COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN FICTION & ROLEPLAYING
Create your story...

Hey all, so as we're approaching the $600,000 mark of the Kickstarter, I wanted to do something to kind of appreciate what everyone is doing for this dream. As such, I am looking for some characters... I am looking for you to create your ideal character, someone that you want to play, within reasonable context. IE) not everyone can be a king, etc.

Now, what I need from you guys, is to create theses characters for me, and to do so.... I've set up a little template!

Name:
Profession:
Height:
Best Skill:
Alignment:
Defining Characteristics:
Lone Wolf/Charismatic:
Any Other Pertinent Info:

With this information, I hope to create a backstory for your characters that you can enjoy. Hopefully I can capture the essence of what you're aiming for, and weave a wonderful little tale :)

Hello there.

5/7/2016 10:04:37 PM #1

Name: Ferron Age: 26 Gender: Male Profession: Weaponsmith Location: City - Trade Hub Weight: 90 kg Height: 1.89m Best Skill: Smithing Alignment: Lawful Neutral Defining Characteristics: Toned body with some muscle in it, Square-ish face, grunt-looking, deep voice, not dumb. Lone Wolf/Charismatic: Lone Wolf Any Other Pertinent Info: Not shy but silent, open when in a group of trusted people. Hates ilogic and nonsensical things.

This is a character I already made a story of, but you offered yourself. So work for me! >:D

5/7/2016 10:11:23 PM #2

Name: Aika

Profession: Alchemist, Herbalist, Tinker

Weight: 90kg

Height: 1,80m -1,90m

Best Skill: Alchemy, Herbalism, Tinker

Alignment: Neutral

Defining Characteristics: White like the Moon (Is there even a moon?) and bright as the sun

Lone Wolf/Charismatic: Sly Fox, Likes the Night

5/7/2016 10:24:41 PM #3

Name: Sil Eberos (My PC but gonna use a different last name xD dont want someone stealing mine)

Profession: Alchemist

Weight: 170lbs

Height: 6' 0"

Best Skill: Medical Chemistry

Alignment: Neutral

Defining Characteristics:

• Born with white hair

• Fair skinned

• Knowledge Seeker - Magic/Ancients

• Enjoys expressing the knowledge he knows - some times bordering on annoying.

• Optimistic

• Non-physically aggressive

• Seeks challenges and unknowns

Lone Wolf/Charismatic: Very Charismatic, Gentlemen-like

Any Other Pertinent Info:

• Count Nobel

• County of Bastion

• Runs an Alchemy Business out of the port city

• Sells poisons/medical elixirs

5/7/2016 10:28:47 PM #4

Alright! You three are saved on my desktop and in que for the stories!

Hello there.

5/7/2016 10:35:20 PM #5

Name:Ketoth windchaser Age:early 20's Gender:male Profession:cartographer, diplomat and explorer extraordinaire Location:wherever the roads take him Weight:75kg Height:1.8m Best Skill:cartography and politics Alignment:lawful neutral, borderline good

Defining Characteristics:mostly silent but extremely talkative when amongst friends, bit of an oddball and dislikes being stuck in one task for long, takes a liking to energetic people and those with sharp minds

Lone Wolf/Charismatic: doesn't mind solitude and preffers it to the company of fools but quite charismatic in the presence of those be respects

Any Other Pertinent Info: nag me in irc if ya need more data ann

5/7/2016 10:36:07 PM #6

I look forward to seeing your work<3

When I graduate after this week Im hoping I can write some of my own for myself and possible others :)

5/7/2016 11:24:26 PM #7

Phew, here ya go Ferron. I'm a little braindead from work, but I hope you enjoy :)

"Damned insects.." A man mutters as he walks down the bustling city streets. He continues on his trek home, swatting bugs as he hurries along, taking care to avoid the merchant carts scattered through the street. A burlap sack thrown over one shoulder, resting across his broad back clinks with the sound of metal against metal. People yelling out their wares in a desperate attempt to gain capital... Not his style. Annoyance flickers across his face as he observes a squabble in front of a merchant's stall. A local orphan had tried to steal food. Well, it wasn't his problem. The laws are in place for a reason. If you steal there are consequences and this child, well she had to learn the hard way.

