COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
There hasnt been a developer journal about the survival elements

As the title says, I'd really like to hear about survival in this game.

If you don't eat, you die. That's how it works in our world, and in my opinion it's how it should work in Elyria.

Given that I'm very interested in playing a survivalist/explorer/outlander, I would really appreciate a dev journal to help clarify what the mechanics involved will be.

1/17/2017 1:29:46 AM #1

To be fair, there are quite a lot of important topics that haven't been covered in DJs yet. Combat, Land Selection, an in-depth look at character mechanics in general. Though I agree, some deeper information on the survival mechanics would be nice.

1/17/2017 4:30:27 AM #2

there is a developer journal about if remember correct

1/17/2017 4:37:56 AM #3

There was a Q&A with Caspian last January bout food and drink and how it'll affect the game...

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/General-Discussion/1823-Chronicles-of-Elyria-QA-for-Jeromy-Walsh

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

1/17/2017 5:08:26 PM #4

Please point me to it.

There was a Q&A with Caspian last January bout food and drink and how it'll affect the game...

Umm... Caspian didn't participate in that thread. Those are all just players answering and a lot of it is speculation. It's not reliable information.

1/17/2017 6:59:18 PM #5

Posted By Shuerpiola at 09:08 AM - Tue Jan 17 2017

Please point me to it.

Umm... Caspian didn't participate in that thread. Those are all just players answering and a lot of it is speculation. It's not reliable information.

It's from the Q&A with Caspian and it's the closest we have to food and drink so far.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

1/17/2017 7:33:24 PM #6

There is a lot about how equipment impacts survival in the developer journal on Equipment and Inventory.

We also know from the Game Guide that our characters vitality is made up of a combination of factors such as health, fatigue, hunger and thirst so all those factors affect your survivability. Though from the developers journal on Kingdoms and Land Management that having wells and taverns in your settlement will prevent people from dying of hunger or thirst in those settlements, so survival is something that is a bigger concern out in the wilds. Though of course you do still need make sure your tavern has access to food in order to get that benefit.

I think that clarifies a lot of the various mechanics to the sort of level that can be expected. There have also been a lot of answers about survival in the various Q&As but without knowing what interests you in particular I am not sure which Ines to direct you to. I can suggest This Awesome Site that allows you to search the older Q&As though.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

1/18/2017 12:14:15 AM #7

All in due time.