COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Streaming CoE ??

Hello guys! I.m a streamer ...and I plan to stream CoE for a long time. I want to share and I want to advertise the game,to make it known to my community and around the world :)) BUT , the problem is: will it affect me this, my game ??? In the sense that: I could be attacked, robbed, etc. I will mention that I will have access to alpha ... and I would like an echo response in this way; if the streamers can stream in the alpha stage.

209920 WALLACHIA

6/21/2018 12:42:40 PM #1

Because the world is MASSIVE you're a lot safer than you would think on face value. Even IF you were walking through your mansion showing off gold piles a player would need to be in your town/area. While possible, its not going to be the case 95% of the time. You wouldn't want to do that anyway. Turn off the stream as you set up your OPC and go home.

Also its worth noting that if you got any evidence or footage of them you've just caught them in the act. Theyre basically screwed because everyone that can is gunna try to stop them for rewards as well as getting rid of them.

6/21/2018 12:42:56 PM #2

Testing phases under Alpha 1, and Alpha 2 will NDA (non-disclosure agreement), so it can't be streamed or recorded to later be released until it is a phase not under NDA. The phases will also be wipe and resetted once they're completed, so in theory you would be technically safe if you streamed it during this time. Answers from Caspian saying about this subject below:

(04-01-18):

(04-17-18):

6/21/2018 12:46:19 PM #3

As Sagan said, streaming in unlikely to be a problem for you unless one of your viewers is from your town/local area. The world of Elyria is massive. Much bigger than many other online games, and it is highly unlikely you'll be stream sniped.

If you are concerned with people stealing your secrets, don't stream anything that you feel could compromise you. Have an adventuring Alt or something :P.

I fully intend to stream my adventures in CoE to help share the world and stories I partake in with people!

As for Streaming in Alpha, that is a no-go. Alpha is NDA (As Xeyska said above). You'll have to wait for a version that isn't under NDA.

6/21/2018 12:59:45 PM #4

Thank you guys for answers:) I hope my treasures will be safe :)) I recruit some bodyguards:))

209920 WALLACHIA

6/21/2018 1:01:35 PM #5

Be clever and you'll be safe.

6/21/2018 2:32:06 PM #6

Unless you are a noble, then you should be somewhat on the lookout for whatever you stream. But yeah I agree with the others, be doubtful anyone would even bother trying to hunt you down. Assuming you never pissed off anyone enough.

6/21/2018 5:01:47 PM #7

Watching your enemies streams is a common tactic, I would be very careful about what could be seen.

Alt text - can be left blank

6/24/2018 2:36:53 AM #8

If you're going to stream just be aware of the fact that your character won't be 100% safe. Even if that means you'll be fine 99% of the time, there's always that one person who would use your stream against you in-game.

For example, do you like that fancy sword you just bought? Careful not to show where you keep it at night for which someone might make it their mission to sneak in and steal it. Did you just collect payment? Careful with how much money you're walking around with.

Point is, be smart with what you're streaming.

Or if you like the challenge, then go for it.

6/24/2018 3:52:58 AM #9

I will echo the be careful what you stream warnings. I have been in a game where you had factional fighting and experienced our plans being leaked to the enemy because a streamer from our kingdom had left our alliance chat visible... needless to say our attack met resistance and while it wasn't a complete win for the enemy, much blood was spilled on both sides. I would recommend being VERY careful with what you stream in a game like this.

6/24/2018 5:50:21 AM #10

I think many would consider it a cool stunt to troll a streamer real-time. Check some of the forum threads about trolling and exploits to get some ideas on how it might be possible.

6/24/2018 12:01:39 PM #11

I intend to do nothing but stream incredibly boring ducal council meetings - especially those talking about taxation reform and budgetary subcommittees.

Coming Soon(tm)

6/24/2018 4:15:49 PM #12

The lands of Elyria are not going to be as iconic and recognizable across the board as most other MMO's that you have likely played and where stream sniping is a real thing.

Most folks watching your stream wont even know where you are unless they are from your local area.

It also depends upon what you are streaming. If you are just in town hanging out, working the gossip system and gathering some jobs to do then at most you might get some stream snipe trolling in regards to people "photobombing" your stream. That comes with the territory though. The more successful you are with your stream, the more you will be noticed in your local area.