COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Blood Contracts

I heard that this game will have a court/contract system that will allow players to trade and craft under a civil rule. However I want a contract that doesn't involve other people for evil intent or to make sure someone will to it no matter what it is. And that's when i thought of blood contracts, a way that will make both party's do there part of the contract or a curse/death will be place on them.

Why does one need a powerful item to be good? All you need is one simple, useful Trinket. Fiend code:82E2FB

2/21/2016 11:57:29 PM #1

That sounds like something that would require Dark Majyyks, and would be seriously frowned upon in most, if not all, societies. But potentially fun! Or abusable. Or both!

2/22/2016 8:24:37 PM #2

Making both parties do it or they die doesn't sound like much of a contract, and there would be no way to enforce it, the game can't simply kill you because a contract wasn't met, you would each have to have someone hunt down and kill the other, otherwise contracting someone to do something or you kill them is more of a threat.

Perhaps there could be a talent to that effect, after a certain time the character has penalties applied to them if they don't fulfill the contract they entered into, then again, nobody would do it. It's a cool idea, but sounds hard to apply to the game.

3/28/2016 6:06:36 PM #3

You can always hire an assassin! Call me :D

3/28/2016 6:32:55 PM #4

This is a really good idea, but as Tarrasque said, dark magic is quite frowned upon in most places. I'm sure some shady underground organizations would employ dark mages for this exact job, to prevent any of their partners, or even members from betraying them.

12/7/2016 9:21:55 AM #5

yea i like this idea and i find it interesting that Yorick likes it. makes me wonder about aranor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nurarihyon#/media/File:Suuhi_Nurarihyon.jpg Master Merchant

12/7/2016 10:05:48 AM #6

I like this idea but think it should be a vampire only thing. As a way for a vampire to gain followers.

Yu'tui of the agricultural town of Valaris.

12/7/2016 3:10:11 PM #7

What about a contract that cuts your spirit in half but gives you a significant boost to one skill of your choosing? Perhaps the contract writer gains a taste of that added essence, making it beneficial for them to continue making contracts (and making the developers money).