COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Tribal Style Guides

I know the tribes are still being fleshed out (ha) but wanted to suggest that it would be great to see some [preliminary] style guides for the tribes, if such a thing was possible. I'm sure it's planned, and I'm sure you have some of it internally already, so it would be good to see something - perhaps for one tribe at a time - going hand in hand with any models as they are prototyped and shown.

This would be amazingly useful for folks to start creating designs and works of art, buildings and other cultural imagery for the tribes, with a coherent look and feel.

This is the sort of thing I was thinking of: EQN:Landmark Kerran Style Guide

But we wouldn't need/expect it so in depth at this early stage. I was thinking for Kypiq for example, "Treehouses" is pretty broad - and I have been only able to find a few other references so far like "tree cities fascinating on account of their unusual and occasionally perplexing design" and "propensity for interesting and complex technology, as well as shiny objects". That leaves a lot of possibilities.

Looking at the Kerran style guide link above from EQN:Landmark - something like pages 2 (shapes), 3 (silhouettes/materials) and 8 palettes would be a great to add to what has already been revealed about the tribe in question.

Even a small cog can turn a large gear - Kythiq Proverb

3/19/2018 3:38:48 AM #1

I like that idea a lot, it would probably be a lot easier for fans especially new ones to follow than reading a whole bunch of words like the previous tribe write ups such as this.

I am sure that in the later versions of the website as we have seen recently that they are trying to update the game guides and make things more user friendly that we will see stuff similar and easy for fans to read and follow

3/19/2018 5:26:22 AM #2

More concept artwork + actual models!

3/19/2018 5:16:00 PM #3

Style guides sound great! I think just more concept art even would be appreciated. I've found myself sketching clothing designs for my Kypiq tailor but I don't even know what a certain rank of Kypiq looks like. Do their leaders even distinguish themselves? Do they care about appearances? Do they value camouflage above all else to be one with the forest?

I just don't know who my target market is because I don't know what they look like yet or what they value in their community or daily lives, and what that life looks like.

More concept art of locations/cities of different tribes would be super helpful in addition to just the people. If we knew more of the world in which we reside, we could better design for it.

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest