COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Umm...

Can you have a heavy impact on the game with out buying anything?

PLAM

1/31/2017 5:04:33 AM #1

im gunna ask you to expand on your question so i can better answer you =D!

Alt text - can be left blank

1/31/2017 6:35:57 AM #2

CoE, in general terms, will be made by the players. The Devs have stated that they wanted to give the players the tools they need and stand back and see where it goes. Yes, that does mean that each server will develop differently from one another, which I guess can be both good and bad. So with limited quests giving by NPCs and almost everything is in the hands of the players I would say CoE will definitely be player driven

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

1/31/2017 7:07:41 AM #3

CoE will be a very deep sandbox MMORPG game. Most if not all the content will be made by the players for the players. NPC quests will be given because the NPC actually needs something not because it is a random NPC quest giver.

Very few games that say they are sandbox actually are truly sandbox. This will be one of them that can truly claim to be a sandbox game with the Devs creating the tools and the players creating the story, drama and content.

3/7/2017 8:19:09 AM #4

I doubt it's going to be pay-to-win, if that's what you're asking. It seems that "winning" will really depend on which play style you decide to go with, and looking at the store I doubt there will be many options to pay your way ahead.

ayy lmao

3/9/2017 5:30:34 PM #5

Money can make you baron/duke/king but that's only true before the game is released. After the release, you can't buy any position.

Of course, being e.g. a king will make you more impactful rather than common folks. But imo, the real purpose of the game, is to make a good story. Because of this, even if you become a king, if you are average, you don't contribute so much to a good story, and people will remember you as a "meh" king. On the other hand, if you are a peasant and you manage to pave your way to nobility, this could create a more interesting story, and people will aspire you for your feat.

So yeah, it really depends on what your goals are.

Region: Europe

3/9/2017 5:37:07 PM #6

The only thing you really need to buy to impact the game is a spark of life.

3/27/2017 6:59:34 PM #7

Is it really worth it to buy a pregame title? I have trust issues with presales...

3/27/2017 7:02:44 PM #8

Posted By xega78 at 11:59 AM - Mon Mar 27 2017

Is it really worth it to buy a pregame title? I have trust issues with presales...

only you can be the judge of that

technically anybody who starts as a peasant can become a king

realistically with 6 kings and 100,000 players at game start (loose figures for ease of example), not even 0.01% of the player population will experience being a king

3/27/2017 8:06:59 PM #9

Anything can be lost or stolen, people can lose their titles and people without titles can earn them. Buying the titles now just gets you that title at the start, it is very possible we will all lose our titles during or after the first life. I backed as high as I did due to my love of the concept of this game in the hopes of making it a reality. Will I actually be good at being a mayor? I will try my best to make the town prosperous, but who knows, a natural disaster may hit the town or a war may start. There is an appealing aspect of uncertainty to this game.

Xuerou Wyvernwood Mayoress of Imbrium Ridge Kingdom of Ashland Duchy of Fioralba