COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Tavern User Interface

Kingdom, Duchy, County, and Settlements will have a UI to create an ease of access for buying/selling/leasing lands.

My question is will there be/could there be the same mechanism for a tavern/inn.

An inn keeper would have to be in/around their inn at all times to lease out rooms without such a UI. Any info? And since NPCs can't accept a PC contract, it would have to be a PC running the inn, or a patron would have to wait for a NPC to offer a contract.

5/24/2017 6:02:58 PM #1

I thought an npc could accept a pc contract if it fulfilled their needs.

Also

I'm sure there will be an interface for all shops

5/24/2017 7:23:08 PM #2

NPCs will only offer contracts.

I'm sure there will be an interface for the owner, but I'm curious if a tavern/inn interface will allow patrons to lease a room similar to someone wanting to buy land.

There may not be enough information released yet, or it may be assumed and I'm missing it.

5/24/2017 7:27:59 PM #3

If the inn keeper isn't always there, who will I ask about the latest rumours?

Though thinking about it you would also think that the NPCs would be able to handle the contracts or any towns without a PC inn keeper is going to be fucked.

5/24/2017 7:41:52 PM #4

It sounds like a good idea if it hasn't already been considered by SbS. It seems pretty useful for players to be able to have NPC's or OPC's handle the renting of rooms and such. We'll have to wait on official word I suppose.

5/24/2017 8:02:21 PM #5

I like the idea but I think the mechanic would have to exist more as an NPC. Like you hire a barkeeper, an innkeeper or a general manager of sorts. Then that NPC kind of acts as the mechanic for the interface and you tell them we need x lbs of flours, x casks of ale, x sacks of apples. Etc, Etc and then they basically make sure all of that is delivered and or purchased.

But as I read back through once again, this is basically what OP already said.

5/24/2017 8:06:18 PM #6

How or why would you run a tavern without being there? Lol you shouldn't want to leave your tavern...

5/24/2017 8:15:16 PM #7

Posted By Gunnlang at 3:27 PM - Wed May 24 2017

Though thinking about it you would also think that the NPCs would be able to handle the contracts or any towns without a PC inn keeper is going to be fucked.

Very true which is why I'm curious. I know it was said that NPCs can only offer, not accept, PC contracts. So either the UI is implied for inns, or NPCs will offer everyone that walks in an inn a room.Posted By MeltedWater at 4:06 PM - Wed May 24 2017

How or why would you run a tavern without being there? Lol you shouldn't want to leave your tavern...

Haha, I want to own an inn, but I don't want to live there. If I could just hire an NPC and collect money without much effort, that would make me happy.

Any Devs able to provide input?

5/24/2017 9:16:06 PM #8

Posted By Kelipski at 3:15 PM - Wed May 24 2017

Posted By Gunnlang at 3:27 PM - Wed May 24 2017

Very true which is why I'm curious. I know it was said that NPCs can only offer, not accept, PC contracts. So either the UI is implied for inns, or NPCs will offer everyone that walks in an inn a room.Posted By MeltedWater at 4:06 PM - Wed May 24 2017

I imagine the simple answer to this is to have an NPC thats the "receptionist" and only after you engage them do they present you with a contract ?

6/12/2017 6:29:08 AM #9

Shit I wanted to be an inn/tavern owner but I never thought about the whole "you can't​ sell rooms with contract to NPCs" thing. depending on your area you might ONLY have NPC customers, in which case you're fucked.

You either need to either hire an NPC receptionist, which may be hard to find, or (preferably) have a UI. One that hopefully looks/acts like a small land selection map. Looking like either a floor plan of the building or just numbered boxes correlating to rooms.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14112/naeast-vornair-v%C3%B6lsung-county

6/12/2017 7:57:19 AM #10

This won't just affect taverns every shopkeeper will need to have an OPC method of selling their wares. A tavern room for the sake of renting it is as far as a OPC vendor goes is just a labeled key with a timer. A PC being able to negotiate the length of that timer with an OPC becomes the issue.

A related issue is being able to drop off items for repair with the OPC and collect them later. ie village has 1 weaponsmith you want to drop off your sword for them to repair when they come online and pick it up when you come back online.

We don't all live in the same timezones or work the same schedules, shift workers etc.

Click Banner To Visit town. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

1/9/2018 7:10:54 AM #11

I would like to see a more in depth design journal put out on OPC scrips and NPC AI in general. So many of my questions revolve around maintaining a persistent character while off line.

1/9/2018 9:00:33 PM #12

I bet if you ran a inn and npc needed a room they would offer a contract based upon the quality of inn and how much the rooms are priced at. After all a innkeeper normally waits to be spoken to and don't shout out room for rent! As well any keep who asks for too much money won't have any business.

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC