COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Aging & Body Dynamics Video Preview

In this technical preview Soulbound Studios shows off Aging & Body Dynamics in their upcoming MMORPG, Chronicles of Elyria.

Character aging is a core mechanic of the game as aging and eventually dying contributes heavily to the dynamic and immersive feeling of the world. As well, the system isn't just cosmetic. As your character ages their physical attributes begin to atrophy and are harder to maintain, while your mental and some social skills become easier to develop.

In this video, a character ages from 25 to 75 years old. This process normally takes approximately 7 months, but has been radically sped up to showcase the gradual transition in a more obvious way.

In addition to the aging system the video showcases the Body Dynamics feature. In Chronicles of Elyria, character customization doesn't end with character creation. Instead, it continues after you enter the world based on how you play your character. As a result, a baker, barkeep, blacksmith, librarian, alchemist, or champion will all look visibly different to reflect their chosen profession.

This is necessary for the survival mechanics inherent in Chronicles of Elyria. If you're walking along on a deserted highway and a heavy-set woman approaches with an apron hanging from her neck and a ladle in her belt, you're probably pretty safe. But if a muscular, lean-looking fellow approaches with chain mail on his head and two blades on his hips, chances are good he knows how to use them.

This all serves to remind people that everyone in Chronicles of Elyria is a potential ally, as well as a potential enemy. The questions is...

Will you follow a path of virtue... or something darker?

Chronicles of Elyria - Aging & Body Dynamics Tech Preview

4/27/2016 9:36:42 PM #1

Great stuff! Now let's see a video showing a female aging. Sauce for the gander is sauce for the goose!

4/27/2016 11:01:41 PM #2

It would be nice to see the aging process when they werent walking. It gets a little hard to focus on it. So maybe that could come along as well as a female aging process?

4/28/2016 11:57:09 AM #3

That is a very nice video. So exciting to see the aging feature in action, can not wait to play the game.

4/28/2016 5:34:27 PM #4

When I saw all this stuff and read about the game I thought it already existed. I am so disappointed to find out it does not. Is there an ETA for release?

4/29/2016 3:32:15 AM #5

I'm a big fan of the "little things" in video games, so I think its cool how they added the jiggle physics to the body fat.

5/1/2016 2:57:13 PM #6

Now I want to be fat just so I can shake me belly while holding a beer. HO HO HO HO

Elenion

5/3/2016 12:53:20 AM #7

| If I remember correctly, I heard in an interview from 2 months ago that they were roughly looking at a 18 months dev plan.

The sage acts, the fool reacts. The wave is the ocean... but the ocean is not the wave.

5/3/2016 12:55:40 AM #8

How amazing if after a tough or important battle, your character could "earn" a scar. Alike general's medals.

The sage acts, the fool reacts. The wave is the ocean... but the ocean is not the wave.

5/9/2016 3:50:41 AM #9

This game will revolutionize how games are made and played. High hopes and expectations. Very good so far!

5/9/2016 3:38:16 PM #10

Can we get fat if we eat too much?????

That would be sick!!

5/10/2016 2:33:18 PM #11

Woah, looks amazing! I am so excited to see more of this =)

5/10/2016 2:33:35 PM #12

That made me laugh xD

7/14/2016 10:06:01 AM #13

It really does look great but i would like to know how fast do the changes in ones physique come say if one only eats and no exercise how fast will he get fatter

7/15/2016 7:22:19 AM #14

wow great idea

7/26/2016 2:42:22 AM #15

so cool

yo