COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Poll] What religion will you follow?

I know not much has been said about them, but what side of the inquisitions, crusades, and meme-wars will you be on?

https://strawpoll.com/8f8s265

Information on the religions here

3/24/2017 3:43:15 AM #16

Im an atheist dont know about yiu guys but i think greek mythology and magic can be pretty cool. I think people are bringing real life into this too much and not even glancing at the atheist option.

3/24/2017 3:50:25 AM #17

Posted By Reikan at 1:29 PM - Fri Mar 24 2017

Who cares about dislikes. The bonuses wont matter. They will only help you do religious things. Atheism probably gives the same buffs. If you want there to be any magical element surely it would make sense to accept religion being in the game. If you don't want religion then become a witch hunter that would still be a part of the story line you wouldn't be missing anything you just have a different goal. These are fantasy religions or "mythologies" you don't have to play like they are all forms of Christianity.

The dislikes themselves don't bother me, it just makes me feel like I shouldn't even bother helping with the replies I give here and there if people are just giving me digital 'fuck you's for it. Might as well just troll.

In regard to my comments, it has nothing to do with an aversion to real life religion. It just seems to me that religious aspects in CoE will be key to engaging with the story, and honestly I just don't find religious themes interesting in games. I don't want to go into it too in depth here because it will just be a wall of text, but yeah, I don't really like the way they are doing religion.

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.

3/24/2017 3:58:00 AM #18

"other degenerate cults"

You will all be judged by Sanguinis when the time has come.

And so will this biased-af poll.

3/24/2017 4:48:26 AM #19

Posted By Sanguinesh Eviscerator at 5:38 PM - Thu Mar 23 2017

Posted By Themata at 8:15 PM - Thu Mar 23 2017

Preferably none, but I get the feeling we won't really have a choice which does annoy me a little.

Agreed - dealing with religious beliefs in life is bad enough, would be nice to see an mmo like this without them. But I also accept that it will add a bit more depth and options to the game-play.

Might be fun to create a group with the sole purpose of wiping all religion from the face of Elyria ...

OP should've added, "Anti-theist degeneracy".

3/24/2017 4:53:50 AM #20

To clarify I have no issue with religion being in the game, or even religion having a strong storyline that people can dedicate their entire game time to (ie. becoming a priest, monk or acolyte). What I do have an issue with is that religion seems to be THE storyline of CoE. So in other words, yeah, we can be a blacksmith or a ranger and have fun being part of the world, but if we want to get involved with the progression of the core story that unfolds in the world we will have to get involved in religion.

That irks me. Imagine if aside from being whatever character you wanted to roleplay as you HAD to be a farmer, because the whole storyline of the world revolved around farming.

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.

3/24/2017 5:21:17 AM #21

There is an option missing in that list. I will likely follow whatever religion my locale/tribe/family/character is already following when I takeover that character. If there is a choice I'll likely choose the one that makes the most sense for my character, whatever or whoever they end up being.

Imgur Imgur

3/24/2017 5:39:41 AM #22

Posted By Themata at 2:53 PM - Fri Mar 24 2017

To clarify I have no issue with religion being in the game, or even religion having a strong storyline that people can dedicate their entire game time to (ie. becoming a priest, monk or acolyte). What I do have an issue with is that religion seems to be THE storyline of CoE. So in other words, yeah, we can be a blacksmith or a ranger and have fun being part of the world, but if we want to get involved with the progression of the core story that unfolds in the world we will have to get involved in religion.

That irks me. Imagine if aside from being whatever character you wanted to roleplay as you HAD to be a farmer, because the whole storyline of the world revolved around farming.

That's the story though. That's like joining a game about fallen angels and complaining about all the biblical references and the mentions to God and Satan. I don't see the big deal, it's fantasy not real life. It's not like you are being forced to worship - how do you even know that the big reveal at the end of the 10 year story is that ALL the religions are a lie?

Imgur Imgur

3/24/2017 6:05:53 AM #23

I'm just going to stop because it seems 'I don't like religious themes in game and it has nothing to do with my real world beliefs' is baffling.

To just answer the question plain and simple, I'll not participate in religious parts of the game, unless it becomes clear that it is the only way to participate in the progression of the story - in which case I'll probably just pick one with a smaller amount of followers.

3/24/2017 10:00:43 AM #24

I feel like forcing you to play certain ways is exactly what this game wont do

3/24/2017 11:47:51 AM #25

I will stand with the doomseers of the cult of Cinder, who await the purging of the world and its eventual rebirth in the Age of Fire.

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.

3/24/2017 2:40:43 PM #26

Quoted: "The Faedin believe all living things are tied to the Spirit World."

Feadin is not a "faith", we already know that "being tied to spirit world" is true.. we spirit walk, doh...

Quoted: "People who follow the fifth religion (Atheists) recognize the Gods, Ancients, and Guardians of the other religions, but refuse to allow them to have any power over them."

Now this is plain wrong... atheists should refuse to believe any gods exist...

I would personally love not to belong to any religion, but since this will likely not be an option since religions will likely provide some buffs, and I will "have to" chose one to not miss out on the buffs, I will chose The Faedin, since I already know there is spirit walking in game and if The Faedin (being spirit plane related "faith") grows to provide some buff to spirit walking then this will likely be beneficial to me having a warrior life style.

If Atheists were designed as a true non believers, than I would be an Atheist.

3/24/2017 3:29:15 PM #27

Here's the funny thing... Atheism is its own religion in the real world which means they worship the idea that there is no God. My older brother is a die-hard Atheist and he finds it so amusing that every Sunday, Atheist where he lives in AK meet to worship and praise a lack of God in the world LOL.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

3/24/2017 3:51:36 PM #28

Wow, there sure are a lot of heathens and degenerates that need purging.

3/24/2017 8:53:20 PM #29

OP you broke the cardinal rule, never talk about politics or religion, both topics are guaranteed to start a fight.

3/24/2017 8:58:24 PM #30

Posted By Heatmiser at 3:53 PM - Fri Mar 24 2017

OP you broke the cardinal rule, never talk about politics or religion, both topics are guaranteed to start a fight.

The only religions that are guaranteed to start a fight are the heathonistic degeneracies.

The only religion that is guaranteed to come out victorious is Virtori.