It wasn't that he was cold-hearted, it's just that it didn't make sense to him. There were various apprenticeships in the city, and an orphan could easy learn a trade. Yet, some still chose to steal and put themselves at risk for no reason. Hell, if an orphan came to him and asked to work at his smithy, he would gladly take one on, work had been booming with the expected war coming up. He didn't have enough hands to do all the work himself. People came to him from far and wide looking for quality weapons. Merchants looking for his blades to sell in far off lands, the town guard recently commissioned 30 short blades, and he even had a request for a ceremonial dagger come in from the church. It was almost too much for him to handle...Almost.

While he was still a young man, his father had taken him under his wing and began practicing the way of the sword. This young boy had grown infatuated at the very moment he laid his hands on a blade. His muscles screamed with joy with every swing, every clash held a story, and he could almost feel the energy that was poured into the weapons he held. It got to the point where he felt he developed an intimate relationship with every weapon he picked up. Seeing the joy just holding a weapon gave his son, his father approached the local Weaponsmith and asked him to take his son as an apprentice. He had recognized that while his son was a talented swordsman, his love for the blade would make him an even better smith.

And so the years passed, and we come back to the present, where Ferron is on his way home from the market, slapping insects away from his face, and observing the various actions that take place in a busy city. The walk home never failed to entertain. Someone was always angry, and often the guard had to be brought in to settle matters. This worked well for him, as it helped provide advertisement for his store.

Continuing along the street, he finally reaches his home. Home for Ferron was not a place to rest, or even relax, but a place that he could devote himself to the path of the smith. He had a large forge set up on one section, and a beautifully wrought anvil in another, with his tools carefully laid out for easy reach. Yes, this was home for him.

Setting his pack down, he begins to stretch out his muscles, preparing himself for his next project. He finishes his stretch, then moves over to the forge, building up the heat so he can begin the process. Today, he was going to create a greatsword that he had been putting off for too long. They were annoying to make being large and cumbersome, but the profit would provide him with enough to finally afford better tools. This was his life, his passion! From the day that he began his apprenticeship, he had known this life was for him. It was if the metals spoke to him telling him exactly what they wanted to be, and how to make it happen.

Just as he reaches for his materials, he hears all the bells in the city begin to peal. He stops dead still and listens intently. That sound.... No!

Hello there.

5/7/2016 11:37:28 PM #8

Name: Pleasaan "The Pale" Pallesque Age: 34 Gender: Male Profession: Bard/Scientist Location: A small town by the name of Austone Weight: 150 pounds. Height: 5'11 Best Skill: Research Alignment: Chaotic Neutral Defining Characteristics: Pale and gaunt, very moody and analytic. Doesn't play well with others unless they entertain his sense of discovery and art. Lone Wolf/Charismatic: Charismatic, but also off-putting. Any Other Pertinent Info: He studies people and digs up bodies, but he turns the corpses into instruments once he finishes studying them.

5/7/2016 11:39:06 PM #9

I have no words to describe how good that is, are you a writer by any chance? This was impeccable. I could make out the moments of every sentence in my mind with no problem.

I love reading novels and the like more than i should, and im picky on how well they are written. My brain is like a movie generator and what gives it the graphics, sfx, sound, everything, are words; think of me as a Simon Cowell for this stuff. That little backstory you made there, is 10/10 and hell I want more.

I'm not even sure I want to try continuing it fearing it won't be as good as the story you made there, which will probably happen. You could try doing this in Wattpad, seriously.

5/8/2016 1:14:01 AM #10

Light from the 3 moons dances across the surface of the lake, weaving a tale intertwined with the ripples moving across the water. Next to the lake a tall figure sits, staring out in to the distance oblivious to the natural beauty surrounding her. A deep sigh escapes her lips as she reaches up to brush a strand of hair from her face. She looks up to the First Moon and smiles. As the light hits her face, her skin begins to glow with a gentle radiance. White as the Moons themselves she had an unearthly beauty about her, it almost seemed as if in that moment, if you were to reach out and touch her, she would disappear. As if she had been a figment of an overactive imagination.

