COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
IP, Not Bloodline+, for KSV rewards

While I'm extremely excited for KSV, I'm fully disappointed that Marked Account and Ao's Coin, two items which have nothing to do with land, are only accessible to Gentry and beyond. I understand wanting to use a price point as the minimum reward access point, but it is insulting in a profoundly real-world way to say landed gentry get the goods and everyone else can go screw.

Make it a minimum IP to access the rewards. 1500, maybe 2000 even, seems reasonably fair. Users who don't care about beta access**, surname and coat of arms, a mule, a horse, and the right to own land, but want to ball out on battlecats and wagons, don't dangle a carrot that requires an extra expense. [[[Since I posted this, I upgraded a bit. Doesn't mean I don't want to see it changed!]]]

I'd even say give the EP voucher to requisite IP-holders who aren't Bloodline+, so if they upgrade after the sale (and met the minimum IP during the sale) they can still get the benefit of it.

From a financial perspective, anything that gets people to buy in is good. Going from the current pledge to the minimum IP for rewards will likely generate more sales than forcing Bloodline+ for access. Letting non-Bloodline folks have the offer to upgrade and access the EP gift after the sale can potentially generate more post-KSV purchases.

And yes I can see how it may seem like I'm putting the cart before the horse, that we are nowhere near the rewards in question. Let's be results oriented, let's pretend the sale will smash and exceed all goals.

**I'm an industry professional. If I didn't like the game and the team YOU would need to pay ME to check out your beta. :) Some users also don't want to be tempted by early beta because they know they'll burn out and quit before the game is even ready.

Reese "Legendary Neurotoxin" Holland - COE Reddit Mod - Game Dev, but not on CoE. Talkshow on https://www.twitch.tv/theoryforge on Sundays with the rest of the Theory Forge crew!

9/17/2019 1:45:52 AM #1

There was a time when talents were to be equally represented, which was part of the fun. Now the marked account item throws that sense of fair game out the window. Destiny of one's character simply drifts off into a game amongst the elites, and that's a shame.

9/17/2019 1:54:20 AM #2

I do agree that the Marked Account and Ao's coin should be available to everyone above a minimum spent amount (so we don't get a plague of illegal account traders making alts and loading them with goodies and marked accounts) as there really isn't a reason to restrict them to bloodline above only. But it has been a setting that i think sbs has ironed the kinks out of, the whole "have to have a certain package lvl" thing. so what's probably why they keep restricting to bloodline+

Then again this may have more to due with encouraging access to Exposition where people will be building the world up to be more vibrant and believable than random generation can get on it's own.

They're restricting things in a way that encourages people to buy the level that gets you access into exposition, this lets you set up a base of operations for your battle cats and wagons cause you're still going to need some place to stay and keep fed over the longest night with your critters.

A lot of this seems to be focusing on getting the leadership and small guild groups what they need before launch, Also nothing says this stuff is locked from trade latter in game so even if it's locked now doesn't mean you can't get it latter from someone in game.

Being normal is vastly overrated!

9/17/2019 2:08:08 AM #3

I feel like Bloodline+ should only have ever been used to restrict access to USING EP and land-ownership related items. I hadn't really thought about it much before, but it was a huge mistake to restrict anything to Bloodline+ instead of IP for any previous event rewards, because it put a clear-cut "spend at least X" target up that has nothing to do with land ownership, and not everyone wants to spend on Gentry-related stuff rather when a variety of smaller items specific to their gameplay would seem like a better choice to them. Changing it to an IP restriction does nothing to limit current Bloodline packs (1350 IP minimum then?) but opens the doors for players of different level of interest to buy in on the things they care about.

I actively refuse to hold land or title. The entire point of the paradigm of gameplay I intend to present is to be a wandering scholar, and once I present it, I expect other players will see it as a viable way to play. Edit: Okay I may have a place or two, but they're on the side, the road is my main home. :)

Reese "Legendary Neurotoxin" Holland - COE Reddit Mod - Game Dev, but not on CoE. Talkshow on https://www.twitch.tv/theoryforge on Sundays with the rest of the Theory Forge crew!

9/17/2019 2:38:58 AM #4

I agree especially with the vardo wagon being a thing that some people should be able to play as a wanderer and still get access to things that have nothing to do with tittles and land. This game might contain farming and crafting but As far as I know it's not supposed to be just a farm/craft simulator.

