COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
isn't this a fantasy mmorpg?

if it is then i haven't seen any mention of the fantastical races.. ie: lizard people, elves, fairies, dwarves, cat people, etc... and is there gonna be dragons? taming and riding dragons would be great... as well as having house dragons, you know to light fires and candles and stuff? taming creatures as mounts and for pets and for food would be great! let me know if any of this is appealing, maybe some could be for later expansions?

1/29/2017 6:00:02 PM #1

You don't think a phoenix, vampires, liches, werewolves, Demons, or giant, carnivorous rabbits are fantasy?

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

1/29/2017 6:21:08 PM #2

yes, they are, but i only see humans as playable races, and i don't think its fair for them to be the ONLY playable race in a game... not a fantasy game anyhow... this was just an idea, and a bit of a complaint by someone who loves fantasy...

1/29/2017 6:39:53 PM #3

It is a low fantasy game though and it will gradually have more and more fantasy elements over time. If a game is fantasy, it doesn't immediately mean that it has a WoW of Skyrim level of fantasy.

1/29/2017 6:51:58 PM #4

hmmm.... yes but playable races should be with the launch of a game.... the other ideas like i said could be an expansion....

1/29/2017 7:04:48 PM #5

Posted By K1T73N at 10:51 AM - Sun Jan 29 2017

hmmm.... yes but playable races should be with the launch of a game.... the other ideas like i said could be an expansion....

They really shouldnt. as most non human races are derived through magic. as magic is supposed to be extremely rare almost non existant in this game i think non mann races should never be playable.

1/29/2017 7:12:17 PM #6

Posted By SirGalahad at 11:04 AM - Sun Jan 29 2017

Posted By K1T73N at 10:51 AM - Sun Jan 29 2017

They really shouldnt. as most non human races are derived through magic. as magic is supposed to be extremely rare almost non existant in this game i think non mann races should never be playable.

Agreed. Also, it being Low-Fantasy by choice means all of the high fantasy races that Kit73n is looking for are not a part of this world. Just like Magic isn't something you can just choose to have in this game. There won't be races to select, nor will their be set classes to select either.

1/29/2017 7:22:52 PM #7

oh, what about the vampires and werewolves then? they are derived through magic as well... so why not other races?

1/29/2017 7:23:42 PM #8

i'm not looking for them per se, just curious now...

1/29/2017 7:32:52 PM #9

Those will come about just like magic, you have to be born with the trait on your character (its something like a 5% chance to be born with a trait) and then from there you have to basically stumble upon completing the steps to unlock the trait (which is basically a crapshoot). Though, for vampires..it might just end up that you come across one and get bit and turn into one. You won't be able to just create your character and choose 'I want to be a Werewolf' or Vampire.

1/29/2017 7:33:26 PM #10

I would truly HATE to see dragons or any flyable creature for that matter, unless you're a wizard. Then it might be okay to have some sort of flying creature. Just as long as not everybody has access to it, only the extremely lucky minority.

1/29/2017 8:17:53 PM #11

Posted By K1T73N at 10:22 PM - Sun Jan 29 2017

oh, what about the vampires and werewolves then? they are derived through magic as well... so why not other races?

There are fantasty elements for Chronicles of Elyria like people gave examples of(there are many more btw). What you are missing though, its quite rare and thats why people call it low-fantasy. Which is good thing actually especially for fantasy lovers like me, you and many others. For example it would be boring or "pointless" I should say, to see werewolfs and vampires everywhere. But now! When you see one you will get suprised and maybe if you can become one you will go mad, as much as like dropping very rare item or achieving first place at tournament. Rare and few fantasy is way better than 1532837 mage, werewolf or talking cat-mans(lol) running across the country. Quality before quantity.

[EU] [House Wolvendale]

1/29/2017 8:19:39 PM #12

Read the dev journals, watch all the videos and then you'll understand.

1/29/2017 9:04:47 PM #13

It is a lower fantasy MMO. Where you are right there is only one race, that of MANN, there will be representations of the other classic characters. By that I mean there will be shorter stocky characters that work in Mines and taller and thinner characters that live in the forests, It will depend on the region in which they were born. If you can get past them all being of one race, then the rest of the game will represent a classic MMO, including bonuses based on region.

Being a lower fantasy game, there will not be Dragons or Magic that we know of. How there will be fantasy elements such as unique animals with their own traits, definitely interesting mounts and the ability to tunnel and build underground which, to my knowledge, is highly unique. Where it is true it is a lower level survival mmo, there will be plenty of fantasy elements and uniqueness to satisfy most players.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

1/29/2017 9:33:49 PM #14

I think a large part of the appeal of this game was it's low fantasy setting. Though things like werewolves, magic users or liches might exist, they will be incredibly rare. Approximately 5% of bodies will have a hidden talent. Of those 5%, may may never trigger the right conditions for their talent to become evident. Let's suppose 25% of them manage to reveal their talent.

Of those with talents, there may be a wide spread, some more common than others, and some more minor in nature.

Let's suppose you were interested in werewolves. It may be that 2% of talent holders are werewolves. We're now looking at 5% * 25% * 2% = 0.025% (or 1 in 4,000 people). there's a distinct possibility the condition will be very rare to transmit, and also the risk that death will result on loss of soul, so it's unlikely to be popular, and even less likely to be common.

1/29/2017 9:34:29 PM #15

thank you all for the feedback, it was interesting to see others opinions and informational for me....