COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Why Have You Not Backed CEO Yet?

Edit: CEO should be CoE, I did not see that my bad. :)

Questions:

• Why have you not backed CoE yet?
  • Do you plan to back but you don't know what pledge package to purchase?
  • Was it easy to find the information you were looking for on CoE?
  • Are you apart of a kingdom, town, duchy, etc...?

Disclaimer: This is not a post to bash people who have not backed the game financially, it is rather a post to see areas where maybe the information is weak (few) and the community can provide more info. Or maybe they don't know which pledge package to purchase and they need info and help on that as well.

Running the Elyrian PC Assistance Program! (https://discord.gg/4UepZJZ)

10/16/2017 1:08:11 AM #1

Nvm.

If I may say... Its a bit nosy to ask why someone has or has not spent money....

May end up as a dead thread due to backers (who make up a large pop) are excluded from posting while those who haven't backed will be put directly in the limelight for all to see.

Just saying that this thread is approaching the idea in a weird way....

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

10/16/2017 2:27:39 AM #2

Posted By LukeSpyro at 7:08 PM - Sun Oct 15 2017

Nvm.

If I may say... Its a bit nosy to ask why someone has or has not spent money....

May end up as a dead thread due to backers (who make up a large pop) are excluded from posting while those who haven't backed will be put directly in the limelight for all to see.

We arent excluded sweetie. And its not asking why people haveng spent money towards this.

The ops approach is just trying to figure out who is on the fense and why they are there and if theres anything we can do to assure them or help them clear their mind.

Us backers are here to help everyone with all sorts of questions they may have whether they are or arent pledges. No one is obligated to buy the game now, there is still lots of time before the game comes out but until they do pledge we are here for any questions, especially those who havent pledged yet but want to but want more info or more dev work, who knows. and I think this thread is to help that and help them with more info to any questions they have

10/16/2017 4:34:45 AM #3

Some friends of mine who have yet to back the game are more or less skeptical of the game. Given that this was crowdfunded through Kickstarter, there are plenty of ideas/businesses that take the money, give plenty of lip service; then end up vanishing.

However, these are people that will back the game once it's out of its alpha stages to at least show more promise towards their investment(s). For them, there's no other incentive other than a head start rather than a game breaker exclusive. This is a new unique style of a game/gameplay while many are trapped in the old saturated ways.

I've been still trying to convince them since December of 2015. I know it was a bit early in development back then. Only they can truly say what's holding them back.

On the other hand, I've also backed with another account for the wife who wants more of an immediate satisfaction if she were to purchase a game. So given the wait time till Beta or full release, I can see why she is looking elsewhere for the time being before investing here.

Dreams are just dreams...

10/16/2017 4:44:49 AM #4

I only recently backed the game even though I've been watching it for over a year. The reason I was hesitant to put money on it is because I don't think the game is going to be anything like what we all think it will. With the game having so many new features that most big-name MMOs won't touch it's possible that players won't try it or will try it and not like it leaving the servers to be ghost towns with only a few hundred players.

I'm hoping this game works out but I'm still pretty skeptical about it.

10/16/2017 11:31:19 AM #5

For me its just 3 simple reasons. (says simple than looks at how many words i typed...)

1. So far i havent seen anything of note shown yet (looking forward to the voxelyria updates though). Now that is obviously because they are still really early in development and is understandable, but im the type of person whos not gonna drop money on something i cant touch/play with/break.

2. They are doing the same things other kickstarter MMOs are doing and attaching their testing levels to packages. I would wholeheartedly drop some money to become a beta/alpha tester (i love breaking games), i just dont wanna drop extra money on a bunch of BS i dont want. If i wanna alpha test i gotta drop 200+$ minimum for a package that has literally 3 things i would want out of it, and those 3 things + alpha is not worth anywhere near 200+$. If they would make a batch of store items that are purchasable testing levels with no extra fluff that specifically stated they are not refundable once testing for that testing level has started, then once something was playable i would put down the money for a testing level i felt appropriate. Heck if they made the store have the individual items in each package at probably a slightly higher price so people could build there own packages and mix and match what they want, that would be even better.

3. All my friends who might have been interested have just said "Meh" to the game because there is nothing available to show them (and i can only convey so much of what ive read cause im bad at words, and they dont wanna read a bazillion forum posts of information, + the forum search function is kind of a mess so its even hard for me to find quick information to toss them, so i only show them the dev journals and they just say its an interesting concept but they doubt it will work that way), so i dont have anyone who plans to play with me, and i dont want to forge allegiances to any kingdom or duchy untill closer to game release cause i want their ideals and such to be more set in stone than just being ideas before i group with anyone.

10/16/2017 12:38:47 PM #6

Posted By Shadoww at 1:31 PM - Mon Oct 16 2017

i dont want to forge allegiances to any kingdom or duchy untill closer to game release cause i want their ideals and such to be more set in stone than just being ideas before i group with anyone.

I tend to agree on most things you say, but you can't build houses on ideals. Join them early to form friendships and learn what kind of players you are teaming up with. Ideals can go out of the window as soon as the game launches, that is why you have to know the community first.

10/16/2017 12:57:03 PM #7

Posted By LukeSpyro at 04:08 AM - Mon Oct 16 2017

Nvm.

Nah, not weird at all, This is the sort of feedback thread I'd imagine SBS would be interested in reading very carefully as it potentially can give tips on how to appeal to more people.

My reason is that I don't know if the game will be anything like I imagine it to be. With not much to show it's hard to be sure. The concept had me register here and I drop by a couple of times a month to see how things are going.

10/16/2017 1:19:26 PM #8

Shadoww you made a lot of really valid points. And if you ever need help explaining some things there is always the CoE discord that has a TON of people on it constantly that can answer any and all questions you or others may have because of their strong hopes for the game and how itll turn out.

As for the package thing, yea sadly right now its a little wonky with the setups, and you would lose more than you gain by selling the title with the things you dont want. But you could also givr that title to a friend who would want to do something with it and thus have a community of your own a little settlement with your friends to have fun in. Then later down the road if you do want those, lets say, 3 items then you could probably end up buying them from the ep store at some point.

Either way it goes I really hope that you get some of the questions youre looking for answered and are able to get your friends involved ^.^ And I hope youre able to get the access you want with the items you want.

heres a link to the CoE official discord

10/18/2017 2:10:10 AM #9

I am very much interested in coe. It has many features planned that I always wanted in a mmo that others haven't delivered, permadeath being most enticing. That is usually only found in a handful of muds, and a 2d game. As for why I have yet to pledge, there has been little shown other than ideas. I'm waiting on proof of concept gameplay videos to show that this is more than an idea.

10/18/2017 2:55:39 AM #10

Many of my buddies won't pledge to a game that they can't test. These devs are ambitious and there is doubt as to if the end product will be what has been proposed. We have seen many good ideas for games never come to full fruition.

There is also the fear of pay to win anytime money can be exchanged for in game stuff. We got burned by this bad in Archage.

My hope is that once I have some hands on with the game, I'll be able to convince them to drink the coolaid. We weren't going to play ESO but I was able to get early access and, after a lot of testing, was able to make a case for the game and we jumped in.

Kip from Fist of the Empire

Friend code: 72EC67