The smile left her face as she raised herself up. Reaching down, she brushed off the dirt that had clung to her dress, and began walking away from the lake. Gathering up the bag she had left on the ground, she reached in and pulled out a small vial. Grimacing, she uncorked it and downed the contents in one swift motion. The smell that came from the vial was putrid, and the taste... Well there is nothing that can be said to describe that horror.

Putting the vial back into a different pouch, she begins her trek back home. Hopping across rivers, wading through meadows thick with foliage, and evading the more dangerous parts of the forest with only the light from the moons as her guide, she finally reaches her destination.

She now stands close to a very large tree. It is what many would call a "World Tree" in lore. Roots as large around as a full grown Mann, bark tougher than steel, and leaves that could easily hide your face. Setting her pack down yet again, she begins to search around the roots of the tree. Frustration marrs her face as she struggles to find her prey, then she laughs in exaltation as she spots it. A lone mushroom, no larger than her small finger partially hidden under one of the roots.

She dashes back to her pack, grabs a small metal instrument, and returns to her prize, crouching down and ever so carefully moving closer. The metal piece proves to be a contraption of sorts that latches onto the stem of the mushroom gently. Letting go, she pulls out another object. This one appears to be made out of wood, and with this she begins to carefully excavate the area around the mushrooms, exposing its glistening roots. Working carefully at this, she spends around an hour just clearing the area, at points pausing to brush off the tiniest insect that works its way towards the mushroom roots, looking for an easy meal. At last, she sets aside her wooden instrument, grips the metal one, and pulls up.

The mushroom comes free without a problem. Giddy with excitement, she takes great care in securing it in her vial safely. Once protected, she shouts in joy. An incredibly rare ingredient, this mushroom was a key part in many of her experiments, and she had only successfully obtained two before, of much lesser quality. With this... She could do wonders.

Rushing to her things, she grabs her pack, and sets off once again. Looking up into the sky, she realizes that a new light has started to appear... the sun was rising! Panic floods her being as she rushes forward. She could not be allowed to be out in the sun, that was unthinkable. The last time she had done so, she had almost been blinded by the light!

Crashing through the brush, pain flares through her thigh. Looking down, she notices a rip in her robe, gritting her teeth, she pushes on. With a final push, she breaks through and spots a small depression in the face of a hill. Yes! She made it home! Rushing up to the entrance, she ducks inside, and pushes forward. It's narrow, dark, and cold, it makes her instantly feel safe and comfortable. With the little light left from outside, she reaches for a small box stored safely by the entrance. Inside, she finds a set of 6 vials and several rags. Grabbing a vial, she wraps the top in a rag, turns it upside down and opens it, allowing the contents to pout all over the rag. a slow glow begins to emanate from the rag, growing brighter with every second it's exposed to the air. Placing the empty vial with all her others, she continues her walk. Going forward, the cave begins to widen out, going further down with every step. After a few minutes of steady walking, she reaches a large cavern. Ahhh yes, home at last.

Approaching a table laden with vials and various instruments, she places her prize with the others, revelling in how lucky her day had been. At that moment she felt a sharp pain and remembered about her little run in with nature. She reached into her pack and brought out yet another small box. Opening it, she saw various small containers and vials, though she knew instantly which one she needed. Grabbing a smaller container, placed it on a nearby table and began undressing. Laying her robe across a the table as well, she pulled down her trousers and examined the wound. The skin was red and flushed around the abrasion, and small black lines stretched outward...

Of all the things... She had been cut by one of the native plants in the area. It was a small shrub that exuded a slow acting poison. Often if you found wildlife dead for no reason for out in the country, it was due to this plant. Thankfully, she had long learnt how to deal with such matters. Taking her container, she scooped a portion into her fingers and began smoothing it over the wound, taking care not to waste any. As the concoction entered her bloodstream, it began to numb the pain, and provide a gentle warming sensation. Putting the lid back on the container, she finished undressing and went over to her bed. Before laying down, she picked up a small wooden trinket she had resting on her nightstand. She raised it to her lips and kissed it, running her fingers across the small name engraved on the back. "Aika" was what it read. This was a nightly routine for her, and not one day since it had come into her possession had she skipped it. She then set it back down and crawled into bed, falling into a deep slumber.

Hello there.

