COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
How To Upgrade The Hype

After land selection release the jousting mini game, so players from each kingdom can joust each other :D A tournament if you will. By the time launch comes around there will be a clear winner and a runner up or two. Give them a prize...like a fully loaded ready to go Stone Mine...or Iron Mine...Or 100 War Horses...That jousting is what broke my brain and got me on the hype train...should ride that wave at some point before launch. Well, let us ride that wave :D

10/16/2017 4:56:01 AM #1

I'd rather such tournaments be saved for actual gameplay where they can mean something, rather than something that can become boring before.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

10/16/2017 2:07:20 PM #2

I get you, BUT would it not increase the hype? And get more people pledging and wanting this game to be made? Of course it would get boring after a bit but then it would become fun again. AND tournaments actually held in game would not be dulled because their atmosphere would be vastly different.

10/16/2017 4:49:49 PM #3

I agree, I would rather not get bored of jousting before the game releases

10/16/2017 5:04:07 PM #4

Its not about us whom are HYPED possibly getting bored, its about spreading the hype and getting the Devs more money so they can make the game MORE awesome. Big picture my Doods.

10/16/2017 5:21:07 PM #5

Based on how badly other games with too big of hype have done in the recent past (cough No Mans Sky cough) I'd really rather this one not do the same prior to launch. They have the invested money they need to develop the game, let the game stand on it's merits to attract people to play. If you hype up the advertising on a game that turns out to not really be good (COUGH NMS COUGH) then all you'll end up with is a lot of people mad at the company for not doing a better job, which for a game meant to last 10 years would be a death sentence for the game.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

10/16/2017 5:24:21 PM #6

Lol, We must not speak of such games! OMFG I BOUGHT THAT POS! lol...Im calm....

Based on how badly other games with too big of hype have done in the recent past (cough No Mans Sky cough) I'd really rather this one not do the same prior to launch. They have the invested money they need to develop the game, let the game stand on it's merits to attract people to play. If you hype up the advertising on a game that turns out to not really be good (COUGH NMS COUGH) then all you'll end up with is a lot of people mad at the company for not doing a better job, which for a game meant to last 10 years would be a death sentence for the game.

10/16/2017 8:32:03 PM #7

I'd love to play an online jousting mini-game special event.

10/16/2017 9:53:33 PM #8

Posted By Sylvae at 1:32 PM - Mon Oct 16 2017

I'd love to play an online jousting mini-game special event.

You're my new fave! Join Ashland!...lol

10/16/2017 10:34:52 PM #9

Creating too much hype can end up biting you in the end if you can't deliver on all of your promises, and deliver them to the expectations of the community you hyped. However, creating hype is essential to a successful game and developer. Hype is a difficult beast to ride...

But, I think SBS is doing this right so far. With the two smaller games coming out, Voxelyria, and KoE. These should generate enough hype to carry us into later development. Then once we start getting closer, they might be able to take a minute and toss together small demo pieces out of things they have already completed and polished.

The mystery of the universe is like one big jigsaw puzzle, and we are forever discovering new pieces.

10/17/2017 2:26:05 PM #10

Posted By Orikoren at 3:34 PM - Mon Oct 16 2017

Creating too much hype can end up biting you in the end if you can't deliver on all of your promises, and deliver them to the expectations of the community you hyped. However, creating hype is essential to a successful game and developer. Hype is a difficult beast to ride...

But, I think SBS is doing this right so far. With the two smaller games coming out, Voxelyria, and KoE. These should generate enough hype to carry us into later development. Then once we start getting closer, they might be able to take a minute and toss together small demo pieces out of things they have already completed and polished.

YES