Note I am a count, and I welcome wandering tradesmen and adventurers into my town and county. I think there i a bit of value to having people be able to spread trade, news and gossip and players who want to have a vardo or two filled with stuff wandering around should still be able to buy things that don't require land ownership.

Being normal is vastly overrated!

9/17/2019 1:05:11 PM #5

Man the deep recesses of my mind are trying to remind me of something that happened with this back in 2016/17. I want to say something in the website was giving them trouble using specific IP number restrictions for the store.

It's such a blurry and vague memory, like trying to remember a song from 10 years ago but all you can do is hum the the first couple notes lol.

I agree though, if possible they should take the bloodline package cost and convert the restriction to the matching IP amount. Bloodline is like $135 correct? Then the IP limit would be 1,350.

I don't know anymore.

9/17/2019 1:12:23 PM #6

My friends who was gifted bloodline wouldn't be getting this reward if it was tied to IP, so someone would be losing out either way. It's not like they haven't bought anything, but they probably won't go hitting 1500 anytime soon.

I understand that some feel if you spent enough you should be entitled to such a reward, but it's nice if spending doesn't determine access to a reward every time. If you can afford that kinda IP you probably can afford the package upgrade anyway.

9/17/2019 8:59:08 PM #7

Good point! 1500 IP or Bloodline+ then.

Though I believe it makes little sense to limit Ao's Coin and Marked Account to them since everyone who buys anything is contributing to unlocking the reward. Th vast majority of players won't have any pre-launch event goods, I say make it rain for all early backers as a reward for even being here, paying attention, contributing, and throwing a few bucks in.

9/17/2019 9:14:24 PM #8

I have to concur. I have bloodline+ so I'm not worried about it, but if someone just wanted to be an adventurer, but bought a lot of EP so they could have a cottage somewhere and some gear, I don't see why their contributions to the game should be less meaningful for it. The baseline IP of 1750 or the account is a good way to go imo.

9/19/2019 8:05:21 PM #9

We are your betters, and you must realize this eventually.

9/19/2019 9:11:58 PM #10

Posted By AlterRoam at 10:05 PM - Thu Sep 19 2019

Pretentious, especially since you spent less than OP

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

9/19/2019 11:14:16 PM #11

Posted By zimmah at 4:11 PM - Thu Sep 19 2019

Posted By AlterRoam at 10:05 PM - Thu Sep 19 2019

Pretentious, especially since you spent less than OP

It doesn't matter how much I spent, all that matters is the title. I mean you do realize the entire point of having landed gentry is that they are your betters? Like how it was historically?

How is it SBS' problem that having a higher title wasn't his priority? When obviously higher title = more privileges?

Just sayin.

9/20/2019 2:33:03 AM #12

I have to say in general I'm not a fan of Marked Accounts idea. I feel like it kind of goes again their original statement that talents wouldn't be given through money but through story/randomness-at least that how I understood it. Beyond this, I do not think either Marked or Ao's Coin shouldn't be locked behind the bloodline package as others have pointed out they don't have anything to do with the ownership of land. If people contribute then they should earn the same reward.

9/20/2019 4:37:01 AM #13

Posted By AlterRoam at 4:14 PM - Thu Sep 19 2019

It doesn't matter how much I spent, all that matters is the title. I mean you do realize the entire point of having landed gentry is that they are your betters? Like how it was historically?

Heh, no it means they were fucking privileged! :D

9/20/2019 6:13:52 AM #14

Posted By jonnyz at 2:14 PM - Tue Sep 17 2019

I have to concur. I have bloodline+ so I'm not worried about it, but if someone just wanted to be an adventurer, but bought a lot of EP so they could have a cottage somewhere and some gear, I don't see why their contributions to the game should be less meaningful for it. The baseline IP of 1750 or the account is a good way to go imo.

Right now, it is not possible for anyone below Bloodline to purchase EP.

9/20/2019 6:09:18 PM #15

Posted By Poldano at 11:13 PM - Thu Sep 19 2019

Posted By jonnyz at 2:14 PM - Tue Sep 17 2019

Right now, it is not possible for anyone below Bloodline to purchase EP.

Not for keeps, though influence is still accrued to the purchaser, not the recipient.

I could offer EP to my expected local leadership to have them set me up a custom parcel for just a couple hundred EP, or plop in a legendary sword for 10k EP. In that way, an adventurer can buy EP, but its use will be on the honor system.