COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Got a Character or three planned out?

So you've spent 30+ Hours (More or less) working on a character(s) you want to play as in the game. How many do you plan to have? And most importantly, what will be their theme music to express them? Share your character name and a music link :D.

For my three.

(Secondary)Woulek Hym Gagarin - Alchemist/Doctor - Anilah - Medicine Chant

(Auxillary)Dettlaff Joutun Hemlock - Soldier/"John Doe" - Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater Soundtrack: Snake Eater

(Main Char)T'urev Allan Schrödinger - Cartographer/Witcher - Heilung | LIFA - Krigsgaldr LIVE

Do not go gentle into that goodnight. No.. Never... Instead of gentle, walk forward with a fire in your heart, to turn the dark to day. No vampire, no necrophage, no sorcerer of evil can stop your light. ~ Some old guy before he died from a werewolf attack.

12/8/2017 6:29:04 AM #1

I've got two planned out, but not sure if I will play them concurrently or try one then the other, or just pick one... But between the two of them I've definitely put some hours in!

Seven --> Hunter, Herbalist, Explorer

Song: 1 Hour of Forest Music

Faren --> Deviant Cartel Enforcer

Song: Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down [Remix] OR The Devil and The Huntsman - Sam Lee & Daniel Pemberton

Been here too long.

12/8/2017 7:11:31 AM #2

I don't really see the need for alts, I mean sure especially with roleplayers there tends to be a preference to play many different characters but I guess I would rather take the time to create one unique and interesting char and invest the time in my soul and skill progression as well as my family. Though I do want different characters down the line of my family and it's fun to even think about the ideas for that :)

12/8/2017 3:41:32 PM #3

I only reason I'm not planning a specific character in game is because I'll be playing a family, my main character will change throughout that family.

12/8/2017 5:47:56 PM #4

Just speaking as a Noble, I do see the appeal of a alt character from time to time to get away from some of the day to day politics. Where they may never make it up to the greater characters of the day, they do provide a nice escape from time to time.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

12/8/2017 5:56:32 PM #5

Only 1 Character!

This is awesome...no double triple chars are real useful.

An MMO where you need to play with others... this is lovely.

No more solo play availiable

Alt text - can be left blank

12/8/2017 10:08:31 PM #6

Have no names for my characters yet as we know next to nothing about what sort of names will fit in with the tribes. And no theme music 'cos I'm just not in to that stuff and the music I like to listen to does not suit my characters at all..

Anyhows, I am an uncurable altoholic and depending on my free time or lack there off, will have least a second character.

One to main while family is online: Drasenian Mrs. Kryptkeeper with her bone & stone carving.. Future telling by reading rotting intestines as a side hobby or business. Life goal: owning creepy catacombs, decorated with an overdose of bones and skulls.

Another to just explore whatever strikes my fancy while playing solo: Yoru whenever we find those, but I'll settle for anything else than Neran untill then. ..Maybe a nutty toymaker or a bathouse keeper, perhaps a knight obsessed with jousting tournaments or just a sleasy golddigger trying to get it on with a noble or two..

Too much I want to try for just 1 chara and waiting for next lifetimes to do it all would just be horrible!

12/30/2017 11:47:39 AM #7

I will play only 1 character for now. Aarondrion the explorer, hunter and trapper. This will be new type of play for me, I usually play the farmer/land owner (ArcheAge).

Mayor Artesian Hoaghloy : Hoaghloy Settlement

1/4/2018 7:03:04 AM #8

I'm late, I know.

But, I plan on having an Alchemist/Herbalist crafting poisons, potions, and remedies to the highest bidder, and maybe having magical or technological research on the side. I'll think of the name once I get there, though, it'll most likely be my most common character name, Warrden or Warren.

The other character I plan on having is an ironic joke of a character that I'm not sure is going to be played by me or my brother. It would be Mannford, the mannliest mann in all of Elyria. He spends all his time doing mannly things like lifting weights or punching deer, The likes. Again, just a joke really

???

1/4/2018 7:25:57 AM #9

I plan on playing just the one character unless I find being a Count actually leaves me with some free down time for other than my Countly duties. If it does, there is no way I will risk my Count and go off exploring but I will have alt for that. I usually only play one character at a time.

The Count name has already been picked from long ago. I am 50/50 on if my count will be a count or a countess at this point. I am leaning towards a somewhat unique idea for an occupation for any alt I might have. Or possibly even my count may have this occupation as a side.

My song? Never thought of it that much but I think this song by Jethro Tull fits the mood well.

Songs from the wood

You can't beat Jethro Tull for this type of music.

1/29/2018 10:19:08 AM #10

Two characters, the first will probably be left as an OPC once the second character comes into the game.

(First) [Name undecided] Male start off as an alchemist, focusing mainly on poisons, eventually ends up as shopkeeper/tavern keeper.

(Second) [Name undecided] Adopted daughter of the first character, travelling alchemist/explorer. I will be using this character to explore Elyria.

The song for the whole family: Hanezeve Caradhina (by: Kevin Perkin)

1/29/2018 11:27:48 AM #11

I'm no good at theme songs, but I'm planning two characters:

1) My mayor/baroness and her dynasty.

2) An architect/master builder.

Friend Code: CB1D33

1/29/2018 1:48:27 PM #12

Posted By Lira at 05:27 AM - Mon Jan 29 2018

And brownies are their Kryptonite. :D

I'm also planning two, which I'm hoping will soften the blow when my first gets stabbed like Caesar on day 2.

1/29/2018 4:04:10 PM #13

Posted By Hieronymus at 1/29/2018 1:48:27 PM

Posted By Lira at 05:27 AM - Mon Jan 29 2018

And brownies are their Kryptonite. :D

I'm also planning two, which I'm hoping will soften the blow when my first gets stabbed like Caesar on day 2.

don't reveal my weakness, omg

Friend Code: CB1D33

1/29/2018 6:23:52 PM #14

A Kypiq/Dras hybrid, so I can be a little girl with long black hair, black eyes, and gray skin. Then I'll buy a white night gown and hang out in a well.

Referral Code: 912EC9

1/30/2018 3:38:54 AM #15

Posted By Orisoll at 10:23 AM - Mon Jan 29 2018

A Kypiq/Dras hybrid, so I can be a little girl with long black hair, black eyes, and gray skin. Then I'll buy a white night gown and hang out in a well.

Were you on CoE discord last night? Some of us were talking about this exact thing.