COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Chronicles of Elyria Crafting

Update 3: The wiki is online now awaiting content to be added.

Chronicles of Elyria Crafting Wiki

Update 2: The main blog is online now awaiting content to be added.

Chronicles of Elyria Crafting Blog

Update: Discord link expired so replaced it with one that will never expire.

TL;DR

Discord Invite Link

I'm going to be starting a website based on crafting in Chronicles of Elyria in the next 3 to 4 weeks, and I'd like to invite as many members of the community to join the Discord now so we can start talking about ideas for the site and other things that might be useful.

Please join the discord and we can start the discussion rolling. It'll be quite a comprehensive website so will take some time to get up and running, but I'm hoping that by working together we can make something pretty cool.

5/6/2018 6:59:06 AM #1

I'll be attempting to become an decent alchemist and would be interested, however have a few logistical questions.

Who is the work horse, developing the site ?

who is covering the hosting fee's? will it be donation?

how much time would you be willing to dedicate to updating,organizing and structuring the almost 30 different sub category's of crafts?

How will it differ/succeed the wiki already in place?

5/6/2018 8:35:40 AM #2

Posted By Zelcovian at 07:59 AM - Sun May 06 2018

I'll be attempting to become a decent alchemist and would be interested, however, have a few logistical questions.

Who is the workhorse, developing the site?

who is covering the hosting fee's? will it be by donation?

how much time would you be willing to dedicate to updating, organising and structuring the almost 30 different subcategories of crafts?

How will it differ/succeed the wiki already in place?

Hi. Thanks for the questions.

I'll be handling the website system administration (installing and maintaining the website on my server).

I'll also be paying the initial costs to get everything going but I might not be able to afford to have a designer do an excellent job on the look and feel so might need to use free templates at the start on the wiki and the blog. I might be able to work something out on the forum and then at a later date have someone copy the forum theme for the blog and wiki.

It'll be a community effort with a blog, a wiki and a forum and I'm trying to get other people interested in helping out. It is an enormous task, and I won't be able to do it all on my own, so hopefully, if we work together, we can get some things done together.

Most MMOs have official wikis and then fan sites that also include a wiki. The fan sites have the advantage in that they have a group of people dedicated to a single topic (in this case crafting) so everyone is working together.

Donations would be accepted but are not required.

5/6/2018 6:12:45 PM #3

Updated the Discord link as it had expired.

5/13/2018 9:59:58 AM #4

I'm still looking for interested parties to make this site work.

See the original post for more information.

5/19/2018 12:59:57 PM #5

More people are always welcome :).

5/28/2018 4:44:49 PM #6

The main blog is now live awaiting content to be added. If you want to discuss content, then join the Discord server in the main post.

You can find the blog here:

Chronicles of Elyria Crafting

5/28/2018 10:51:36 PM #7

I think a lot of people will want to protect their craft, keeping recipes, technology, and strategies secret to advance their own fame and status.

5/28/2018 11:17:51 PM #8

I never understood why some wp themes have black frames around them. I would recommend playing around with some of the theme's CSS. Personally I like darker schemes, but there are lots of other options too. Also, if you're looking for a good custom page styler, Elementor is by far the best in it's class. Quick, simple, and robust. Anyway, good luck with the blog. It's got a ton of future potential! :)

5/29/2018 9:44:28 AM #9

The wiki is now online awaiting content to be added.

Chronicles of Elyria Crafting Wiki

5/29/2018 9:45:43 AM #10

Posted By Xenocrates at 12:17 AM - Tue May 29 2018

I never understood why some wp themes have black frames around them. I would recommend playing around with some of the theme's CSS. Personally I like darker schemes, but there are lots of other options too. Also, if you're looking for a good custom page styler, Elementor is by far the best in it's class. Quick, simple, and robust. Anyway, good luck with the blog. It's got a ton of future potential! :)

I'm actually looking for someone to pay to do a Wordpress and Mediawiki theme but it is hard to find someone trustworthy. If you have any recommendations then let me know either here or via private message.