COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Trial Of Grasses?

Hey everybody, new guy here.

I have just found out about this game and have become enamored with it. The diverse mechanics and attention to every minute detail has me hooked so far but the parts that intrigue me the most are how the body functions in this game as it stands. You age, you die, and your dietary habits and exercise affect your life span from what I can gather. To get to brass tacks, I am wondering if the alchemist and herbalist options in the game can be used to create treatments and procedures that permanently alter player/NPC bodies in a fashion similar to what is seen in The Witcher series. Obviously players aren't going to be made into infertile killing machines able to catch arrows mid air and such, but I was wondering if more practical applications such as permanently enhanced movement speed and strength would be feasible.

12/6/2017 9:53:29 AM #1

Posted By SouthChi at

Hey everybody, new guy here.

I have just found out about this game and have become enamored with it. The diverse mechanics and attention to every minute detail has me hooked so far but the parts that intrigue me the most are how the body functions in this game as it stands. You age, you die, and your dietary habits and exercise affect your life span from what I can gather. To get to brass tacks, I am wondering if the alchemist and herbalist options in the game can be used to create treatments and procedures that permanently alter player/NPC bodies in a fashion similar to what is seen in The Witcher series. Obviously players aren't going to be made into infertile killing machines able to catch arrows mid air and such, but I was wondering if more practical applications such as permanently enhanced movement speed and strength would be feasible.

Welcome~

Thats a good question and I hope that someone is able to answer it for you ^.^

12/17/2017 5:08:22 PM #2

There is a list in the State of Elyria article of things they're working to incorporate into the game. I don't see permanent body modification listed. Doesn't mean it won't make it into the game though. I would be surprised if piercings and tattoos didn't make it in at some point. Altering the body for physical improvements may be one of those secrets that need to be unlocked over time. But, as of now, I don't think anyone could say for sure.

6/2/2018 12:47:14 AM #3

Hell, if people want it enough and research such things enough, I'm sure it would be made available. If you wanted, your character could be an alchemist seeking those advancements. Our actions change the game-scape, after all.