COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Business Model Q&A

Hello fellow Elyrians!

We know you have some questions about our business model and we would love to answer them! We are making a recorded video explaining our business model and answering questions(Q&A style). So, if you have any questions go ahead and post them below!

3/10/2016 10:47:15 PM #1

Hallo Aurora, currently, what are the plans for pricing of a soul, life and their packs?

-MX.

Alt text - can be left blank

3/10/2016 10:50:19 PM #2

Q1. At the end of the last Developer Journal regarding death tolls in the game it said "Our next design journal aims to ease peoples' concerns about dying while nobility, and also talks about our new "earn-to-play" model." Do you have any information on these topics you can share?

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

3/10/2016 10:51:39 PM #3

1) Do you intend to still impliment cash bought in game gold and/or other items? Hoping the answer is no

2) What's the price for the game and what does it include?

3/10/2016 10:52:16 PM #4

Will players be able to purchase in-game items/gold with IRL cash?

MMORPG seems to think so but the community as a whole seems to be a bit more unsure.

If so:

Don't you think this will give an advantage to players that have more IRL cash to spend in the game?

3/10/2016 10:53:33 PM #5

Will people be able to buy up lots of sparks for use in the future?

3/10/2016 10:57:36 PM #6

Other than influence, is there another way to acquire a title before launch not including earning one in game?

With the money you will make from the Kickstart amd launch, is there really any need for extra manetization of the game?

Is so, any you're willing to share?

You guys are also the best dev team ever.

3/10/2016 11:05:10 PM #7

What is your main focus for generating income?

I don't really see the game being fully sustainable at ~$40 a life, so I believe that a large portion of your income must come from the in-game shop.

I may be completely wrong, but it doesn't seem like enough to me. As such, I would be interested in hearing about what your plans are to ensure that your business model includes a way to keep the income coming at a profitable rate for you. I understand a lot of players chagrin at an in-game cash shop, their first thoughts automatically go to overpowered weapons etc. I would hate to see a RNG based system, but I also know myself and know that I would spend a considerable amount on such a system. As such, I'm really looking to understand how things are going to work, as I'm a gambler at heart, but I want a fair system in place as well.

TLDR;

How are you planning to create a sustainable profit margin without resorting to the game becoming Pay to Win. (In the sense that you could buy items that give you an unfair advantage in any form, not just PvP etc)

Hello there.

3/10/2016 11:14:35 PM #8

I remember a few months ago Caspian mentioned more than one spark linked to a soul, as if you're playing 2 or more chars/alts on one soul, at the same time. It just got stuck on my mind (because it doesn't make much sense to have several chars sharing a soul), although I didn't mention it till now. If it's possible, will that be a lot cheaper than several accounts with 3 souls and one spark each?

On the same topic, please show us what options/discounts/etc we have if we want to play with several alt chars.

3/10/2016 11:31:44 PM #9
  1. What is the company stance on changing business models and prices/services? If it ends up that the company is not making enough sustainable income, how will the company handle changing methods?

2. Will there be DLC or Expansion Packs for things that are updated to added to the game, that was not present in the initial release? Will updates made for things like technology/research advancement and world story/events require the player to pay an additional fees?

3. What business models will be avoided at all costs, even if the game is doing very poor financially? Is any business model viable given a high enough need for income?

NA-E -> Vornair -> The Conclave of Aritaur -> Asy'Lloer+North Aetheria http://avatarsofelysia.wixsite.com/home

3/10/2016 11:38:41 PM #10

You can have multiple characters on one account. They still need different souls, though:) A soul goes into one particular character at the time.

Okay, now on to my own question.

What would you do if there were a significant amount of players who just Coup de Grace'd OPCs over and over again, not caring about the fact that they might have to buy a new spark every couple weeks (if they're going on killing sprees again and again)?

“Must I undertake to prove that the slave is a man? That point is conceded already. Nobody doubts it. How should I look today, in the presence of you, dividing, and subdividing a discourse, to show that men have a natural right to freedom? To do so, would be to make myself ridiculous, and to offer an insult to your understanding.” - Paul Gilroy

3/10/2016 11:52:00 PM #11

As influence has the potential to earn us things which would typically cost money, will influence act as a tier system, similar to Kickstarter, or will it translate to a currency amount which we are free to spend? How are we gaining IP currently, and will that change?

http://i.imgur.com/RUFSA4O.gif

3/10/2016 11:53:24 PM #12

Inevitably someone will be unhappy they killed themselves fifty times in two weeks and permadied really fast, and will want a refund.

Will all sales be final on copies of the game and sparks of life, or will you entertain requests for refunds?

3/11/2016 2:13:27 AM #13

Will the KS have any physical items?

Is there a long-term business model you intend to transition to, which would be different to model the KS would imply?

3/11/2016 5:51:00 AM #14

Shut up and take my money?

3/11/2016 6:25:19 AM #15

This doesn't quite pertain to the business model itself, but would Soulbound Studios consider opening Patreon funding? :')