COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Will the world be round or flat?
+3

Will the world be round or flat?

I searched once again and did not find an answer to this question on these forums.

Through the travail of ages, midst the pomp and toil of war have I fought and strove and perished countless times before So as through a glass, and dimly, the age long strife I see - for I've fought in many guises, many names, but always me.

1/12/2017 5:19:25 AM #46
+0

It will probably be round, but it might be a Truncated icosahedron.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1/12/2017 9:32:07 AM #47
+0

Posted By chrizz996 at 02:42 AM - Wed Dec 07 2016

I think it will be round since if you look at the map you'll see at the bottom a little land popping up around the edge which will probably be new land that we discover as we play, though dont take my word for it its just wishful thinking on my part! / /^+^\ \

Posted By GonXavier at 04:01 AM - Wed Dec 07 2016

I think it will look square at start since we wouldn't be able to sail at sea until someone research big ships... Also they said it will be possible to discover uncharted places... so maybe it will take a while till someone discover the world is round

Just to point out. Being able to discover new land isn't proof that a land is round. Travelling in one direction until making your way back to your original location is. Discovering the "new world" didn't prove Columbus right that the world was round. It could of been just as possible for the edge of the flat Earth to be located on the other side of the American continent for what anyone knew until Magellan circumnavigated the globe.

If Elyria is flat it could still be possible for us to to travel out and discover may new lands before hitting that edge.

Friend Code: 13665E - Ursaphant Rider Backer/Astronomer Layaway - Road Wanderer and potential Mayoress - APAC Server

1/15/2017 5:48:17 AM #48
+0

I hope it's flat, just because it'll remind me of the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.

1/15/2017 6:36:32 AM #49
+0

I hope it's round... Will make sea combat and invasions so much more interesting.