COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
What do you play while you wait?

I'm still looking for games to take up my free time while I wait for the Alpha 2. So far I'm trying out Guild Wars 2 and Vindictus. I also plan on picking up the Dark Souls remaster since I never really went through it.

I love Action RPGs so I wonder what kind of games you all play while you wait? Any suggestions I should look into? Besides God of War.

Friend Code: 4B752A

4/19/2018 3:35:56 AM #1

Well. Grim Dawn is one of the games in my library.  (Just finished storyline in Torchlight 2) Massive Chalice, XCOM | Enemy Unknown,  Endless Space, Elite Dangerous, Divinity Original Sin, Enhanced Edition, 7 Days to Die, 3 Witcher titles, Prison Architect and Hearts of Iron IV. 

and there's always a return to EVE.

Yeah, I'm a bit behind. ;)

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

4/19/2018 5:20:30 AM #2

I'm just making my way through my massive backlog on steam. While always going back to civ5. Nothing better to play while waiting for CoE, if the game itself can't end.

4/19/2018 5:51:45 AM #3

I started playing Albion Online at my brother's behest (I love my bro). The economy piece is what I love the most about it; the combat-styles suck. Mostly, I spend my time gathering, selling and build a beautiful home. There's also the occasional dungeon raid with my brother.

4/19/2018 12:31:41 PM #4

I'm playing a lot of Fortnite and Mario Paint. Sometimes I'll load up Super Mario World or Super Mario Bros. 3 in my emulator too.

I'm also playing Sea of Thieves when I have more time since that game is very fun. Making my way to Pirate Legend.

I picked up Pokemon Uranium (Which is a fan made game, but well done), just to see what it was about. Pretty decent, good story.

I'm also going to try a play through of Subnautica, since I never really made it far in that game. I'd love to get the Dark Souls remaster too, but we'll see how much it costs!

4/19/2018 2:10:35 PM #5

I have played almost every mmo in the world and still haven't found one I stick with so looking foward to CoE. Currently playing Medieval Engineers, Rimworld and Rainbow Six Siege!

4/19/2018 7:09:28 PM #6

Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity, Dead State, (insert just about any other isometric turn/semi-turn based game).

Occasionally Pathfinder, while convincing my friends/family to play Desolation RPG.

4/19/2018 7:17:39 PM #7

I cant play anything besides Fortnite...makes me laugh so much. Passes the time while I wait for COE. Everything else just...doesnt even entertain me...although Thrones of Britannia will be cool for a bit...Steam Punk looks interesting ...but COE is King in my brain!

4/19/2018 7:57:18 PM #8

Real Life. It has great graphics and even a full VR experience but the grinding sucks. Lots of trolls and griefers too.

4/19/2018 9:22:46 PM #9

Currently my group is playing Conan Exiles, Ark: Survival evolved, Life is Feudal MMO and YO, Space Engineers, Elite Dangerous, The Division, and a plethora of real time strat games.

Oh, and can't forger Elder Scrolls Online. We just kinda migrate based on what people are feeling that particular day.

4/19/2018 9:39:32 PM #10

I was born in '82, so I've quite literally grown up with video games, in both senses of the phrase. I'm a bit of a connoisseur when it comes to games; I try to keep a "balanced diet" if you like.

Right now, I'm playing some Pillars of Eternity, Metro 2033 Redux, Overwatch (when connectivity doesn't randomly decide to dump on me,) Heroes of the Storm, Endless Space 2, Avernum 6 (the original, not the whacked out remake,) with some Cities Skylines on the side. I play a little Elite:Dangerous on occasion, but I feel like they're squandering their fantastic simulation on a very bland, very static galaxy...

I've been keeping my eye out for MMO-type games for me and my group of friends to play, but they all end up either tab-targeted-floating-number-fests, loot box swamps, straight up WoW clones, or just so repetitive that the great gameplay quickly grows stale through lack of content. Or they just cost an arm and a leg to get in.

"It's not the scales, the wings, the teeth, or even the breath that set a dragon at the pinnacle of creation. It's not the strength or senses, nor the size of his hoard. It's something that a dragon knows that only comes with age and experience. It's a skill mortals never truly master."

"A dragon...knows how to wait."

4/19/2018 9:40:57 PM #11

Diary entry #805

Im stranded on a island and the only game here is League of Legends, every day i pray that a boat will pass by and save me from this nightmare before i go insane.

I see a boat in the distance, and when i use my spyglass it has a flag raised with the letters C.O.E on it, i only hope it gets here before i lose my mind ... its my only hope.

Close entry.

Alt text - can be left blank

4/19/2018 11:00:41 PM #12

I've been playing ECO from Strange Loop Games. It has a ton of similarities to Chronicles of Elyria, including player government and laws, player economy, pollution and extinction, survival and sustenance, and eventually even permanent character death.

Check it out.

4/20/2018 4:43:08 AM #13

At the moment, Civ VI and Ark.

Just started taking a new approach to Ark instead of building a giant base and farming metal from a bird like everyone else always does.

I'm on an unofficial PVP server (not sure how hostile it is yet, but it's good to be cautious), aiming to be able to travel light, keep myself and my belongings at a low profile, and be fairly resistant to losses.

I build well off of common "highways", in draws or dense forest (preferably both), and avoid cutting any trees down within spawn-suppression range of any of my structures in order to keep them hidden.

Also instead of keeping everything I own stored inside of my buildings to get lost when it's discovered, I keep chests of building components, clothing, weapons, ammo, and etc stashed around the general area I've been working in.

It's likely some bases and caches will be found, but when they do, it'll be much easier to recover from than rebuilding a large base from scratch.

4/24/2018 11:05:07 PM #14

VeryDice my friend code is: 2607032, Return of Reckoning [(warhammer)] (www.returnofreckoning.com), and Pokerstars play.

5/8/2018 4:42:30 AM #15

Currently ESO. But I have 20 games on this computer and I don't even want to look at the Steam Game Library with all those games too. I bounce from one game to another.

I collected the games from my hobby of online-game-testing-for-free. Although 3 studios have hosted studio-tours-including-food-and-beer, 2 studios invited me (FREE) to 4-days at E3, and various swag sent. But these days, I am outside-their-customer-base (read: OLD) so no testing invites for me. Or I have to pay hundreds-of-dollars to have the "privilege" of testing a game! >.<

TQQdles™

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters

Dolnor Numbwit
Eternal Testing Newbie
Member, The Older Gamers (TOG)