COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Opinions please

Guyss I have a question about life and need your opinions, if I want to buy something (trade) from someone online, but each person doesn't trust eachother eg a) seller doesn't trust buyer that buyer will give payment after receiving content, and b) buyer doesn't trust seller that seller will uphold the transaction (that they will be scammed). Extra: buyer has reference to character ie (I'm doing a contest and giving away free stuff), and this free stuff is half the value of what the buyer will pay, is this not a good example that the buyer will come through with his payment? Any other thoughts?

4/2/2018 10:12:25 PM #1

There's no way to really know. Unless you use a 3rd party to act as an escrow, there is always a risk one party to a deal does not come through.

I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to, but if this is a contest, entry should be free. I think it's always a little dubious by default to run a contest requiring people to buy something for a "chance to win". That sets off my alarm bells at the outset.

4/2/2018 10:25:01 PM #2

Came here to say that. 3rd party escrow.

4/2/2018 10:27:04 PM #3

Feel this is where the contract system comes into play, who is right and who is wrong. Will be able to use the justice system to enforce people being dishonest. But if you are tricked and sign a unfair contract that will be on you. Make sure the contract is written properly and it states what the deal will be.

4/2/2018 10:42:41 PM #4

make sure it is legit for the person to be selling in the firstplace

ie. it is against ToS to sell CoE accounts

then ALWAYS use a trusted third party brroker if selling is allowed

4/2/2018 11:21:16 PM #5

Posted By Sylvae at 5:25 PM - Mon Apr 02 2018

Came here to say that. 3rd party escrow.

Sylvae, I seem to agree with you so often that you could just post for the both of us and save me the trouble.

4/2/2018 11:26:45 PM #6

For a flat fee, I will do that, friend.

4/3/2018 2:29:14 AM #7

3rd party or only take cash payment

Friend code: 64E963

4/9/2018 12:41:40 AM #8

my opinion would be that lonzo ball is a bust.

5/8/2018 5:26:59 AM #9

Wow...really. I wouldn't ever deal with anyone I didn't trust or that didn't trust me. Life is already too complicated without online deals with untrustworthy people.

Sounds too much like: What can I say to that guy to get his goods and still be able to back out of the deal...but still get his goods FOR FREE??!! Whilst he is thinking, "How can I get his money without giving anything...how can I 'play' him?!"

To give you an idea of how I think: I recently called the police on someone selling equipment "out the back of their van. Turns out, it was all stolen from a warehouse the next town over....but there were 30 people willing to buy from the guy & his wife!!??

TQQdles™

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters

Dolnor Numbwit
Eternal Testing Newbie
Member, The Older Gamers (TOG)

5/8/2018 6:56:15 AM #10

Get a middleman!