COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
One thing that worries me...

I LOVE the idea of this game. More so the Crafting and Building System. Its looking to be everything I've every wanted in a Crafting game (thought time will tell if those promises pan out or not)

One things that DOES worry me however, is the "Spark of Life" Concept. Now, I get the IDEA of it. The Why. But how I'm understanding it, is that the Spark of Life acts as both your Subscription and your Character's life. So what's stopping someone from say Killing some new player who just logged in, and making them lose the money they just put in the game without even doing anything?

Granted, I might be misunderstanding something here, but that seems like it could be VERY easy to abuse and keep players away ( which would be a huge shame, if this game turns out as good as it's looking)

8/24/2019 11:00:43 PM #1

Posted By Osamaru at

I LOVE the idea of this game. More so the Crafting and Building System. Its looking to be everything I've every wanted in a Crafting game (thought time will tell if those promises pan out or not)

One things that DOES worry me however, is the "Spark of Life" Concept. Now, I get the IDEA of it. The Why. But how I'm understanding it, is that the Spark of Life acts as both your Subscription and your Character's life. So what's stopping someone from say Killing some new player who just logged in, and making them lose the money they just put in the game without even doing anything?

Granted, I might be misunderstanding something here, but that seems like it could be VERY easy to abuse and keep players away ( which would be a huge shame, if this game turns out as good as it's looking)

you wouldn't die, not immediately

CDG* just knocks your soul out of your body temporarily(you would have to return to it), and you would lose some lifespan, someone greifing like that would have to put a bit of effort into actually killing you fully

now, even if that did happen, its not like they would get off scott free, if you got griefed in a settlement? contact the Mayor, if that doesn't work, let the count know

they would be outlawed immediately, we don't take kindly to griefers, if you run into someone like that, report it to the person running that domain

Also, theres no way to tell if you're an NPC or player unless you go out your way to make it known, so griefers wouldn't be able to tell the difference, how long do you think someone going on a murder spree would last? especially with how hard it is to actaully kill someone?

*Coupe de Grace, the act of killing someone in Elyria

Mayor of Gartalia, A short distance south of the Holy Capital of Victrovia, Melonia - Friend Code: 464345

8/24/2019 11:29:24 PM #2

Also you only loose a small amout of playtime when you are killed and then Coupe de Grace. it would be about 2 day out of your 14 months and then you cant lose any more for some amount of time after coming back

Friend Code: 6DEF22

8/24/2019 11:42:55 PM #3

Posted By NightTarot at 7:00 PM - Sat Aug 24 2019

Posted By Osamaru at

you wouldn't die, not immediately

CDG* just knocks your soul out of your body temporarily(you would have to return to it), and you would lose some lifespan, someone greifing like that would have to put a bit of effort into actually killing you fully

now, even if that did happen, its not like they would get off scott free, if you got griefed in a settlement? contact the Mayor, if that doesn't work, let the count know

they would be outlawed immediately, we don't take kindly to griefers, if you run into someone like that, report it to the person running that domain

Also, theres no way to tell if you're an NPC or player unless you go out your way to make it known, so griefers wouldn't be able to tell the difference, how long do you think someone going on a murder spree would last? especially with how hard it is to actaully kill someone?

*Coupe de Grace, the act of killing someone in Elyria

THat makes more sense then. Glad to see they thought that through.

8/24/2019 11:43:38 PM #4

Posted By HEGEMONZERO at 7:29 PM - Sat Aug 24 2019

Also you only loose a small amout of playtime when you are killed and then Coupe de Grace. it would be about 2 day out of your 14 months and then you cant lose any more for some amount of time after coming back

So there's a Grace period after dying? I.E. if you die, there's a period of time that even if you die again, You won't lose more time?

8/24/2019 11:49:50 PM #5

correct i forget how long may be an hour but that may be incorrect been a while since i read it

Friend Code: 6DEF22

8/25/2019 12:02:25 AM #6

An hour seems reasonable

8/25/2019 1:16:37 AM #7

Posted By HEGEMONZERO at 7:49 PM - Sat Aug 24 2019

correct i forget how long may be an hour but that may be incorrect been a while since i read it

Makes sense. A grace period like that would be important more so in something like a War scenario.

8/25/2019 4:16:37 AM #8

Some statements are in order that may make CoE easier to understand after the initial confusion they cause.

1. Your characters never disappear from the world after you log off. They become OPCs and act on whatever scripts you give them, so they are very similar to NPCs then.

2. Your new character will always start in a protected environment, either in a family home or in an orphanage.

3. The quintessential naked ganker of other MMOs is likely to be an endangered species, because it also has to spend time as an OPC, and has ever-increasing death penalties. No doubt there will be some who skill up to become exceptional gankers, but they will actually have to play the game to do so, and possibly would not be able to support themselves by victimizing only new weak characters.

8/25/2019 7:56:11 AM #9

Also there will be people who are specializing in bounty hunting greifers through the bounty token system that will be in play. So if someone does decide to be a deviant, they will also have to be constantly watching their backs which hopefully will be another level of deterrent.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

8/25/2019 9:12:27 PM #10

Hail Hey! The more I read, the more I like. I'm excited!

Be Well, And Safe On Your Journeys 2AF9B3?