Elyrian!

You cannot fall into the trap of mentally constricting yourself! Free yourself, my good sir! Do not let labels bond you to your fate! Do not go quietly into the night!

House BloodBeard - Kill the boy, let the man be born

~~All Hail the Lord of Fire~~

9/8/2017 11:42:35 PM #10

I am thinking of pursuing agriculture in what ever tribe I am in. I want to produce lots of food for the kingdom, but I also want to keep a good amount local so that my population grows. I also think that it would be interesting to start my own militia in the town to defend the farm lands and the kingdom if the time comes.

9/10/2017 3:58:49 AM #11

I really wish I could rule with wisdom and fairness but in reality it will be buying low and selling high. I wouldn't mind a respectable crafting profession for someone who doesn't like getting dirty, either.

Kingdom: Blackheart | Duchy: Drakeolm | County: Hammerbull Dominion | Family: Stormrage | Role: Shaman

9/19/2017 8:56:38 PM #12

I want to adventure. I hope this brings back the feeling of exploring morrowind for the first time. Not a single game since that has made me feel something in my tummy for exploration and learning about the world of the game

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

9/19/2017 11:36:43 PM #13

Personally I want to build the largest metropolis in the world. I want to develop a rich economy and set up a strong shipping network along with a string of motels and hotels to service the travelers of my roads.

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

9/22/2017 5:24:27 AM #14

I want to explore and adventure through the forest, and through the world in general. While gambling when I'm resting.

9/26/2017 1:14:36 PM #15

I want to explore the world, maybe get into some fights once in a while. That's why Brudvir appeals to me.

Alt text - can be left blank