5/8/2016 5:31:03 AM #11

Name:Rakesh Shadowborn

Profession:Ranger/Bard (Herbalism, skinning, carpentry, scribe, cartography, cooking, Instrument playing(lute), ancient language study)

Weight:165lbs.

Height: 5'10"

Best Skill: Cartography

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Defining Characteristics: Raven black hair, kept just past shoulder length, usually tied into a ponytail when traveling. Keeps a beard closely trimmed. Moderately deep, projectionate, voice.

Lone Wolf/Charismatic: Lone wolf, yet devilishly charming.

Any Other Pertinent Info: Born as a ward of the state, he grew up with an itch to see the world, to be able to provide for his family, and with an ambition to make any adult cringe, shake their heads, and hopelessly smile at his enthusiasm he set off to try to become a baron.

If it has walked these lands, I can track it. If it hasn't, I will find it anyway.

A3D6FD

5/8/2016 5:34:41 AM #12
  • Your writing is very impressive, it's nice of you to volunteer to do this!

• Name: Nero "Lightning" Lynx

• Profession: Strategist, Assassin, Alchemist.
  • Weight: 110 lbs
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Best Skill: Master of the Twin Sword Style.
  • Alignment: Neutral, Outlaw.
  • Defining Characteristics: Appears very young and beautiful for a male, with piercing eyes, and white hair pushed straight back.
  • Lone Wolf/Charismatic: Very charismatic, but chooses to do most things alone so that his friends don't die for him.
  • Any Other Pertinent Info: Completely devoted to the Sword his entire life, "the Way" encompassing his entire worldview. Seeks enlightenment through defeating hundreds of other martial artists and duelists.

Trying to learn the forum codes to make line breaks hang on

5/8/2016 5:50:48 AM #13

Name: Elias Ravenwell

Profession:Blacksmith

Weight:256lb

Height:6'5

Best Skill: Swordsmithing

Alignment:Chaotic Neutral

Defining Characteristics

()Medium Length brown beard with a little singe from the fire

()Burn marks on his arm from his early blacksmithing career

()Brown short hair

Lone Wolf/Charismatic:Charismatic, though since he looks rough it takes a minute for people to warm up to him.

Any Other Pertinent Info: He usually has near him a locket with a picture/drawing of his wife and child that he left back in their home village to gain money in a wealthy city like Alras.

(Hope its enough for you to work with, good luck.)

5/8/2016 6:21:21 AM #14

Holy moley, Ann - you're great! I can't resist. Here is my Malaw - she's my WOW character of ten years, but she'll be fairly new here.

Name: Malaw McKenna

Profession: Baker/Tinker?

Weight: 133lb

Height: 5'4"

Best Skill: Baking

Alignment: Good, but by no means perfect

Defining Characteristics: Loves everyone and can't understand anyone who hates.

Lone Wolf/Charismatic: She loves family, but is just as likely to be out alone exploring or experimenting.

Any Other Pertinent Info: Likes girls, but doesn't broadcast the fact. Tends to nose into other people's business - always for their own good, of course. :-)

5/8/2016 5:36:53 PM #15

Name: Genji Adatari (GEN-SHI AH-DAH-TAH-DI)

Profession: Vagabond (Ronin), former Shizoku*

Weight: 180 llbs

Height: 6'1

Best Skill: Swordsmanship

Alignment: Chaotic-Good, follows a broken** code of honor.

Defining Characteristics: Asian-foreigner type character; similar to a samurai from a distant land. Black, flowing hair and a quiet demeanor. Lone Wolf/Charismatic: Very taciturn, but also very tenacious. He is always at conflict with himself and morals, leading him to at times, break the creed of honor he believes in so that he may do what is right.

*Shizoku: Samurai Nobility

**System of Honor: Adatari comes from a land where warriors of nobility follow a code of honor that involves helping those in need, doing what is right, and mercilessly killing those who disgrace or challenge them. Unfortunately, this code of honor caused an incident in Adatari's life where his he was faced in a duel against his best friend, Kazuka, who had disgraced his honor. Because Adatari could not kill his best friend out of lingering emotional attachments, he was forever shunned by those around him and cast out of his family, left to wander the distant lands until he found Elyria, where he would create a new path for himself.